Ben 10: Ultimate Alien

Bloodstone

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ben 10: Ultimate Alien

Wikipedia can be a great resource, depending on what day you read it on. Lots of bad info on there as a result of little kids trying to impress their friends.

For example, per Wikipedia, Episode 7 of Ultimate Alien:

Andreas’ Fault

The gang meets an alien called Andreas who brings them to an overpowering planet, when they learn that he is too useless to fight.

While that is a confirmed Episode title, the synopses seems dubious at best...

First draft of Waterhazard is up. It's based on what we have seen Bivalvan do in Fame and Escape From Aggregor, plus my standard Genoarchtype prefab.

He seemed pretty good at hitting two targets with separate blasts from each hand, so he might get a skill or ability to reflect that.

So if Aggregor's an Osmosian, and Kevin's dad (Devin Levin) was an Osmosian, why do they look so different?

Do they look like caucasian humans by default, and Aggregor's a mutant? Or exposed to some event that changed him? Or is Keven's dad the mutant? In the flashback Max warned him of overusing his powers; if an Osmosian overexerts themselves, do they mutate into the diabolic form Aggregor has? (Could Aggregor be Kevin's dad, surviving the fight with Ragnarok but mutating in the process, and now he's out to amass enough power to take out the Plumbers who left him to die?)

Osmosians live for a long time. The antlers grow in with age. Kevin's dad, despite looking like a mature human, was too young to have his yet.

That said, I'm not sure what's up with the skin color. Could be mutated, could be something that changes with time or it could simply be a different pigment due to race.

(Could Aggregor be Kevin's dad, surviving the fight with Ragnarok but mutating in the process, and now he's out to amass enough power to take out the Plumbers who left him to die?)

Well, he does impersonate a Plumber pretty well...

Terraspin is up, based on what we saw Galapagus do in Escape From Aggregor, plus the prefab.

Despite the fact he looked like a member of a fairly bulky and tough species, I lowballed his CON and defenses. He seemed to be easily Stunned. Of course, Galapagus was not an experienced hero, so that may well change once we have examples of Ben using the form ;)

He moved around ok on the ground, but didn't seem to be a fast runner. So I left him with normal huamn levels of running (making him slower than Ben on foot). However, he seemed able to dodge well enough so I left his CV and DEX at Ben's level.

I gave him the Large Complication, but Inconvinent Size my be more appropriate. His size is hard to judge. In some shots he looks to be about 10 feet tall and almost half as wide. In others he's maybe 7 feet tall, tops.

I went back and read the relevant quotes about Osmosians and I think I may have mixed things up a bit :o

While Osmosians do live a long time and while the horns/antlers grow in with age, Kevin's dad apparently already had his. You just couldn't see them because of the way he wore his hair. Same goes for Kevin it seems...

Keep it up' date=' love to see your stuff[/quote']

Thanks :) At the moment, P'andor/ NRG is giving me a fair amount of trouble.

Allegedly, he constantly emits deadly levels of radiation. Just the small hole in his suit is enough to set of the Plumber Badges and the Geiger Counter, the latter thought a thick stone wall. I would th8ink it would be much, much worse once he's completely free. But we see no evidence of ill effects from this radiation in any of the people he's around, so it's hard to know just how dangerous to make this effect.

His energy blasts are also incredibly powerful. After absorbing a Neuroshock blast, he was able to Stun Jetray with a single hit. A short while later, Waterhazard was really knocked for a loop too. So either Jetray powered him up for a decent amount of time or Gwen's much, much tougher than I give her credit for...I suppose it's also possible she didn't take the full brunt of that one blast, but still...

Based on the dialogue it seems that, once released, P'andor is supposed to be constantly intangible. His "hands" pass through the metal of the power lines and the turbines. Jetray flys right through him. The gang acts like they need special tactics to even touch him. But he's obviously able to physically interact with many objects in the course of the episode: water in various states, the stone/concrete walls and floor, the metal of his containment suit, the carbon rods Kevin's absorbs, various metal parts of the reactor core and Gwen's Mana Barriers. Arguably, Ultimate Cannonbolt as well...

So, either he's always Intangible, has a couple of Affects Physical World abilities and is affected by an abnormally wide range of attacks... or perhaps his Intangibility just has IPE and no one can tell when he's actually solid until they try to hit him.

I'm also still waffling on how best to represent his stats both in the containment suit and out. I may go with two separate Multiforms or I may go with mechanics built around Lockout and/or Linked. Of course, he also probably has some degree of Absortption based Growth considering how big he got once he ate the reactor core. I estimate he's around 8' normally and he looked to be at least twice that size afterward (and obviously much bulkier).

Then again, all that jazz may end up all being for nothing. I'm not sure how frequently Ben will end up leaving the containment suit, considering the alleged deadly levels of radiation...

