Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond/Prof. Stien)

Hyper-Man

Re: Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond/Prof. Stien)

My basic approach would be Multiform for Ronnie/Firestorm.

Stein is an Altered Duplicate with Lockout.

This may seem weird BUT...

Build Stein with a Multiform w/ accidental change (when ronnie changes)

then buy him as a follower

One form is a computer, the other form is a normal person

This may seem weird BUT...

Build Stein with a Multiform w/ accidental change (when ronnie changes)

then buy him as a follower

One form is a computer, the other form is a normal person

Nah, that's not weird. And it could work, just depends on how well integrated the two personalities are.

I think it's easier to have the Firestorm persona have both of their skills then do the Computer with a Mind link route, but if the GM want's one or the other of them to be an NPC the Follower is probably a better way to go.

I also seem to remember that either of them could initiate the change with the 'Firestorm' form appearing at that person's location within a limited distance from one another.

(I just confirmed this essentially correct according to my old '85 issue of DC's Who's Who)

Regardless, how would you model the long distance aspect?

I also seem to remember that either of them could initiate the change with the 'Firestorm' form appearing at that person's location no matter their original distance from one another.

Is that right or was Ronnie the only one who could start the change.

Regardless, how would you model the long distance aspect?

I though in the beginning, only Ronnie could initiate the Firestorm transformation and was always the one that was in the drivers seat. In fact, Stein couldn't even remember what the duo did and it was slowly driving him nuts :eek:

That changed over a period of years with new writers and new directions. Jason Rusch is even more complicated than the three part Firestorm or the Elemental version :eek:

When I said I skipped most of the more complex parts, the long distance aspect was one of them, but you can have the Stein Duplicate get split off and then he just wanders off until Ronnie uses the Multiform again, at which point he vanishes. But I'm pretty sure it was way more complex than that in the comic, 'cause I seem to recall Stein ending up in weird places...:think:

I would go with Firestorm with his transform, flight, desolid, energy absorb, energy blast and range killing attack, skills that reflect both Ronnie and Stein

and then do a duplication with Ronnie and Stein getting their separate skills.

Stein and Ronnie talking when combined could be a special affect, or psych lim

CES

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my first draft (5er rules):

The Nuclear Man

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

13/40 STR 3 12- / 17- Lift 151.6kg/6400.0kg; 2 1/2d6/8d6 [1/4]

15/18 DEX 15 12- / 13- OCV: 5/6/DCV: 5/6

13/25 CON 6 12- / 14-

11 BODY 2 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

15/20 PRE 5 12- / 13- PRE Attack: 3d6/4d6

16 COM 3 12-

8/23 PD 2 Total: 8/23 PD (3/13 rPD)

8/23 ED 2 Total: 8/23 ED (3/13 rED)

4 SPD 15 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

6/13 REC 0

26/50 END 0

25/45 STUN 0

Total Characteristic Cost: 58

Movement:

Running: 6"/12"

Flight: 15"/120"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

Nuclear Physiology(list), all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

22 1) +27 STR (27 Active Points) 3

5 2) +3 DEX (9 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

19 3) +12 CON (24 Active Points)

3 4) +5 PRE (5 Active Points); Limited Power Offensive Only (Flaming Hair; -1/4)

2 5) +3 ED (3 Active Points)

24 6) Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points)

20 7) Molecular Vision: Detect A Large Class Of Things 12- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Range (25 Active Points)

4 8) Infrared Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points)

4 9) Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points)

26 10) Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (33 Active Points)

4 11) Professor Stein is in his head: Mind Link , One Specific Mind (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

133 Nuclear Powers: Variable Power Pool, 80 base + 53 control cost, Cosmic (+2) (200 Active Points); Limited Class Of Powers Available Limited (Personal Control (Flight, Desolidification, Regeneration) Energy Manipulation (EB, RKA & Deflection) and Matter Control (Dispel, Change Environment, Entangle, Transform); -1/2); all slots Limited Power Affected by Adjustments as an EC (now called Unified Power in 6e) (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4), Conditional Power Matter Manipulation only works on Inorganic/non-living material (suffers massive feedback if attempts to manipulate living matter; -1/4)

Notes: The following are just a basic example of the range of various powers Firestorm has access to. He can typically only use 2 distinct abilities at the same time (lesser Flight & Any Other Ability) He can not apply the Affects Solid Advantage to any powers while he is using Desolidification.

