Champions Powers: Missing Chapter?

Slowloader

According to the news on Feb 5, the Champions Powers book was to contain not only a writeup of standard superpowers, but also writeups of all the Champions Online superpowers. However, when I purchased the Champions Powers pdf, there was no such chapter. Was this intentional? And if so, why was there no announcement that the book contents had changed?

"

...My focus this week has been on writing Champions Powers. By the time you read this, or not too soon thereafter, I’ll finally be done with checking over, and where necessary revising, the thousands of superpowers in Chapter One, and will have proceeded on to Chapter Two, where I create write-ups of all the Champions Online superpowers. Lots of work still, but I’m nearing the end... I think. ;)

"

Re: Champions Powers: Missing Chapter?

Champions Powers: What makes a superhero super is his powers — whether that’s the ability to fly, to shoot energy beams at his foes, or to walk through walls. To help you create your character and inspire your own ideas for super-abilities, Champions Powers provides hundreds of pre-built superpowers suitable for any Champions character! Just pick the powers you want and you’ll have a character ready to play in no time.

Note: although we'd previously planned to include HERO System versions of all the powers from Champions Online in this book, I've had to scrap that plan to keep the book from ballooning up to unmanageable size. We'll publish those powers in another book or as a PDF or the like at some point.

Bold mine. Posted in This Thread in the Company Forums section.

It was announced that it was being removed.

Re: Champions Powers: Missing Chapter?

Although I have to say that the Champions Powers book has a large dose of Complete in it. Not the full RDA of Complete but there is a LOT of stuff in there.

You might not be able to yank the stuff right out of the book to create your CO character, but you can probably get most of the way there. I know that looking through the book has triggered a character concept or two in my head.