"Alternate" Ideas for Freemasons?

Badger

Re: "Alternate" Ideas for Freemasons?

I have a vigilante group in my game called Protectors of Humanity who are do-gooders but are just ordinary people sort of like a (global) neighborhood watch. I also have a global domination organisation which the heroes sometimes have to work with to accomplish their goals but every time this group helps the heroes it is solely for the group's benefit...

Well, some of history's known Freemasons include

Lots of American presidents, from Washington and Jefferson to both Roosevelts

Some Founding Fathers, like Benjamin Franklin, and John Hancock

Heroes like Audie Murphy and Paul Revere

Explorers, from the famoous Captains Lewis and Clark to astronauts like John Glenn and Virgil Grissom

Leaders around the world, like Garibaldi, Bolivar, and Churchill

Writers like Mark Twain and Goethe, and more musicians and artists and composers than I'd care to list.

Stage magicians like Houdini, and occultists like Crowley

Thurgood Marshall...but also Strom Thurmond

And of course, J. Edgar Hoover and Trent Lott

So while there are some Masonic bad guys I think there are a lot of good guys (I'll leave it up to you how to categorize any of the examples I mentioned)

I happen to know of at least one lodge that went bad as a group and became a criminal conspiracy (low level fraud, nothing dramatic) and there are surely others.

But on the other hand - not all Masons are Shriners, but all Shriners are Masons.

And if you don't know about shriner's hospitals, you should learn:

http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/

Yeah, I'd say those are good guys.

Lucius Alexander

Even if they won't admit a palindromedary

Actually Jefferson wasn't. You should check out the link Tom posted back in post #6. It's interesting how many people are assumed to be Masons who aren't.

Actually Jefferson wasn't. You should check out the link Tom posted back in post #6. It's interesting how many people are assumed to be Masons who aren't.

Thanks for directing me back to that link. It's interesting.

What they had to say about Jefferson specifically is that for a long time even Masons assumed he was a Mason, until they figured out that the "Thomas Jeffersons" in lodge records must be one or more other persons, as the famous Jefferson was in various other places when his namesake(s) were at this or that lodge.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary argues that the only differences between Masons and non-masons are differences of degree anyway.

I'd give you Obscure Masonic Reference rep' date=' but I've gotta spread it before I can get you.[/quote']

We're a mutual admiration society. I recently tried to reputize you too and failed for the same reason.

I have to say, though - you consider that obscure? Now THIS is (although not at all Masonic) obscure!

If you want hard-core nutcase gibberish that can be turned into conspiratorial stories' date=' I stumbled across this a long time ago and still haven't recovered all my SAN points yet.

Obscure yes, but hardly SAN blasting. Not to me anyway.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders if it's worth buying a SAN blaster

It's not as if the Freemasons don't have plenty of people to oppose ! The trilateral Commission' date=' The Club Of Rome, The Roman catholic Church, other secret societies like the Illuminati " etc[/quote']

I use several of these plus a splinter group of Freemasons lead by the Immortal St. Germain.