Starfall - A Gamma HERO campaign

Fedifensor

Re: Starfall - A Gamma HERO campaign

I've updated the Venus post.

I only have time for a quick read of Venus, but I did notice a few things.

Invisibility has the wrong limitation amount for Extra Time. As you have the power written up, it takes a turn to active, lasts a phase...and then you have to activate it again. It's only a -1/2 limitation (half of -1 1/4) to have the Extra Time only apply to the activation of a Constant power.' Clinging has the same problem, but you could add a limitation of "cannot move when power active" to compensate.

Went through and corrected the Extra Time. That was an idiot move on my part. To keep the costs relatively the same I've upped the End cost on these powers. Notes: Hero Designer put this at -3/4ths. Do you want me to change try and change it to -1/2 manually or is this okay?

The Regeneration is pretty strong - we're talking Wolverine-level regen. Then again, it appears to be the central theme of your character (renewal). I'll have to discuss this one with Zac.

Gift of the Land is another one I'll have to think about. One limiting factor is that just because you 'clean' the land, doesn't mean it'll stay that way. One Bad Water rain can undo what you have done, for example.

This sounds fair to me I wasn't looking to do long term world altering changes but I thought it made for a good story element.

If you plan to pick up weapons of one sort or another, the HKA is fine as a backup. If it's going to be your only attack for the majority of the campaign, you may want to buy it up to 1d6K (2d6K with STR).

I pictured her shunning most technology reliying on her natural abilities more. There is a disadvantage to go with hat as well. To compensate I bumped her Thorns to 2d6k.

The DR is fine...I'd actually suggest a higher PD, maybe with the limitation that it doesn't work against slashing attacks. Bullets and clubs don't do much against a plant. Maybe 2 or 3 points of PD Armor with the "not versus slashing attacks" limitation.

Venus is now at 7 PD/ED and rPD/rED.

For playability, you may want to tone down the Distinctive Feature to Major instead of Extreme. Unless someone looks closely, they may think you're just a mut with a rather strong mutation, which would mitigate their reaction towards you. I'd actually take two Distinctive Features:

• Distinctive Feature - Mutated Plant (5 points). This represents the difficulties you'll have with devices of the ancients. Interestingly, you'll have less of a problem with such devices than beasts.
  • Distinctive Feature - Weed (15 or 20 points). This is the Distinctive Feature you already have.

I think Unique Biology is both advantage and disadvantage, and shouldn't be worth a disadvantage on its own. Some things that won't affect a Pure will hurt you, and vice-versa. However, I could see taking the disadvantage Plant Biology, as Paramedics skill is useless to help you.

I think your two Social Limitations are double-dipping, as the reason people may not trust you is because you're a Weed. I'd drop the 'Not Trusting'.

Removed the Not Trusted, lowered the Distinctive Features and added a second along with upping her Dreams from Moderate to Strong. For her physical limitation, I tried to take the idea of her biology as both a benefit and a flaw using Life Support and the Unique Biology Disadvantage. Does that make sense?

To bring her damage and defenses up to snuff I went ahead and dipped into the 10 points I had set aside. Let me know what you think. The changes so far were easy enough.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the list of Languages "Common" to the campaign area. This is subject to change as we tighten up new species or other groups in the area. At the minimum these are on the list:

Literacy - 1 point. If you take this, any language that has a written component the player can use at the level purchased for the original language.

Ancient - most a character can purchase at the start of the game is Basic Conversion (1 point). Most knowledge is going to come out of the Book of Gideon, what little is left on ancient signs, etc. This language has a written component.

Amrikana - this is a polyglot language bastardized from some version of Ancient spoken today in the HiWest the players hale from. It has been so marred by oral tradition and no written word it is unique.

Mexikana - another polyglot language. You hear it more in Lo but understand it is very common in the SowWest. It also lacks a written word.

Trade Sign - a language that has no spoken component involved. No one knows where it came from, but it is used by everyone who is serious about bartering and trade. Using your hands, traditionally under a table or beneath a cloth, people use their fingers to tap, swipe, shake, etc the other persons hands. Usually two people sit down at a table over a glass of Good Water or a Roll, pleasantly discussing the goings on of the day. Under the covering they are haggling the price, count, quality, etc of the goods in question. No one else would know the deal, what the deal entailed, etc. The catch is the person would have to use no more than two limbs, with no more than two fingers per limb, due to the deformities of muts and the nonhuman form of many beasts. 1 point allows simple transactions (X for Y), 2 points allows for most transactions, more points gives speed and the ability to be subtle. If a character has Literacy they can make the necessary symbols to conduct transactions in writing.

Ggaru - used by the Ggaru, no "written" component but includes markings and, ahem, signs at the 4 point level.

Aiogs - pulling their language (just have them adding an occasional gnash, short barks, trills, etc that Prarie Dogs use now in their speech patterns)

Most Pures, Mutes and Beasts have no clue how to read. Almost all interactions are oral with rituals and storytelling passing lore down from generation to generation. Elders usual have at least a partial copy of the Book of Gideon and give out The Word from time to time.

Most business use large signs to denote purpose of the establishment. Box text to follow... :)

Overheard by a passerby when someone asked Old Karl why the black bird was painted on his sign.

The Keg had been in Seven Well for as long as anyone can call. Ground Uff's simmered with onyons on fresh bread with a side of Potes would waft down the street round Nuon. The keg swinging above the door let customers know that Wells Finest did not have to come out of a hole. When the Wells ran near dry generations ago, death filled the air. Crows came to roost about the town, feeding off the dead faster than they could be put under. The Gods finally gave up their anger upon the good folk of Wells and returned the water with a Great Shake. Years past and the crows left, all but one. My great, great grandmother use to feed the lonely ole squawker the left over Potes at the end of the day. In time the Crow was put under and people would always asked about the fate of the black bird. So a black bird was painted on the old keg and the two have swung as one every since. The Keg and Crow remains standing, a welcome sight to them here about. Selling ground Uff round Nuon to the hungry and tapping a fresh 'rew, cold from the cellar.

