Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattingly

GenCon 2010

Re: GenCon 2010

Heh, I'll have to add the Kazei 5 to my list of "Buy a couple of things in the Hall for once". So long as there are no Anime Cat Girl cosplayers hanging around the booth it should be safe to approach.

~Rex

I'll send the Triple Puma Threat out for lunch when you come by.

The Rifle would interest me but the Cat Girl Cosplayer is still the single most terrifying entity at a convention.

~Rex

In all seriousness, I can't recall too many of those at GenCon.

I have submitted my events. Besides my usual Sunday church service and Christianity panel, I've added a Toastmasters meeting.

For my games, I'll be running my traditional Bring Your Own Brick game, and (inspired by Susano's write-up of the Mount Rushmore golem), a new one:

Monumental Battle: Giant statues come to life to duke it out. Watch the Statue of Liberty pound the Easter Island head with her torch. Gasp as Mount Rushmore tramples the Sphinx. The very Earth is your battlefield!

I have submitted my events. Besides my usual Sunday church service and Christianity panel, I've added a Toastmasters meeting.

For my games, I'll be running my traditional Bring Your Own Brick game, and (inspired by Susano's write-up of the Mount Rushmore golem), a new one:

Monumental Battle: Giant statues come to life to duke it out. Watch the Statue of Liberty pound the Easter Island head with her torch. Gasp as Mount Rushmore tramples the Sphinx. The very Earth is your battlefield!

Oooohh...

Oh, and there are rumors of a Kazei 5 demo to be run by a friend of mine.

Registration? Check.

Housing? Check.

Transportation? Check.

Reunion with old friends? Check.

(And most importantly) Wife's blessing? Check!

Yup. I'll be there. Looking forward to it. (And, Dave, looking forward to the giant statues game!)

Registration? Check.

Housing? Check.

Transportation? Check.

Reunion with old friends? Check.

(And most importantly) Wife's blessing? Check!

Yup. I'll be there. Looking forward to it. (And, Dave, looking forward to the giant statues game!)

I've registered, have a place to stay, and will be driving in. So I'm good to go!

First Round of Drinks is on Me at Claddagh, or The Slippery Noodle if there are more Blues liking folks like me out there heh.

~Rex

First Round of Drinks is on Me at Claddagh, or The Slippery Noodle if there are more Blues liking folks like me out there heh.

~Rex

When are you getting in? And come late July, we'll need to swap cell #s so I can hold you to that.

I usually get in Wednesday afternoon/evening, toss everything in the Hotel room, then go hit up Claddagh (As they bent over backwards for us last year), or The Slippery Noodle (which I hit up for entertainment a few times a year anyway). Even made sure my super cheap and well protected parking garage is still available.

~Rex

I usually get in Wednesday afternoon/evening, toss everything in the Hotel room, then go hit up Claddagh (As they bent over backwards for us last year), or The Slippery Noodle (which I hit up for entertainment a few times a year anyway). Even made sure my super cheap and well protected parking garage is still available.

~Rex

I'll be getting in Wednesday afternoon, but since I'm with Dave Mattlingly, I won't be going far -- our room will be the pre-Con Hero Party .

No entertainment is Far in Indy. :D Everything is a 3 block walk from the convention center tops heh. I just like my parking garage because I can park there for the entire duration of the Con for roughly (it's a smidge more if a game is in town) what 1 day of hotel parking costs me.

~Rex

I'll actually be attending this year. 5 or 6 of us will be driving over from Wisconsin. Maybe you guys can help me convert our group to the Hero way!

Bring'em to the pre-con Hero party Wednesday night! It'll be in Dave Mattingly's and my room.