A thought about ARGENT

Lord Liaden

The "Best Champions Product" thread had reminded me of the first edition of the VIPER sourcebook, to me one of the best developed and most useful of the 4E books; but of course with the new VIPER a great deal of that book is no longer germain. Then it occurred to me that much of how the old VIPER was structured would serve as a good model for using ARGENT in a Champions Universe campaign: the corporation-like divisions, the Advisory Council resembling a board of directors, the selling of local franchises and advanced technology to criminals, the emphasis on cutting-edge research and development. Even the ultimate leadership of the old VIPER would be very appropriate to a corporate-inspired, high-tech based crime cartel.

The franchises would be less like terrorist cells, and more vendors of ARGENT tech to other criminal and terrorist groups, receiving a commission on each sale. The franchises could also be laboratories using ARGENT resources to research new technology, turning over the fruits of their research to ARGENT in exchange for a percentage of the profits.

Just thought I'd throw that at the wall and see if it sticks. :) Any other thoughts?