Here is a map of the "known" lands in the campaign. There is no scale to speak of, everything is measured in days BUT a day on an Ancient Highway on flat ground is a sight bit different than a day in the mountains on a modern road. In some places that modern road may be little more than an improved goat trail!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34641[/ATTACH]

Area Knowledge, Specific

AK: City – Cassock

AK: City – Fedrex

AK: City – Lo

AK: City – Seven Wells

AK: City – Undertown

AK: City – Unirad

(Sulfur Springs is an off limits area at the beginning of the game.)

Area Knowledge, General

AK: The Burning Lands (you need a good explanation for this one!)

AK: The Great Var (everything north of Cassock and East of the mountains)

AK: Lo Road (everything south of Cassock and East of the mountains)

AK: Mountains

AK: Waste Plains

Area Knowledge, Overview

AK: Region – HiWest

Does Fedrex have a standing defense force? or is it all militia?

What is training like and what weapons would be used for this defense/militia?

Fed is handling all the dirt on Fedrex and Cassock (or what is left of Cassock), while I am handling the remainder of the towns. So, I will have to defer to him.

Does Fedrex have a standing defense force? or is it all militia?

Fedrex's first line of defense is secrecy. Zac's map is off in one respect...the "modern" road from Cassrock ends about two miles away from town, next to rocky terrain that conceals tracks. Those who meet with the traders go out to that point to do their trading.

That said, if the village was attacked, every citizen would come to the town's defense. All adults have earned their right to stay under the Rule of Cargo, which means they've successfully traveled into the wasteland, survived the dangers out there, and came back with Cargo without having it taken from them. That means they know how to defend themselves. Most villagers know how to use melee weapons of some sort or another, some use missile weapons, and a few may even have firearms (though the gunpowder may be of questionable reliability).

The secret weapon of Fedrex is Cargo. As the council receives Cargo privately, no one knows what they have hidden inside the ancient building where Cargo is stored. Many believe the council has at least a few weapons of the Ancients, and Daryne (the head of the council) is rumored to be able to cut a foe in half with a single swing of his blade.

Character Theme

One thing that may not have been clear from my earlier posts is that I'd like to see characters with strong backgrounds and a theme to their special abilities. I realize the original Gamma World game assigned abilities to mutants in a random fashion. With Starfall, we're taking a different approach that utilizes the power of the HERO system.

I'll use Venus as an example. While there are still things that need to be resolved with the character, Venus has a detailed background that explains who she is, where she came from, and why she's looking for Cargo. The character's powers all fit the plant theme, and some have the secondary theme of renewal. Specifics on how those powers work can be negotiated, but there has to be a good framework to start with.

Character Review - Venus

Okay, I've consulted with Zac, we've debated several things, and it's time to give a full review of Venus. However, I'm going to do this in stages, because the answers from the first part will affect other things on the character.

We like the concept, though (as expected) playing a Weed requires us to ask several questions about how the character functions. I'll start with the questions that arose from having a plant character in the game:

• Does Venus breathe, or have a breathing equivalent where she needs access to oxygen like a human? If not, Life Support of some sort will be required.
  • What does she eat? My thought was that she takes in more water per day than a human needs, but garners remaining sustenance by drawing nutrients from fertile ground. Fortunately, Venus has the ability to make ground fertile - a beneficial mutation.
  • Does Venus sleep? My thought is that since Venus is mobile unlike most plants, she needs periods of inactivity to recover from the exertion of movement. These inactive periods would be similar to a human's sleep cycle. If she doesn't have a sleep equivalent, she'll need Life Support for that.
  • Does Venus have the equivalent of sight, hearing, etc? This would include parts of her form where sensory growths are concentrated, so she could be blinded, deafened, etc. Is she missing any of the five senses that a human has?
  • Venus appears to be a mold-based plant, but has thorns, which is a departure from theme. Are the thorns mainly so Venus has an attack, or is there a conceptual reason for them? As an alternative, you could buy up STR to 25, which would give you a respectible 5d6 N attack (enough to stun your standard wasteland ganger).

Re: Character Review - Venus

Okay, I've consulted with Zac, we've debated several things, and it's time to give a full review of Venus. However, I'm going to do this in stages, because the answers from the first part will affect other things on the character.

We like the concept, though (as expected) playing a Weed requires us to ask several questions about how the character functions. I'll start with the questions that arose from having a plant character in the game:

• Does Venus breathe, or have a breathing equivalent where she needs access to oxygen like a human? If not, Life Support of some sort will be required

One of the things I wanted to do with Venus is develop her plant like abilities over time. For now she has no advantage for breathing but as she matures I'd like to pick up an extended breathing or expanded breathing (Nitrogen) depending on what's appropriate for the game.

• What does she eat? My thought was that she takes in more water per day than a human needs, but garners remaining sustenance by drawing nutrients from fertile ground. Fortunately, Venus has the ability to make ground fertile - a beneficial mutation.
  • Does Venus sleep? My thought is that since Venus is mobile unlike most plants, she needs periods of inactivity to recover from the exertion of movement. These inactive periods would be similar to a human's sleep cycle. If she doesn't have a sleep equivalent, she'll need Life Support for that.

Like Pures and other creatures she still has the basic needs. I pictured her needing good soil and water. A friend and I were actually taking about this and got a chuckle over the following possible conversation: (GM): So you'll all be heading into the desert. Anything you need before leaving?

(Venus): Twenty kilos of potting soil.

It was around this time I realized that the old phase you've made your bed now lie in had a rather special meaning for Venus. Taking the time to convert a patch of ground she cold sleep there and wake up refreshed. Then again at the same time spending a night in say an underground bunker where all the floors and walls are concrete would cause her to starve.

• Does Venus have the equivalent of sight, hearing, etc? This would include parts of her form where sensory growths are concentrated, so she could be blinded, deafened, etc. Is she missing any of the five senses that a human has?

Part of the Venus concept is that she is human-like so she has these basic senses and sensory organ equivalents. No special senses or defenses, yet...