Andreas should (in theory) be a bit more straightforward, though I'm still working on a "Counter Vibrations" power construct for absorbing megascale explosions (I've got a few ideas, just gotta figure out which one I like best).

• 7 months later...

Season 3 started last night. :)

While I totally called that she was a machine (I thought she was going to say "Unit"), I didn't see the Unitrix angle coming at all. And even once they revealed what she was, I still assumed they ware introducing Azmuth's new model, not a sentient prototype! The animal powers make sense in context, but moving the rocks with telekinesis seed a bit more random. Maybe she'll end up as some robotic space druid.

Man, it's going to be strange if Ben ever puts her in the watch. Also, cue extra creepy fan fiction in 3, 2, 1... y

Last few episodes have really done some good setup for future stories and I hope they will keep it up. Looking forward to the reappearance of Dr Viktor soon, but really hoping the rename BenViktor if he makes an appearance.

Man, so much catching up to do with posting writeups...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, it's obviously been a while since I posted on this thread. I've still been working on the project in my spare time. That times just been a bit more spare than it used to be... but I figured I should get back to posting since the new "season" starts next Friday (9/16) :)

I've had ChamAlien (aka Overkill) mostly done for since July. He's got some skills and abilities Ben has displayed in more recent episodes that aren't on previous alien form write ups, so at some point I need to go back and edit everything to bring them all up to date :(

When I do so, I'm probably going to change my posting style, so that updates that affect all forms are kept in an entirely separate section. I use prefabs to do this in HD already anyhow. It'll make updates easier, that's for sure, but most aliens won't have Ben's skills, martial maneuvers, perks, talents or Omnitrix/Ultimatrix powers listed on their sheets anymore (though they are assumed to have this abilities).

Skills and talents that are unique to the alien forms will be moved to the Powers Section going forward, as you can see with ChamAlien's Double Jointed talent.

As always, feedback is welcome

ChamAlien

[b]Val	Char	Cost	Roll	Notes[/b]
40	STR	30	17-	Lift 6400.0kg; 8d6 HTH damage [4]
28	DEX	36	15-	OCV: 10/DCV: 12
20	CON	10	13-
15	BODY	5	
13	INT	3	12-	PER Roll 12-
15	EGO	5	12-	ECV: 3 - 5
25	PRE	15	14-	PRE Attack: 5d6

15	PD	13	Total: 15/23 PD (0/8 rPD)
15	ED	13	Total: 15/23 ED (0/8 rED)
6	SPD	40	Phases:  2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12
12	REC	8
50	END	6
40	STUN	10	

[b]Total Characteristics Cost:[/b] 280

[b]Movement:[/b]	
RUN: 18m/36m
SWIM: 4m/8m
LEAP: 8m forward, 4m upward

[b]Cost	Powers	END[/b]
36	[i]Blending:[/i] Invisibility to Sight Group , No Fringe, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Still Casts A Shadow (-1/4)	0
5	[i]Tail:[/i] Extra Limb (1), Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-1/4)	0
19	[i]Retractable Stinger:[/i] Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (3d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/4) (19 Active Points)	2
10	[i]Mouth Full of Fangs:[/i] Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR)	1
10	[i]Walks On Walls:[/i] Clinging (normal STR)	0
12	[i]Slippery:[/i] +20 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Only To Escape Entangles And Grabs (-1 1/2)	
4	[i]Serpentine Body:[/i] Double Jointed	
6	[i]Superior Color Vision:[/i] +3 PER with Sight Group	0
24	[i]Bullet Proof Scales:[/i] Resistant Protection (8 PD/8 ED)	0
6	[i]Swift:[/i] Running +6m (18m total)	1
2	[i]Nimble:[/i] Leaping +4m (8m forward, 4m upward)	1

[b]Martial Arts:[/b] Some Savate, Some Karate, A Little Marquess of Queensberry
Maneuver	OCV	DCV	Notes
4	1)   Bob 'n Weave - Martial Dodge	--	+5	Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
5	2)   Cross/Spinning Kick - Offensive Strike	-2	+1	12d6 Strike
4	3)   Double Ear Slap - Martial Flash	-1	-1	Flash 4d6
5	4)   Flying Kick - Passing Strike	+1	+0	8d6 +v/10; FMove
3	5)   Galactic Wrestling Holds - Martial Grab	-1	-1	Grab Two Limbs, 50 STR for holding on
4	6)   Jab/Roundhouse Kick - Martial Strike	+0	+2	10d6 Strike
4	7)   Rear Naked Choke - Choke Hold	-2	+0	Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND

