Spider-Man design question

MrAgdesh

I'm currently trying to build everyone's favourite wall-crawler. I want to tie some DEX, Danger Sense, Combat Skill Levels, and some Levels w/DCV into a "Spider-Sense". What I want to simulate is that if the Spider-Sense is removed then a lot of what makes Spider-Man his own unique self is also gone; namely a good chunk of his agility, combat effectiveness, and fighting style.

What is the best way to go about this? At first it seems like an Elemental Control (although I realise that you aren't supposed to put things like CSLs and powers that do not cost END into ECs.) Or is it just something like a limitation: 'Not if Danger Sense is Suppressed or Drained', applied to the DEX and skills?

Re: Spider-Man design question

I'd probably put the Limitation "Linked" on those combat levels and what ever amount of Dex you set. I've done this for a character I built called DangerMan who had fabulous combat skills, but only when he was in direct danger. Otherwise he was a cream puff. Linked is not a big point saver, but it does simulate what you want, I think.

Broadsword -|--->

You know, I think Linked covers it perfectly. I had initially dismissed it because I thought that the CSLs etc, should work without the need of a Danger Sense roll. However, if Danger Sense is bought to function as a Sense (i.e., its effectively always on) I think this works.

You know' date=' I think Linked covers it perfectly. I had initially dismissed it because I thought that the CSLs etc, should work without the need of a Danger Sense roll. However, if Danger Sense is bought to function as a Sense (i.e., its effectively always on) I think this works.[/quote']

Just to clarify, if you Link another ability to Danger Sense it does not mean that the other ability doesn't work if the Danger Sense roll fails.

That would actually be a custom Requires a PER Roll Limitation (and another valid option for recreating some of Spidey's abilities).

true, but as a GM I would have a hard time wrapping my limited intelegence around what linked to Danger Sense would mean if the DS failed and you could still use it.

In essence I consider Danger Sense to have RSR as part of it and would not allow a linked power to work with a power that had RSR and you failed the roll, so I would not allow it with a power linked to Danger Sense, I know this is probably using a strong dose of I AM THE GM Juice, but still, that is how I would rule it

Just to clarify, if you Link another ability to Danger Sense it does not mean that the other ability doesn't work if the Danger Sense roll fails.

That would actually be a custom Requires a PER Roll Limitation (and another valid option for recreating some of Spidey's abilities).

Yes, thanks for the input. That was how I was reading it. Just failing the DS roll wouldn't stop the Linked powers as DS is still 'working' its just that you haven't managed to perceive anything with it.

I do see JmOz point though as this is (sort of) what deterred me from using Linked originally. Was the Danger Sense actually being used constantly in order to justify the Linked powers? So I took this version of Linked at -1/4 because the DS is 'Constant or otherwise likely to be in use all or most of the time' regardless of its success roll. I'm happy with that as the effect seems to give me what I want and the cost saving is about right.

What you could do 6th ed wise. Is but Spidey's danger-sense as an actual "targeting sense " and then buy the DEX, the DCV levels etc etc as part of a unified power. That way if he ever got into a situation where his danger sense didn't work, niether would his other abilities.