• Venus appears to be a mold-based plant, but has thorns, which is a departure from theme. Are the thorns mainly so Venus has an attack, or is there a conceptual reason for them? As an alternative, you could buy up STR to 25, which would give you a respectible 5d6 N attack (enough to stun your standard wasteland ganger).

The idea of her having thorns as an attack was primarily to prevent her from needing technology to compensate, I didn't picture her using weapons. As for her Strength this was something I debated, I'd actually really like to take Venus's Strength and Body higher. For whatever reason even though her background she's fungal I picture her as being tougher, more like a tree in my head.

Overall, I think these notes actually give me ideas on how to advance the character as she gains experience, grow into her body so to speak. Right now, part of her is still trying to reconcile her human heritage so there may be things that she could do now if she realized it but her mind hasn't accepted it. Other things might be her body simply developing.

The idea of her having thorns as an attack was primarily to prevent her from needing technology to compensate' date=' I didn't picture her using weapons. As for her Strength this was something I debated, I'd actually really like to take Venus's Strength and Body higher. For whatever reason even though her background she's fungal I picture her as being tougher, more like a tree in my head.[/quote']

What is your definition of technology? Is a greatclub (basically, a dead piece of plant) considered taboo to you? If you decided to use a weapon like that, with a 20 STR, that's 7d6 normal damage, which might even be too much...

Overall, I think these notes actually give me ideas on how to advance the character as she gains experience, grow into her body so to speak. Right now, part of her is still trying to reconcile her human heritage so there may be things that she could do now if she realized it but her mind hasn't accepted it. Other things might be her body simply developing.

That sounds good to me. Part 2 of the review will be posted shortly.

Character Review - Venus (Part 2)

Okay, time to dig into the character sheet.

Stats look decent, though I'll touch on defenses later. If you shun weapons besides your own body and would prefer to ditch the thorns (or make them secondary), I could see you buying STR to 25. It's a competitive attack for the campaign, and gives you an amazing grab.

Next, the powers...the main area of review.

I'm not thrilled with the Clinging as written. You have a limitation on activation (-3/4 is the correct value, so don't worry about that), Increased END, and Only Costs END To Activate. What this means to me is you can activate Clinging once at the beginning of the day and leave it on until you sleep or are knocked unconscious. A Limitation that isn't a Limitation isn't worth points - you have -1 1/2 of lims for what I would consider about -1/4 of inconvenience. If you limit the Clinging in some way so you have to reactivate it frequently (can't move from current hex when Clinging active, etc), then the limitations would have their perceived value. Even then, I'm not a big fan of combining Increased END Cost with Only Costs END To Activate.

The Damage Resistance cap at the beginning of the game is equivalent to Chainmail (6 PD/6 ED), and most will have less than that. But there is a second problem. Taking per turn Regeneration combined with 6 resistant defenses makes you nearly unkillable - anything that would kill you would either require a single massive shot that would kill anyone, or focused fire from a group that would kill any other PC much earlier.

Regen at a per turn rate is too much, unless you have NO resistant defenses. If resistant defenses were lowered to the 3-4 range, I could see Regen with a per hour rate. That still heals you up between most fights, but not in combat.

For total defenses, I'd suggest per hour Regen, 6 to 8 total PD and ED (of which 3 points is resistant PD/ED), and perhaps 3 points of PD armor with a limitation (not versus Slashing attacks, -1/2).

I don't have a problem with the Invisibility...but I think you will. With a 3 SPD, 7 REC, and 30 END, you will go from full Endurance to 0 in just under a minute...but it takes 12 seconds just to get the power running, making it nearly useless for its intended purpose. I like the power, but I don't think it's very practical. I'd suggest removing Increased END Cost so you can maintain the power as long as you're doing nothing else. Or you could just buy this as extra levels in Stealth, limited by the environment.

Thorns didn't seem all that thematic, but I can live with them. If you avoid tech, you're going to want to make sure whatever attack power you buy is something you can live with for most of the game, as you'll be using it a lot.

The Life Support is fine. No posion/chemical resist means you can be hurt by any poison or chemical which is toxic to plants, but that seems to be what we're looking for.

I think Gift of the Land is both cool and thematic. In short, I'll allow it. However, if I start seeing problems with it in game, I reserve the right to call for adjustments (further mutations). :)

If you need additional power ideas...an inch or two of Stretching fits well and be quite useful in the game.

Skills are mostly fine, though even with instinctive knowledge I can't really wrap my brain about how you would know Cryptography at the start of the game. This might be a skill to pick up later, so you can focus on other things (more Survival categories, Area Knowledges, etc).

I figured out what's been bothering me about your Disadvantages. They overlap a LOT, and you have no Disadvantages that reflects any connection to those around you (positive or negative). No DNPCs, no Hunteds (or Watched), no Rivalries. In addition, you have no weaknesses (Susceptibility, Vulnerability). 2/3rds of your disads can be summed up in three words - "creepy plant girl". I understand the feel that you're going for, but I would lower or drop disads like Unique Biology and Minority for some other disadvantages to round the character out a bit.

For example, you could look like a mut whose mutant power involves plants, and take Accidental Change (which would revert you to a more plant-looking form). Fail the roll when the trigger comes up, and suddenly the village goes from "that plant lady seems a bit off" to "Kill the Weed!" It covers part of your current Social Limitation, lets you have a slightly lower Distinctive Feature (making interactions with others easier), but also gives your character something to watch out for. If the character switches from plant girl to killer plant when her life is threatened, she's likely to be more vigilant about detecting those situations before they become a problem.

Hunteds also add flavor. What if your plant matter can be distilled into something like Golden Weed, which is valued in the wasteland? I could see several organizations wanting to hunt you down so they could 'harvest' you.

A Vulnerability to Fire fits, even if it's just versus STUN damage.

Anyway, just take a second look at the disadvantages with those comments in mind.

