Export 3d models from MMO

DarkFlite

Hi there. I did a quick search, but didn't see any relevant results.

I'm trying to export a 3d character model from the MMO into a 3d editing program, to make some nice high quality animations of our super team.

Does anyone know if the character models can be opened by 3d modeling software? (Either character modeling software like Poser/DAZ, or more general purpose programs such as Cinema 4d, Max or Maya?)

Re: Export 3d models from MMO

I would also be pleasantly surprised if there is a way to do this. I don't have any high hopes.

But since I found out that "Spore" stores the creatures in a handy portable format, I thought it couldn't hurt to ask about Champions Online.

Re: Export 3d models from MMO

Apparently Cryptic uses pigg/hogg files, which are archives of proprietary data for the models/textures.

Cryptic considers it a TOS to reverse engineer the files, and has banned the discussion on their boards so I guess this is a dead end.

I'll just have to put some real effort into modeling one of the characters in our campaign. :)