BoneDaddy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What does a Time Elemental do?

Age things to dust

Revert heroes to a juvenile state.

surrounded by an Slow Time Field (AOE Drain SPD)

Good stuff. Also:

Teleportation by moving outside the standard time frame.

Place targets into temporal stasis. Entangle with really high dice or a Major Transformation, again with a big dice pool, to temporally frozen object. I personally like Transform more.

Most frighteningly, it has to have SPD 12 by default. You could go with slightly lower based on the PCs, but it really should be able to move whenever it wants to.

Missile Deflection/Reflection based on bullet time or aging missiles to dust. Imagine bullet time with a laser. Didn't an early episode of Star Trek: Enterprise do that? I seem to remember that before I stopped watching the show.

How about this one, negative and positive skill and combat levels based on altering the target's relative time frame. Think of it as moving the character up or down the time chart unwillingly.

My arch-villain is The Chronomancer, a diabolical sorcerer with time control powers. He's going to send a time elemental after our heroes to retrieve the Maguffin, which they intelligently took with them.

So. What's a Tempormental do?

Creative, unpredictable things.

But hard to control due to their artistic temporment.

Lucius Alexander

A lot like a palindromedary, actually

My arch-villain is The Chronomancer, a diabolical sorcerer with time control powers. He's going to send a time elemental after our heroes to retrieve the Maguffin, which they intelligently took with them.

So. What's a Tempormental do?

What do you want them to do?

Age things to dust

Revert heroes to a juvenile state.

surrounded by an Slow Time Field (AOE Drain SPD)

Good start. I would include danger sense (SX: limited precog), combat teleport (SX: moves faster than the eye can see), and possibly desolidification (SX: out of phase with our timespace unless attacking).

For whatever reason I'm reminded of one of the paradox spirits from Mage: The Ascension named Mr. Wrinkle. When a mage did something truly offending to reality, namely around bending time, and the GM wanted to really screw with the players, this old man in a very wrinkled suit showed up. This may or may not have involved removing them from everything altogether and having a cup of tea with them but ultimately Wrinkle gives them a choice, undo whatever it was they did or be completely removed from the time stream. Bloop, sorry you were never conceived. Don't ask how this more drastic change in the time stream is somehow better than whatever the mage may have done, I think this meant that there had t obe a grand scale to the offending act. However, Wrinkle seemed more often used as the GM reset button on player actions.

Usually elementals are pretty mono-faceted, so I would avoid anything subtle. If you start thinking about all the little time-tricks possible, your time elemental will quickly outclass other types of elementals and they'll get jealous.

I would give your elemental a movement power that makes the other players look like they are standing still, position shift, no turn mode, half-move greater than almost all of their full-moves, all the bells and whistles. An insane DCV. And some harrying powers like the END Drain Haven't Slept for a Week or an NND Arrhythmia or Cold, Hungry and Alone. I would essentially make a speedster with minimal ability to do damage but very difficult to stop.

Usually elementals are pretty mono-faceted' date=' so I would avoid anything subtle. If you start thinking about all the little time-tricks possible, your time elemental will quickly outclass other types of elementals and they'll get jealous.[/quote']

Yeah, those elementals are a petty lot.

Question: Elementals usually have opposites. So what would be the opposite of a time elemental?

A space elemental. Which would not be an elemental who lives in outer space but rather a being with the power to distort distances and physical dimensions.

Question: Elementals usually have opposites. So what would be the opposite of a time elemental?

A space elemental. Which would not be an elemental who lives in outer space but rather a being with the power to distort distances and physical dimensions.

I was thinking a stasis elemental, but space works, probably better.