In this build the Thorns were removed and her strength increased to 25, the Clinging to costs end throughout and dropped the Extra End requirement. To try and balance out her defenses the Regen was dropped to a per hour rate and resistant defenses to 4 with 6 total PD & ED. The End cost was also lowed for Part of the Environment. Oddly the added Strength helps clean up some End issues by increasing her Recovery. The Cryptography was actually an error on my part. The skill has been removed and her Survival and languages have been expanded. Other changes include an increase in body from posts left over after dropping her defenses down. Lastly I went though and did a major overhaul on her Disadvantages adding in a Vulnerability to Fire a Susceptibility to Pesticides and a Hunted by the Darwinists as these all seemed to fit with the concept and it gives plenty of room for mad scientists.

For ease of reference I've included the character below instead of updating the previous post again.

Venus

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

25 STR 20 14- Lift 800.0kg; 5d6 [2]

14 DEX 12 12- OCV: 5/DCV: 5

15 CON 10 12-

18 BODY 16 13-

15 INT 5 12- PER Roll 12-

13 EGO 6 12- ECV: 4

13 PRE 3 12- PRE Attack: 2 ½d6

12 COM 1 11-

6 PD 1 Total: 6 PD (4 rPD)

6 ED 3 Total: 6 ED (4 rED)

3 SPD 6 Phases: 4, 8, 12

8 REC 0

30 END 0

39 STUN 0

Total Characteristic Cost: 83

Movement:

Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 5"/10"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

4 Putting Down Roots: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -¾), Costs Endurance (-½) 1

4 Plant Mass: Damage Resistance (4 PD/4 ED) 0

8 Regeneration: Healing 1d6+1 (standard effect: 4 points), Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½) (36 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Hour, -3), Self Only (-½) 0

Notes: No Healing Max (see FREd p. 120). 2 Body per Turn.

6 Part of the Environment : Invisibility to Sight Group (20 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only in "green" terrain, forests, marsh, jungle etc...; -1), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -¾), Chameleon (-½) 2

11 Nature's Filter: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents) 0

2 Gift of the Land: Major Transform 1 point (Fallow to Fertile, Pollutants), Area Of Effect (1" Radius; +1) (10 Active Points); Extra Time (5 Minutes, -2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -½), No Range (-½) 2

Skills

0 Everyman Skills

0 1) Acting 8-

0 2) KS: Herbal Medicine (Custom Adder) 11-

0 3) KS: Ruins 8-

0 4) Language: Amrikana (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

0 5) Paramedics 8-

0 6) PS: Scavenger 8-

0 7) Shadowing 8-

0 8) Survival (Tropical) 8-

0 9) TF: Custom Adder, Other

3 Climbing 12-

3 Concealment 12-

3 Deduction 12-

2 Language: Ancient (basic conversation; literate)

3 Persuasion 12-

3 Scientist

3 1) SS: Botany 13- (4 Active Points)

2 2) SS: Entomolgy 12- (3 Active Points)

2 3) SS: Exobiology 12- (3 Active Points)

2 4) SS: Forestry 12- (3 Active Points)

3 Stealth 12-

3 Survival (Mountain, Tropical Coasts/Pelagic Environments) 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 67

Total Cost: 150

75+ Disadvantages

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima No Age Restriction

10 Distinctive Features: Woman made of plant matter. (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

5 Distinctive Features: Mutated Plant (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Hunted: Darwinists 11- (As Pow, Capture)

Notes: Something, new?

15 Psychological Limitation: Dislike of Technology (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Strange Dreams (Uncommon, Strong)

Notes: Often Venus has dreams she cannot understand with her wandering through dense forests or woods.

10 Susceptibility: Pesticides 1d6 damage per Turn (Uncommon)

10 Vulnerability: 1 ½ x STUN From Fire (Common)

Total Disadvantage Points: 150

Just my two cents worth on the no tech concept. Is it the material or the device that Venus avoids? You have already said a greatclub would be ok but not a knife. What if the knife was made from stone or a sharpened stake? A bow is natural materials and depending on type of bow, regular or composite, the complexity of creation.

Not sure what happened when I posted and tried to use the spoiler tag so let's try again without that. Lemme know your feedback. I am still 20 pts short of disads. I did not know what hunteds or such might be appropriate.

DANCES WITH SPIRITS

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 0 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6;

14 DEX 12 12- OCV 5 DCV 5

15 CON 0 12-

10 BODY 0 11-

13 INT -2 12- PER Roll 12-/13-

13 EGO 0 12- ECV: 4

13 PRE 0 12- PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6

10 COM 0 11-

8 PD 3 Total: 8 PD (5 rPD)

3 ED 0 Total: 3 ED (3 rED)

6 REC 0

30 END 0

26 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 19

Movement: Running: 8" / 16"

Swimming: 2" / 4"

Leaping: 3" / 6"

Cost Powers END

Brainy Mutation

6 1) Increased Ego: +3 EGO

5 2) Higher Brain Functions: +5 INT

3 3) Self-Confidence: +3 PRE

Brawny Mutation

10 1) Improved Constitution: +5 CON

2 2) Tougher Hide: +2 PD

5 3) Increased Muscle Mass: +5 STR 1

19 Canine Nose: (Total: 19 Active Cost, 19 Real Cost) +1 PER with Smell/Taste Group (Real Cost: 2) plus +4 versus Range Modifier for Normal Smell (Real Cost: 2) plus Tracking with Normal Smell (Real Cost: 5) plus Discriminatory with Smell/Taste Group (Real Cost: 10) 0

4 Protective Hide: Damage Resistance (5 PD/3 ED) 0

6 Smell the Disease: Detect A Class Of Things 13-/14- (Smell/Taste Group), Analyze (11 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 1

3 Effective Liver: Life Support (Immunity: Bad Water) 0

3 Mystic Bond: Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Psychic Bond (10 Active Points); Feedback STUN and BODY (-2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4) 0

