I love me some xenomorphs!

LordQulex

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: I love me some xenomorphs!

Xenomorph Ewoks! Twice as satisfying for Badger to kill. :eg:

Actually, that puts me in mind of the "Predator vs. Jedi" thread elsewhere on this forum. Do you suppose if a xenomorph implanted a Jedi, the resulting spawn would inherit their connection to the Force? If there was ever a lifeform on the express lane to the Dark Side, this would be it.

Ewoks? EWOKS!!! EWOKS!!!!! EEEWOKS!!!!!

*runs off to kill a village*

Ok, I'm back. Course, if you put the xenomorph into the Star Wars universe. THey could be some creation of Sith alchemy from the Expanded universe stories.

But, a xenomorph with rudimentary abilities in the FOrce could be interesting. The could possibly "sense" an attack on the hive for example before it comes.

Actually, that puts me in mind of the "Predator vs. Jedi" thread elsewhere on this forum. Do you suppose if a xenomorph implanted a Jedi, the resulting spawn would inherit their connection to the Force? If there was ever a lifeform on the express lane to the Dark Side, this would be it.

I'd actually expect it, since I don't see a way for the Xenojedi to not have a high midichlorian allotment.

There are lots of other interesting xenomorph victims in that universe. Clones. Wookiees. Everything in Jabba's lair. The giant moon-worm from Empire...

I'd actually expect it, since I don't see a way for the Xenojedi to not have a high midichlorian allotment.

There are lots of other interesting xenomorph victims in that universe. Clones. Wookiees. Everything in Jabba's lair. The giant moon-worm from Empire...

The worm thing is a Space Slug, if I recall correctly.

I dreamt of xenomorphs last night. We had set up a good defensive position, but we weren't counting on the ten-story-tall ones with the energy breath weapon. The first blast nearly knocked over the high rise building we'd barricaded ourselves into. Then I woke up.

Just picked up the Aliens vs Predator game that was recently released. I loved the earlier entries in this series and this one was no slouch either. I was shocked at the low rating to be honest. It was a really fun game. As before, my favorite character type was the marine. A very well realized adaptation of the sense of claustrophobic tension that the movies bring. I like that the publishers gave the marine a fighting chance. I understand that was one of the common complaints. Whatever. The Predator campaign was also fun. The mega gory trophy collection scenes were great. Of the three, I liked the xenomorph gameplay the least. The story was just as good as the others. Better in some ways. Made me laugh a couple of times as the player really gets the idea of what is going to happen to let loose the xenomorph infestation.

I'm not going into a spoilerific review. I'll just say that my only real complaint about the game is it could have had about 90 minutes more gameplay time. It hit every note so well, that I am not going to hedge at all. Five trophy kills out of five. If you love Aliens, Predators or even just first person shooters, this is one of the most fun I've played.

PC, XBOX 360, and PS3. I played the PC version.

It does have checkpoint saves, but I found that on Easy difficulty it is just enough to be a challenge without requiring too many checkpoint loads. I'm going to play through it on Normal difficulty next time. See how many times I have to reload.

I'd forgotten until Aliens was on TV the other day that "xenomorph" was actually just some cheesy generic bureaucrat-speak for "alien."

Hey, I don't care about that, all I need to know is where they are.