A great Pulp monster...

Basil

Re: A great Pulp monster...

It does. The reason it made the news is because it also TASTES really good. I had to get ahold of one of my old crew who recently moved back home to the islands, and even he said, those things are about as good to eat as Kobe beef.....If you taste good as an animal.....you're toast.....or served On toast....heh.

~Rex

Re: A great Pulp monster...

It is neat that a previously unknown large vertebrate species can still be discovered in the present day. That gives renewed hope to cryptozoologists everywhere. :cool:

But this particular lizard would make a poor "monster." For one thing, it eats fruit. ;) It's also far from a giant in being as long as a man (and I agree with Bob Greenwade that that length almost certainly includes the tail). Even this article points out that the related Komodo Dragon is larger, as well as a carnivore and definitely dangerous to man.

Now, the Ashida Dragon from the Jonny Quest cartoon series... that is an awesome pulp monster lizard! :angst: