The Non Sequitor Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Non Sequitor Thread

Let's see. You left out two critical pieces of data, the empty cart mass and the empty hanger mass. You didn't say how you put masses in the system. Those three omissions make it completely impossible to assess whether you did anything in the lab correctly (and I'm not betting on your competence, shall we say). You didn't say how you got the accelerations you have tabulated. You did average those acceleration values correctly, but you didn't compute the RMS uncertainty of them right, and I can't figure out what you did to get the numbers you list for that. You plotted the wrong two quantities against each other, and it looks like you botched the calculation of the number you say you used for the y-values anyway. You made no comparison of measurement and theory prediction. You seem to have got the date of the lab and the name of your lab partner correct. Woo, that last one must have stretched your abilities.

Re: The Non Sequitor Thread

I find the label "The most epic song ever!" cannot be applied by anyone under the age of at least 45 without me starting to giggle audibly. Listening to some video with the sound coming through the miserable little laptop speaker, I made the comment, "That's pretty good. Sounds like something Black Sabbath did back in 1970."