3 Low Light Vision: Nightvision (5 Active Points); Black and White Only (-1/4), Requires Some Light (-1/4) 0

4 Running on All Fours: Running +2" (8" total) 1

Talents

3 Lightsleep

5 Eidetic Memory

3 Bump Of Direction

15 Skill Master (+3 with all Skills based on INT)

Skills

2 Language: Trade Sign (fluent conversation)

1 Language: Ancient (basic conversation)

Ggaru Skills

0 1) Language: Ggaru (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

2 2) Survival (Temperate/Subtropical Forests, Temperate/Subtropical Plains) 12-

4 3) WF: Common Melee Weapons, Atatl, Javelins and Thrown Spears, Thrown Rocks

Nomad Package

3 1) Animal Handler 12-

2 2) Navigation (Land) 12-

3 3) Tracking 12-

3 4) Weaponsmith (Muscle-Powered HTH, Muscle-Powered Ranged) 12-

Shaman Skills

3 1) Forensic Medicine (Embalming) 12-

2 2) KS: Flora And Fauna 11-

2 3) KS: Herbalism And Healing-Lore 11-

3 4) Paramedics (Healing) 12-

Starfall Everyman Skills

0 1) AK: Fedrex 8-

0 2) Acting 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

0 4) Concealment 8-

0 5) KS: Legends and Lore 11-

0 6) Language: Tradespeak (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

0 7) PS: Cartography 11-

0 8) Paramedics (Healing) 8-

0 9) Shadowing 8-

0 10) Stealth 8-

0 11) Survival (Mountain) 8-

0 12) TF: Wasteland Riding Animals

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 129

Total Cost: 148

75+ Disadvantages

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima

10 Distinctive Features: Beast (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Mutated Animal - Genetic Marker (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Large Group)

10 Physical Limitation: Semi Upright (Frequently; Slightly Impairing) Note: This character can walk on two legs, but must run on all fours. His pelvis is slightly elongated from the typical butterfly shaped human pelvis. Apes and monkeys are good examples of this Disadvantage. When running on all fours, this character may not hold any objects in his hands. All such objects must be holstered, stored, or otherwise put away.

5 Social Limitation: Outcast (Occasionally; Minor)

15 Psychological Limitation: Tries to Keep Secret Fact That he can Speak Tradespeak (Very Common; Moderate)

5 Psychological Limitation: Seeks to Find Out Fate of Parents (Uncommon; Moderate)

18 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 148

Background/History: From the time Dances was born, his parents knew he was different. His mother during died in childbirth due to his larger than normal size. Stargazer had claimed that Dances was destined for a life beyond the tribe.

childhood was eventful as his birth. During the winter of his fourth year, a famine drove a wedge in his pack. A disease had killed or made useless most of the Uff in their region. The famine was merely the final straw that brought forth the fear and hatred that had been brewing since his birth. He was always bigger than other pcakmates his age. Dances showed an increased learning curve as well. He was always able to pick up skills and tricks faster than others. He also had a secret that his parents kept and always told him to keep. Dances could not only understand Tradespeak, he could speak it as well. So when the famine happened, his family was cast out as misfits.

continued to wander in the plains. Dances found squatters that had captured a (insert rare bird species here) and were using it as a play thing. As if the squatting was not bad enough, they were abusing nature. Dances could not allow that so he attacked. It was a close battle and he suffered several battle scars as a result but in the end, he defeated the group and freed the bird. Even free, the bird continued to stay with Dances. That battle had somehow mystically linked the two. Dances felt as if the bird was the physical form of his spiritual guide.

fortune struck again when both his parents became ill with a disease. Dances knew they were sick before they did. He could smell the disease setting in. He thought he knew of some herbs that could cure them but those herbs was located near Great Var. It was a risky solution but one he felt he had to try. As he neared the city, he was beset by untold horrors and was struck down. His last memory was that of an angelic form over him as he passed into unconsciousness. When he awoke, he was in a church in Fedrex. Nobody knew how he had gotten there, he was just found on the doorstep one morning. Nearly a year had passed between the time he fell and when he awoke.

quickly left go back and find his parents fearing the disease had already taken them. He searched the area where they had last been but never found them or any signs of where they had gone. Saddened, he returned to Fedrex. He used his skills to help others in Fedrex. Now is the Cargo season, so he prepares to go find Cargo to earn his place in Fedrex.

Appearance: Patches is about 5'11" when he stands upright. His frame is larger and more stocky than that of nromal Ggaru.

Hey...

So, I have an idea for a mutant with power over unliving substances - low-level, but given time he can fix devices, transform materials into other things, craft very strong swords, etc. He can see and distinguish different substances (knows lead from gold). Has blade skills, no obvious signs of mutation.

Thanks!

So, here is the first (basic) pass at my submission; there are holes, and background detail. But I think he could be a lot of fun in a gamma world game.

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aerias Duranian

Player:

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

18 DEX 24

13 CON 6

13 BODY 6

13 INT 3

13 EGO 6

18 PRE 8

13 COM 2

3/9 PD 0

3/4 ED 0

4 SPD 12

6 REC 0

26 END 0

28 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

3" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 72

Cost Power

15 Blacksteel Katana: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (3d6 w/STR) (30 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; -3/4), Real Weapon (-1/4)

6 Blacksteel Chainmail: Armor (6 PD/1 ED) (12 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; -3/4), Real Armor (-1/4)

12 Matter Control: Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points); all slots Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only Works on Non-Living Substances; -1), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2)

1u 1) Matter Sense: Detect A Large Class Of Things 17- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Targeting (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only Works on Non-Living Substances; -1), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2)

1u 2) Transmutation: Major Transform 1d6 (Any Non-Living into Any Non-Living), Partial Transform (+1/2) (22 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only Works on Non-Living Substances; -1), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2)

1u 3) Telekinesis (20 STR) (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only Works on Non-Living Substances; -1), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2)

Powers Cost: 36

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

1 Weapon Element: Blades, Default Element

4 Counterstrike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +2 DC Strike, Must Follow Block

4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +2 DC Strike

5 Passing Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon +v/5; FMove

4 Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 25 STR to Disarm

4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

Martial Arts Cost: 22

Cost Skill

3 Demolitions 12-

3 Electronics 12-

3 Inventor 12-

3 Mechanics 12-

4 Weaponsmith (Firearms, Swords And Daggers) 12-

3 PS: Metalurgy 12-

1 WF: Blades

Skills Cost: 20

Total Character Cost: 150

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Distinctive Features: Eyes of Blackfire, Like Molten Evil Suns (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) [Notes: Usually Wears Sunglasses]

15 Social Limitation: Mutant (Frequently; Major)

10 Hunted: 8- (As Pow; Capture)

Disadvantage Points: 35

Base Points: 100

Experience Required: 15

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

So' date=' here is the first (basic) pass at my submission; there are holes, and background detail. But I think he could be a lot of fun in a gamma world game.[/quote']

Okay, this is going to sound harsh, but...where's the character?

