? 5E VPP Active Cost

Oathsworn

Hi Folks

Playing a mystic in a supers villan game, with an Active Cost limit of 60pts. Looked at the guidelines for Power Frameworks; EC, MP and VPP; found EC and MP, tell me and give me examples of the Active Cost. For example EC, Pool 30pts + 30pts slot = 60 Active Points. Now the examples for VPP, tells me that the Pool costs 1pt per pt and that the cost of the Control Pool is 1pt per 2pts in the Pool and that the Active Point Limit for the VPP slot is equal to the Pool and that all the VPP slots added together can't have an Active cost greater than the Pool.

I know that i'm probably just being stupid and that the answer to my question will be that the Active Limit of a VPP, is the Pool + Control Pool cost. However the more I looked at it the more it seemed that the Pool cost, is the Active Limit. I just know that its not going to be that good to me!

TIA.

Re: ? 5E VPP Active Cost

People tend to define "AP" in different fashions for frameworks. Some consider the AP of the powers in the framework (so a Multipower of 5 60 AP powers, or a VPP allowing 60 AP powers would fit within the requirements of a "60 AP maximum" game). Others factor in the slot cost/control cost to the AP limit, meaning more flexibility leads to less raw power.

Re: ? 5E VPP Active Cost

The phrasing of how a VPP is built led me to write it down as if it were two separate entities, the non-advantage/non-limitable Pool, and the Control which could have those. Makes it clear and simple to me, and answers the original question easily - the AP limit is equal to the Pool. I was actually surprised to see people doing it as a single entity.