0 1) Nuclear Flight: Flight 15", x8 Noncombat, Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; +1) (80 Active Points) Real Cost: 46 8

0 2) Nuclear Phasing: Desolidification , Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (80 Active Points) Real Cost: 46 8

0 3) Nuclear Self Repair: Healing BODY 3d6 (standard effect: 9 points), Decreased Re-use Duration (1 Turn; +1 1/2) (75 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2) Real Cost: 33 7

0 4) Nuclear Matter Control: Dispel 21d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (79 Active Points); Conditional Power Only vs. non-living material (-1/2) Real Cost: 39 3

0 5) Nuclear Matter Control II: Entangle 8d6, 8 DEF (80 Active Points) Real Cost: 46 8

0 6) Nuclear Matter Control III: Major Transform 5d6+1 (80 Active Points); Conditional Power Not vs. Living Targets (-1) Real Cost: 32 8

0 7) Nuclear Matter Control IV: Change Environment 2" radius (-1 DCV, -1 OCV, Long-Lasting Permanent, Multiple Combat Effects, Varying Combat Effects), Selective Target (+1/2) (75 Active Points) Real Cost: 43 7

0 8) Offensive Nuclear Blast: Energy Blast 16d6 (vs. ED) (80 Active Points) Real Cost: 46 8

0 9) Defensive Nuclear Blast: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target, No Range Modifier (+1/2), Full Range (+1) (80 Active Points) Real Cost: 46

Perks

2 Reputation: It's Firestorm! (A large group) 14-, +1/+1d6 (3 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

10 Professor Stein: Follower

Notes: The Professor will be built with Multiform (into a Computer*) with No Conscious Control (Only when Ronnie initiates the change) and Mind Link (with Ronnie). *His body disappears from its current location and fuses with Ronnies' to become Firestorm.

Talents

6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

Skills

Everyman Skills (list)

0 1) Acting 8-

0 2) AK: Native Country 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

0 4) Concealment 8-

0 5) Conversation 8-

0 6) Deduction 8-

0 7) Language: English (Idiomatic, native accent; Custom Adder)

Notes: Native Language

0 8) Paramedics 8-

0 9) Persuasion 8-

0 10) PS: Player's Choice 11-

0 11) Shadowing 8-

0 12) Stealth 8-

0 13) TF: Custom Adder, Small Motorized Ground Vehicles

Notes: Custom Mod is Everyman Skill

8 Various Other Skills (Ronnie): Custom Skill

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 292

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

What specific power does his dispel work against? What specifically can he transform things into?

It's easier to describe what he can't dispel or transform. That's why I went with a VPP instead of a Multipower.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestorm_%28Ronald_Raymond%29

Powers and abilities

Firestorm has the ability to rearrange the atomic and subatomic structure of matter, rearranging subatomic particles to create objects of different atomic characteristics of equal mass. He can not only change the atomic composition of an object (e.g., transmuting lead into gold of equal mass) but he can also change its shape. He cannot, however, affect organic matter. If he does there may be painful, even lethal, feedback. This organic limitation does not extend to his person as he can change himself at will, allowing him to regenerate tissue, to shapeshift, and to survive indefinitely without food, water and air. Much like a Green Lantern's limitations, Firestorm can only create items the "driver" of the Firestorm matrix is able to understand the workings of. Unlike a Green Lantern's creations, Firestorm's alterations are permanent unless he reverses them.

• 1 year later...

What is the healing method for this transformation?

I'm not sure. No books in front of me at the moment but as far as I can remember his changes are permanent (as opposed to character on the anime "Full Metal Alchemist", Firestorm would probably be considered a living Philosopher's Stone on that show). There might be an Advantage for it but I don't know for sure.