I love me some xenomorphs!

LordQulex

Re: I love me some xenomorphs!

Not eggs. A facehugger or two. They could have crawled onto her when she was checking the damage. It's not really a stretch.

Edit: Wait, did they show an egg in opening of Alien3? Memory fails me.

I think they did, which is what annoyed me. When did the Queen have time to lay any eggs? And how/where did she lay them? And what made them open? No one was moving to trigger the opening reaction.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they did' date=' which is what annoyed me. When did the Queen have time to lay any eggs? And how/where did she lay them? [u']And[/u] what made them open? No one was moving to trigger the opening reaction.

She was in the midst of laying eggs when Ripley arrived, so it's conceivable one could have still been in the oven and she laid it before attacking Bishop. The idea that it was thoroughly hidden, though, is a stretch. More likely it would have left an epic slime trail.

Probably best to retcon out that shot of the egg and say it was a facehugger along for the ride. That one is feasible.

I'm a heretic in that i actually like the 2nd one better.

I think most people like them equally well. Alien is an excellent horror movie, while Aliens shift things into a war film setting.

I think most people like them equally well. Alien is an excellent horror movie' date=' while [i']Aliens[/i] shift things into a war film setting.

I had hoped that the franchise would continue to spread across genres. Horror and war could have been followed by drama, mystery, martial arts, rom com...

I had hoped that the franchise would continue to spread across genres. Horror and war could have been followed by drama' date=' mystery, martial arts, rom com...[/quote']

Well, Weaver did say she wanted a love scene with an Alien.

So it's not that the aliens are good at basketball. Ripley's just that good. Well that makes a little more sense. ;)
Now I have this image of teams of Xenomorphs running around wearing basketball jerseys. Imagine Xenomorph "gorilla"* ball.

*Not sure if it is a local term, but we used to call anything that resembled a cross between ice hockey and basketball "gorilla" ball.

Now I have this image of teams of Xenomorphs running around wearing basketball jerseys. Imagine Xenomorph "gorilla"* ball.

*Not sure if it is a local term, but we used to call anything that resembled a cross between ice hockey and basketball "gorilla" ball.

In the Kingdom of Atlantia (SCA) we called that "Cambok."

We called the basketball in water that, since it was more rules light.

I love the second movie. I think the level of detail that made the movie awesome. The colonial marine weapons, armor, and vehicles were definitely believable and made sense. The way that the aliens moved set them apart from all the horror movies that had a guy dressed in a bulky monster suit (many of those suits looked horrifying but when the actor moved around in the full body scenes it not only looked fake but felt fake.) Of course now adays you can just use really good CGI but back then CGI was not even in it's infancy. They filmed Aliens with like 4 Alien drone suits and essentially puppets.

Aliens 3...bleh.. they should had stayed on LV and watched the nuclear sunrise... it would have saved more lives, what a waste. It also irritates me that Ripley was needed in any of the films past the first and maybe the second. I had the feeling that they made Alien 3 just to lay that charcter to rest. A new cast with a well written script and fresh characters would not have gone amiss.

Aliens 4 more bleh. The reason they use humans as hosts for the Alien seems to support the Alien taking characteristics of the host..i.e. they wanted a somewhat smart Alien so that they could training it rather than using a lesser animal as host, maybe they should have used dogs instead to breed loyalty and protectiveness. XENODACHSHUND!!!!!! I never got why the Ripley Clone was part Alien...of course I watched this movie once so i am going off of memory.

AVP gets 2 thumbs up

AVP Requiem: boo hiss... many different things really bug me in this movie. Alien blood melting off the hunter's arm, the Alien Predator Hybrid,...etc.. Also some disturbing scenes such as with the maternity ward......yes...they went there and crossed the line.

On the origin of the Xeno's: I am of the opinion that they could have evolved naturally. There does not seem to be much evidence either way really and both theories are possible. Previous post have mentioned Biomechanical aspect but i think that was in Giger's concept art not in the depiction of the creatures in the film.

Doubt it, The comics alone have shown that Ripley, is more of a detriment to the franchise then the face of the franchise. Quite Frankly, most Alien fans, have been tired of her since the end of the second movie. She should have been Martyred, and moved past.

~Rex

She was supposed to be a cameo at best in the original script......It was supposed to focus around Newt and Hicks again but....some actress got a touch miffed, and we got the decline of the Franchise movie.....

~Rex