I see a Hero Designer file that shows characteristics, powers useful for combat, martial arts...and skills that are used to create or maintain devices of destruction. I look at Disadvantages and see Distinctive Feature: Coolness, something saying he's a mutant (even though we're marking that with Distinctive Features instead of a Social Limitation, per the character creation guidelines), and an unnamed hunted.

Trust me, I understand the appeal of cool powers, and shining in combat...I really do. But I see nothing that makes me want to include the character in the game, and a lot to convince me to deny the application. He has equipment with no explanation of how he got it, that violates the standards set out in the character creation guidelines on the first page of the thread. He has stop sign powers that are horribly subject to abuse (Transform any non-living to any non-living? Really?) and not even bought by the rules (your Transform should have the Improved Results Group advantage for Transforming into any non-living). Finally, he's using a Power Framework when they are prohibited in this game.

Most telling of all, though, it that you have nothing to tell me who the character is. No background, no Psychological Limitations, nothing. You say he's missing background detail...I say this isn't a character, it's just some powers slapped onto a basic framework so it functions for combat.

Based on the lack of background and the character ignoring the character guidelines, I can only come to one conclusion. You're not looking to play in Starfall...you're just looking for a chance to use this combination of powers in a game. We're going to be telling a story...and while there will be combat, there will also be character development. I see no character here to develop. For that reason, I'm going to have to say no.

A few notes:

1] Missed the "no power frameworks"; did not ignore on purpose.

2] Thought the suggestion was to wait to flesh out the character.

3] Thought the Transform was ok at lower power level due to lack of immediate combat applicability. Basically, a broad, slow, iron to steel to blacksteel effect.

4] He made the armor himself - thought that was evident.

But no problem. Good luck with your game.

Okay, this is going to sound harsh, but...where's the character?

I see a Hero Designer file that shows characteristics, powers useful for combat, martial arts...and skills that are used to create or maintain devices of destruction. I look at Disadvantages and see Distinctive Feature: Coolness, something saying he's a mutant (even though we're marking that with Distinctive Features instead of a Social Limitation, per the character creation guidelines), and an unnamed hunted.

Trust me, I understand the appeal of cool powers, and shining in combat...I really do. But I see nothing that makes me want to include the character in the game, and a lot to convince me to deny the application. He has equipment with no explanation of how he got it, that violates the standards set out in the character creation guidelines on the first page of the thread. He has stop sign powers that are horribly subject to abuse (Transform any non-living to any non-living? Really?) and not even bought by the rules (your Transform should have the Improved Results Group advantage for Transforming into any non-living). Finally, he's using a Power Framework when they are prohibited in this game.

Most telling of all, though, it that you have nothing to tell me who the character is. No background, no Psychological Limitations, nothing. You say he's missing background detail...I say this isn't a character, it's just some powers slapped onto a basic framework so it functions for combat.

Based on the lack of background and the character ignoring the character guidelines, I can only come to one conclusion. You're not looking to play in Starfall...you're just looking for a chance to use this combination of powers in a game. We're going to be telling a story...and while there will be combat, there will also be character development. I see no character here to develop. For that reason, I'm going to have to say no.

Not sure what happened when I posted and tried to use the spoiler tag so let's try again without that. Lemme know your feedback. I am still 20 pts short of disads. I did not know what hunteds or such might be appropriate.

DANCES WITH SPIRITS

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 0 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6;

14 DEX 12 12- OCV 5 DCV 5

15 CON 0 12-

10 BODY 0 11-

13 INT -2 12- PER Roll 12-/13-

13 EGO 0 12- ECV: 4

13 PRE 0 12- PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6

10 COM 0 11-

8 PD 3 Total: 8 PD (5 rPD)

3 ED 0 Total: 3 ED (3 rED)

6 REC 0

30 END 0

26 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 19

Movement: Running: 8" / 16"

Swimming: 2" / 4"

Leaping: 3" / 6"

Cost Powers END

Brainy Mutation

6 1) Increased Ego: +3 EGO

5 2) Higher Brain Functions: +5 INT

3 3) Self-Confidence: +3 PRE

Brawny Mutation

10 1) Improved Constitution: +5 CON

2 2) Tougher Hide: +2 PD

5 3) Increased Muscle Mass: +5 STR 1

19 Canine Nose: (Total: 19 Active Cost, 19 Real Cost) +1 PER with Smell/Taste Group (Real Cost: 2) plus +4 versus Range Modifier for Normal Smell (Real Cost: 2) plus Tracking with Normal Smell (Real Cost: 5) plus Discriminatory with Smell/Taste Group (Real Cost: 10) 0

4 Protective Hide: Damage Resistance (5 PD/3 ED) 0

6 Smell the Disease: Detect A Class Of Things 13-/14- (Smell/Taste Group), Analyze (11 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) 1

3 Effective Liver: Life Support (Immunity: Bad Water) 0

3 Mystic Bond: Mind Link , One Specific Mind, Psychic Bond (10 Active Points); Feedback STUN and BODY (-2), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4) 0

