Anyone running any online games?

Ragnarok

Re: Anyone running any online games?

I have news. It isn't necessarily good, though. My step-daughter's summer basketball league has games on Thursdays starting tomorrow night. She may play all four if she gets to dress on the sophomore team as well as freshman. That means her first game is at 5pm and last one at 8pm. That is in the central time zone. There will be four consequitive weeks of this.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being as we are now officially in an urban setting, it is easier to have Rotman "warm the benches". I have a story related reason for him to be out of it.

Update:

I normally post campaign file for MapTool updates elsewhere, but a couple of things came up today that are directly relevant to our specific game.

1. I found an error in the DC for the firearms. I posted a slightly increased DC (6 instead of 5). Changed and corrected.
  2. Found an error in the Draw Weapon code that made firearms cost END. Fixed.
  3. Added calculation for Barrel Fouling for rifles, as written earlier in this thread. Tested and works. If you are using a Rifle (not pistol or musket) and the first line reads "Rifle Barrel is fouled.", then ignore the rest of the results. The macro also sets a flag to make sure every shot after that reads Fouled as well.
  4. And to make things work again, I added a "Clean Rifle" macro that resets that flag to 0. Preliminary tests give between 3-6 shots before the barrel becomes fouled and not usable until cleaned. I'm considering increasing the base activation roll to 18, which would make the first shot automatic.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting game I think. I have a couple of ideas for potential plots/adventures. I also plan on creating a few generic NPCs of various levels in case I have to wing it. The only thing I do not have is a city map yet. That's sort of disappointing because I usually love the cartography aspect of gaming and haven't been able to get into it. Still, we should have some measure of fun without the map. At least until I can get it done soon.

See ya all tomorrow.

In concept, I based in on the concept around Ablative. I suppose Burn Out or Jammed would be more appropriate come to think of it. Mostly, I wanted to both simulate real world rifles of that period and make rifles somewhat less attractive so that muskets would be more than just relics.