Characters from the Max Max Trilogy of films

Susano

Re: Characters from the Max Max Trilogy of films

Trust me, sir, people notice the work you do. And appreciate it.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedaries notice too

Thanks.

Say, did you look at the Fu Schticks?

Which? Mad Max or Mad Max 2? 'cause the second film is one of the best pure-action flics ever... and remember while watching it... this was all done at speed. No CGI' date=' no miniatures, all done with real cars and real people.[/quote']

Well... if by 'at speed' you mean 20 MPH and in some cases speeding up the footage. But, yeah, there is no way that film would ever get made that way today; the insurance companies would never allow it.

Well... if by 'at speed' you mean 20 MPH and in some cases speeding up the footage. But' date=' yeah, there is no way that film would ever get made that way today; the insurance companies would never allow it.[/quote']

I do know that two of the stunts sent drivers to the hospital. That doesn't happen at 20 mph.

Thanks.

Say, did you look at the Fu Schticks?

Yes. Makes me want to see (maybe make) something similar for more conventional fantasy ("feats" I suppose)

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary has four feats

Yes. Makes me want to see (maybe make) something similar for more conventional fantasy ("feats" I suppose)

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary has four feats

I think they'd be easy enough to alter.

I think they'd be easy enough to alter.

It looked like most were too powerful and over-the-top for what I'd consider standard heroic fantasy.

But they're nice flavorful examples of what's possible to build with Hero System.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wants to join the Order of the Schtick

It looked like most were too powerful and over-the-top for what I'd consider standard heroic fantasy.

But they're nice flavorful examples of what's possible to build with Hero System.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wants to join the Order of the Schtick

While many of them are too powerful for heroic fantasy, they make great Celtic/Tuala Morn feats.

I do know that two of the stunts sent drivers to the hospital. That doesn't happen at 20 mph.

I know a guy who spent three weeks in the ICU after stepping out of a golf cart. That said, many stunts were filmed at speed, but many--especially the ones involving people climbing around on the vehicles--were not, and you can tell just by looking. Don't get me wrong, Mad Max 2 still stands as one of the best vehicle-stunt movies ever made, it's just that they weren't stupid about it.