3 Low Light Vision: Nightvision (5 Active Points); Black and White Only (-1/4), Requires Some Light (-1/4) 0

4 Running on All Fours: Running +2" (8" total) 1

Talents

3 Lightsleep

5 Eidetic Memory

3 Bump Of Direction

15 Skill Master (+3 with all Skills based on INT)

Skills

2 Language: Trade Sign (fluent conversation)

1 Language: Ancient (basic conversation)

Ggaru Skills

0 1) Language: Ggaru (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

2 2) Survival (Temperate/Subtropical Forests, Temperate/Subtropical Plains) 12-

4 3) WF: Common Melee Weapons, Atatl, Javelins and Thrown Spears, Thrown Rocks

Nomad Package

3 1) Animal Handler 12-

2 2) Navigation (Land) 12-

3 3) Tracking 12-

3 4) Weaponsmith (Muscle-Powered HTH, Muscle-Powered Ranged) 12-

Shaman Skills

3 1) Forensic Medicine (Embalming) 12-

2 2) KS: Flora And Fauna 11-

2 3) KS: Herbalism And Healing-Lore 11-

3 4) Paramedics (Healing) 12-

Starfall Everyman Skills

0 1) AK: Fedrex 8-

0 2) Acting 8-

0 3) Climbing 8-

0 4) Concealment 8-

0 5) KS: Legends and Lore 11-

0 6) Language: Tradespeak (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

0 7) PS: Cartography 11-

0 8) Paramedics (Healing) 8-

0 9) Shadowing 8-

0 10) Stealth 8-

0 11) Survival (Mountain) 8-

0 12) TF: Wasteland Riding Animals

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 129

Total Cost: 148

75+ Disadvantages

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima

10 Distinctive Features: Beast (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Distinctive Features: Mutated Animal - Genetic Marker (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Large Group)

10 Physical Limitation: Semi Upright (Frequently; Slightly Impairing) Note: This character can walk on two legs, but must run on all fours. His pelvis is slightly elongated from the typical butterfly shaped human pelvis. Apes and monkeys are good examples of this Disadvantage. When running on all fours, this character may not hold any objects in his hands. All such objects must be holstered, stored, or otherwise put away.

5 Social Limitation: Outcast (Occasionally; Minor)

15 Psychological Limitation: Tries to Keep Secret Fact That he can Speak Tradespeak (Very Common; Moderate)

5 Psychological Limitation: Seeks to Find Out Fate of Parents (Uncommon; Moderate)

18 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 148

Background/History: From the time Dances was born, his parents knew he was different. His mother during died in childbirth due to his larger than normal size. Stargazer had claimed that Dances was destined for a life beyond the tribe.

childhood was eventful as his birth. During the winter of his fourth year, a famine drove a wedge in his pack. A disease had killed or made useless most of the Uff in their region. The famine was merely the final straw that brought forth the fear and hatred that had been brewing since his birth. He was always bigger than other pcakmates his age. Dances showed an increased learning curve as well. He was always able to pick up skills and tricks faster than others. He also had a secret that his parents kept and always told him to keep. Dances could not only understand Tradespeak, he could speak it as well. So when the famine happened, his family was cast out as misfits.

continued to wander in the plains. Dances found squatters that had captured a (insert rare bird species here) and were using it as a play thing. As if the squatting was not bad enough, they were abusing nature. Dances could not allow that so he attacked. It was a close battle and he suffered several battle scars as a result but in the end, he defeated the group and freed the bird. Even free, the bird continued to stay with Dances. That battle had somehow mystically linked the two. Dances felt as if the bird was the physical form of his spiritual guide.

fortune struck again when both his parents became ill with a disease. Dances knew they were sick before they did. He could smell the disease setting in. He thought he knew of some herbs that could cure them but those herbs was located near Great Var. It was a risky solution but one he felt he had to try. As he neared the city, he was beset by untold horrors and was struck down. His last memory was that of an angelic form over him as he passed into unconsciousness. When he awoke, he was in a church in Fedrex. Nobody knew how he had gotten there, he was just found on the doorstep one morning. Nearly a year had passed between the time he fell and when he awoke.

quickly left go back and find his parents fearing the disease had already taken them. He searched the area where they had last been but never found them or any signs of where they had gone. Saddened, he returned to Fedrex. He used his skills to help others in Fedrex. Now is the Cargo season, so he prepares to go find Cargo to earn his place in Fedrex.

Appearance: Patches is about 5'11" when he stands upright. His frame is larger and more stocky than that of nromal Ggaru.

Ok, I will run down some of the numbers BUT I am in a time crunch. I want to be more through BUT I want to give a starting point. A few points I see.

1. Just buy up your basic stats, no need to define them as a mutation. If you want to break the normal char max, then a power would be the way to go. I don't want to split hairs (its kinda anal on my part really :P), it just makes things easier to group for little ole me :rolleyes:

2. The true mutations I see are Protective Hide, Smell Disease and Mystic Bond. You also did not get the Ggaru "standard" mutation and put something its place (which is fine -- the Ggaru are a starting point not a destination for char design). Nothing really untoward here but resistant PD/ED seems a tad high for a hide. I also don't see your pet?

3. As a player you have to pay for everything outside the game Everyman Skills, so you have to buy the Ggaru skills and language if you want them. Also, you have some skills that seem weird. PS: Cartography? If you grew up in a tribal culture, PS would be more along the lines of hunter, tanner, etc. You also have weaponsmith, but there is no explination in the background. If you were being trained as a Weaponsmith in your tribe, then PS: Smith or some such seem to make more sense. You have AK: Fedrex, but what about the Waste Plains (where you grew up)? After all you just appeared in Fedrex. The default may be Fedrex, but considering your background you can change it.

4. Disads - You are trying to keep a secret you can talk, but from who? If you are trying to keep a secret from other Ggaru then its going to drop to Uncommon. If you want to keep the secret from everyone, then Very Common is fine. Also, you want to Find out the Fate of Parents, but its an uncommon,moderate. So if it comes up at all, the character can blow it off over a hot coffee with no ill effects.

I like the overall background but tightening it up in line with disads and skill set would be helpful.

Not being rude, just typing fast as I head out the door :)

My character idea is a Mut, Mutated Human, who grew up in Fedrex. His father, a one time hunter of the Cinders (mainly because he had Mutation Immunity: Fire/Heat) retired from Cargo hunting after his leg was amputated in a battle by a Soldier, with Cargo built up and after recovery, the character's father bought land inside Fedrex and began his business of making brick. Making brick for housing and construction proved his constant merit to Fedrex, of which a portion always goes to the city. The character's father became bitter and a drunk retelling stories of his exploits when younger and whole.

