Staggering SPD- 5th Ed.

mwiggins

Re: Staggering SPD- 5th Ed.

There also appears to be an explicit requirement for a power to NOT be Instant before Persistent can be applied to it (according to HDv3 using 6e rules at least).

This is actually a good thing IMO. The Duration is now a step progression of Instant-->Constant-->Persistent.

You can also get to Persistent without needing Reduced Endurance:0 END, and it's cheaper.

That makes sense.

Take a look at this build:

4 I Can't Believe It's Not Recovery! (6e): Aid 1d6 (standard effect: 3 points), Persistent (+1/4), Expanded Effect (x2 Characteristics or Powers simultaneously) (STUN & END; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Constant (+1/2) (16 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Only to Aid Self (-1), Only Restores To Starting Values (-1/2) 0 END

It appears to do the same thing as my previous Healing based build but it just seems to cheap for what it does.

That makes sense.

4 I Can't Believe It's Not Recovery! (6e): Aid 1d6 (standard effect: 3 points), Persistent (+1/4), Expanded Effect (x2 Characteristics or Powers simultaneously) (STUN & END; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Constant (+1/2) (16 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Only to Aid Self (-1), Only Restores To Starting Values (-1/2) 0 END

It appears to do the same thing as my previous Healing based build but it just seems to cheap for what it does.

Aid fades, man, aid fades!

That makes sense.

Except that it will "recover" a maximum of 6 Active Points, which comes to 6 Stun and 15 End (Adjustment Powers on those Characteristics are halved because they are considered "defensive"). So if you had 20 Stun and lost 10, you could then only get up 16, maximum. Aid has a maximum effect. If you were Knocked Out by bringing you to -10 Stun, the Aid would never be able to wake you up if you didn't have a natural Recovery. Healing would suffer a similar drawback unless its re-use time were dropped. And Regeneration doesn't work on things other than Body.

The only (official) possibility for building that effect that you want is Healing with one Turn or less re-use period.

The only (official) possibility for building that effect that you want is Healing with one Turn or less re-use period.

Except that according to GA the 6e rules forbid applying Persistent to Healing (HDv3 allows it when creating a 6e character though).