Hulk write-up from Game Trade Magazine 2003

MrAgdesh

Happy New Year Everyone. :)

I was wondering if anyone still has a copy of this article stashed away somewhere? It featured four write-ups of the Hulk (under Champions, Silver Age Sentinels, M&M, and the Marvel RPG).

It was available as a PDF file online for some time but I can't find it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Hulk write-up from Game Trade Magazine 2003

Huh. I thought it was the full thing but as you say' date=' its the part that counts. I remember when I went looking for this that it took me weeks to find that.[/quote']

Weird. Your post wasn't showing when i responded. I was replying to Dr. MID-Nite.

I wasn't saying it wasn't canon. I was just commenting, as someone who has read/collected the Hulk on and off for over 5 years as well as reading much of the early Stan Lee material and several of teh more famous collections and have never seen it mentioned.

WTF? No one is arguing that he doesn't have the power. I was just commenting on how extremely rare it is for it to actually come up in the comics. The fact that you feel the need to quote a clip from an RPG at me to prove how you're more well read in Marvel than us 23 year olds (I'm actually 25 btw) just seems...odd.

no offense to the 23-year-olds out there, but you have to have been reading marvel for a lot longer...

attached is a relevant scan, from the old Marvel RPG book.

Astral Detraction at Unearthly? Seems like who ever did the Hero System write up greatly overvalued a roll of 10 or less.

I can completely concur with that writeup in all but one thing' date=' Hulk's presence. If ever there was call for a presence of 60, this is it.[/quote']

I'm not sure I'd put it that high, but at the least a Reputation Perk would seem appropriate -- who on Marvel Earth hasn't heard of the Hulk or what happens when he lands in your town? :eek:

70 seems a little low for his base Strength, though. If it were up to me I'd probably set it at 90, so his Rage-Enhanced Strength would then top out at 150.

Still, those are just subjective quibbles. I can't argue it's not a thorough and well thought-out write-up. :thumbup:

The funny thing is' date=' the only time I think I've ever seen him use the ability was in a non-canon Hulk/Darkness crossover...[/quote']

I remember it from a few early encounters between the Hulk and Dr. Strange back in the sixties, particularly in the old Strange Tales series featuring Doc, and the earliest get-togethers of the Defenders.

Heh. Well' date=' thanks for the compliments, guys- I wrote that many years ago indeed. dw[/quote']

Its a very nice interpretation I think. I notice that it uses a lot of the schticks that later appeared in the Ultimate Brick. Its also interesting to see the feedback on this thread regarding different power levels of play.