My character is one of a few children that he sired and was put to work. If there is a dirty job any where in Fedrex, if it needs to be scooped, scraped or sanded, my character was sent to work. And punishment was handed out in great heaps if the work did not come up to standards, and it never did. That work was, odd jobs and the like, happened in between harvest of left over straw and plant stalk collection and mixture with mud for brick. Constant punishment and a many hours of labor left little or no time for play or rest. In addition the father would make sure that his boys would learn how to shoot and fight so as to carry on his name in the defense of Redrex.

The mother explained that it was just a way to train the boys for the hardships ahead in life, but most still shook thier heads and wondered at other reasons .

Mutations:

Heightened precision (naked Adv on attacks)

Telepathy(Muts)/Telepathic Scribing (inscribing/reading Images/thoughts/data onto objects)

Electrical generation (Sticky EB)

Skills

Lots of home town AK

Menial PS and Everyman skills,

Lots of Oral tradition stories form father, specific tactical knowledge of Cinders

Weapons: What ever is best v Cinders(Spear?), rifle

Ok, here is my second draft. Not al language has been tweaked for the Wastelnd, most is for understanding concept.

The unifying concept for the mutations is at its core ergokenesis which manifests itself as mental current (Telpathy) the stored collection of memory as current in Akashic field and discharge of current in th e Electric generation.

I expect and welcome questions and input.

Ok, here is my second draft. Not al language has been tweaked for the Wastelnd, most is for understanding concept.

The unifying concept for the mutations is at its core ergokenesis which manifests itself as mental current (Telpathy) the stored collection of memory as current in Akashic field and discharge of current in th e Electric generation.

Okay, I have time for a quick review while my daughter gets ready for bed...

Background: A bit basic, but there are seeds that can be fleshed out. I'd like to hear more about his personality and motivations.

Characteristics: Fine, perhaps even a bit light. It seems that points which would have been put in stats are instead placed in powers, which I'll discuss below.

Skills: These look good on a first pass.

Powers: This is where we run into problems. I didn't want to give a specific limit on the number of real points in powers because it would restrict concepts, but this character has too many points in powers (62) for a starting character. For reference, the plant character who doesn't use equipment has 35 points of powers, plus another 10 points spend on raising STR above the characteristic maximum. There is also an issue with your use of what I like to call 'variable' powers. You didn't use Power Frameworks, but you did use advantages that mimic the flexibility of a power framework on two powers.

The first is a 3d6 EB with a +1/2 Variable Advantage (+1 advantage on the cost of the EB). I don't see the premise of your powers backing this up (by the rules, you could turn your EB into fire, radiation, or anything else (even magic, if it exists) by taking Variable Special Effects), and I won't be allowing Variable Advantage into the game because there are too many potentials for abuse (yes, even with the 30 AP limit).

Second, you took a naked advantage for Armor Piercing on any HKA or RKA you have access to, up to 30 Active Points. While it may be reasonable at the start of the game, when your STR and limited equipment access keep you to lower-level attacks, it gets problematic later. Get proficiency with a Lo Rifle, and suddenly you can fire a 2d6 AP RKA - a 9 DC attack. I'm also not sure how well the Akashic concept fits with the game world - that would require a discussion between myself and Zac.

Your telepathic powers are more reasonable, though there are still a few issues. Right now, there isn't a 'mutie' class of minds. Pures and Muts fall under the human class of mind, while Beasts are believed to be the Animal class of mind (though there hasn't been a lot of testing in this area). Weeds fall under the Plant class of minds, though again there isn't much testing in this area. It could be that some Beasts and Weeds ARE subject to being affected by Human-class mental powers.

Object Reading requires either Time Modifiers or the Vague and Unclear limitation - you took the former. I would warn you that there will be a LOT of time modifiers to read objects of the ancients, but I have no problems with this power on a first glance. It does open up some cool opportunities for me as a GM, where I can share bits of the world with the group through your use of this power.

Thought Scribe is interesting. I'll need to think about the potential ramifications, but I'm not opposed on a first read. However, I believe the mental imprints will fade over time - you can't create imprints that will last forever, though you could reinforce an existing imprint to renew the time before it fades.

Telepathy seems okay, with the caveat about the Human class of minds. I'm going to have to think about the "not in emotionally stressful / damaging environments" limitation. I see what you're going for, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to do it. Maybe Concentration?

My advice? Ditch the EB, as it doesn't really fit the rest of the character. Redefine the AP advantage as a mental sense of the weaknesses in an object (since you also have object reading), and limiit it to working on up to 20 AP of powers (effectively making a 1d6+1 killing attack into 1d6+1 AP killing, or 6 DC). I may require it be more specific than "any killing attack", but I'll discuss that with Zac first. You could eventually add an EGO Blast with experience, as a facet of your Telepathy. These changes make your mutations all fall under the heightened mind theme, while still giving you an attack power that works against things that have no minds. The changes should save you close to 20 points, which you could put into characteristics, skills, or even a Wasteland martial art.

Disadvantages: You're 5 points over on Psych Lims, though I appreciate having them flesh out the character. I'd drop the compulsion to kill Cinders to moderate for now. You can roleplay it as strong as you want, but I'd prefer not to force an EGO roll when failure means your character suicides into a Cinder nest. I'd also drop your Vulnerabilities to x1.5 instead of x2, or the first mentalist you come across will either drop you or turn your against the party with no chance of escape. I'd like to hear more about the rival, and if you're short on disads after the rewrite I have a few I can suggest to you. You're also missing a Distinctive Feature - the one you currently have should be called Distinctive Feature: Mut, and you should have a second one written like this - Distinctive Features: Mutated Human (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort), 5 points.

Summary: The character is a good first step, but I would like to see more background, and a second pass made to fix the issues listed above.

Right, have read the comments, editing in some suggestions, looking at others, prepared to counter argue some observations.

Fleshing out the background a little more.

The rivalry is ment for another player to accept or fill in, if no players wants to get in on that then I will change Rivalry out for something else.