[b]Perks[/b]
6	[i]Azmuth, Creator of the Omnitrix:[/i] Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own) 8-
20	[i]Ben's Ride:[/i] Vehicles
8	[i]Member of the Plumbers:[/i] Fringe Benefit:  Interstellar Police Powers
5	[i]Honorary Member of the Galactic Enforcers, Galactic Medal Of Honor and Countless Other Accolades:[/i] Fringe Benefit:  Membership
5	[i]Jimmy Jones:[/i] Contact (Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 11-
12	[i]Grandpa Max (Magister Max Tennyson):[/i] Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Very Good relationship with Contact) 14-
12	[i]Reiny (Reinrassic III, Highbreed Supreme)[/i]: Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Very Good relationship with Contact) 14-
15	[i]The Legendary Ben Tennyson:[/i] Positive Reputation:  Saved All Life In The Universe, Earth's Greatest Hero (A large group) 14-, +5/+5d6
10	[i]The Ultimatrix:[/i] Follower (Computer)

[b]Talents[/b]
3	[i]Always Sure About That Kind of Stuff:[/i] Bump Of Direction
2	[i]Quick Thinking:[/i] Lightning Reflexes (+2 DEX to act first with All Actions)
5	[i]Really Isn't Working Up To His Potential:[/i]Eidetic Memory

[b]Skills[/b]
20	+2 with All Attacks
1	AK: USA 8-
3	Acrobatics 15-
3	Analyze:  Combat 12-
3	Breakfall 15-
3	CK: Bellwood 12-
3	Combat Driving 15-
3	Combat Piloting 15-
3	Computer Programming 12-
3	Contortionist 15-
3	Deduction 12-
2	Gambling (Sumo Slammers CCG) 12-
3	Jack of All Trades
1	1)   PS: Fishing 8-
1	2)   PS: Play Baseball (2 Active Points) 11-
1	3)   PS: Play Drums (2 Active Points) 11-
1	4)   PS: Play Guitar (2 Active Points) 11-
1	5)   PS: Play Soccer (Goalkeeper) (2 Active Points) 11-
1	Oratory 8-
3	Persuasion 14-
15	Power:  Omnitrix Master 18-
3	Sleight Of Hand 15-
3	Stealth 15-
1	Survival (Temperate/Subtropical) 8-
7	TF:  Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Hoverboard, Personal Use Spacecraft, SCUBA, Skateboarding, Small Wind-Powered Boats, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles
3	Tactics 12-
3	Teamwork 15-
3	WF:  Beam Weapons, Clubs, Staffs
[b]
Total Powers & Skills Cost: 366
Total Cost: 646
[/b]
200+	Disadvantages
15	Accidental Change:  Occasionaly Changes Into The Wrong Form 8- (Very Common)
10	Dependent NPC:  (Ex-?) Girlfriend (Julie Yamamoto)  Infrequently (Normal)
15	Dependent NPC:  The Tennyson Family  Infrequently (Normal; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)
10	Distinctive Features:  purple lizard like alien with three RGB eyes and a cheshire cat's smile (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
5	Distinctive Features:  Ultimatrix stuck in center of chest (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15	Hunted:  Azmuth and the Plumbers (Infrequently) (Mo Pow; NCI; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find; Watching)
25	Hunted:  Forever Knights (Infrequently) (Mo Pow; NCI; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find; Harshly Punish)
15	Hunted:  Rogues Gallery (Infrequently) (As Pow; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find; Harshly Punish)
10	Negative Reputation:  Threat or Menace?, Frequently
15	Psychological Complication:  Overconfident, Arrogant And Self-Absorbed (Common; Strong)
5	Psychological Complication:  Still too trusting for his own good (Uncommon; Moderate)
15	Social Complication:  Public ID (Frequently; Major)

Total Disadvantage Points: 646

Notes: I have it on good authority that this forms official name is ChamAlien, and that the Overkill thing was just Ben's attempt at humor. Obviously, all the stuff posted here is based off what we saw Prisoner #775 do. Well, except for the Superior Color Vision. I admit I just added that based off my own intuition and design preferences. I actually gave him IR and UV vision initially too, but we'll wait to see if that hunch actually plays out. I aslo suspect the tail stinger injects something into it's targets, but we've never seen him actually use it, there's no toy or comic appearances to go on yet and I haven't been able to weasel any extra info out of anyone.... so far. He's obviously pretty tough, but I'm not sure if he's really bullet proof. The injured officer told us that "bullets didn't slow him", but considering his agility and invisibility powers, he may have simply been dodging. I erred on the side of easy playability and gave him some rPD/rED. He's obviously showed to have some degree of enhanced strength, but he may turn out to be stronger than a 40.

Oh, and for the record, my re-write of Rath includes enhanced versions of the Galactic Wrestling Holds :)

Technically, Ben has done a few pro wrestling style moves as Humungousaur too, but I'm probably not adding those in any time soon (can chalk several of them up as Move Through and such).