So, are Bricks more expensive in 6th Edition?

Pattern Ghost

Re: So, are Bricks more expensive in 6th Edition?

Well this weekend, I made 6 Bricks, of the various types (Reps Point to the first person that can name the types AND a Comic book example of that type. :D ), This includes a Bricks specifically designed for my Campaign Setting set up which is a tad difficult to explain quickly, but think, Modern Pulp meets Golden Age Set Ups with a lot of fun stuff tossed in (Sort of Ed Brubakers Incognito, meets Fringe, Meets JSA, Meets Doc Savage, etc etc etc ...)....Either way that guys write up will explain the campaign "set up" and he occupies one of the 6 niche brick types....

However, on of my greedy and idea challenged 1x a month players snagged the sheets before we all went our separate ways, and when I got home at 3am this morning, I didn't have them to bring into work today so I could post them. So, Wednesday-ish maybe earlier I will have most of or all of mine posted. *sigh* A couple of interesting bricks so far though.....2 headed critters no less. Shaping up to be interesting.

~Rex....Is splitting up his Brick Builds because he feels the Hugo Danner's, Jack Flagg's, American Eagle's, and Black Terror's of the World need some representation as well......

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this weekend' date=' I made 6 Bricks, of the various types (Reps Point to the first person that can name the types AND a Comic book example of that type. :D )[/quote']

Mud, dry pressed, extruded, calcium silicate, rail kiln, and Bull's trench kiln. Mud bricks can be seen in the buildings in Fantastic Four #19, when the heroes travelled back to ancient Egypt. Dry pressed bricks are...

Oh, that's not what you were talking about? So sorry. Never mind!

Having finally gotten my desktop fixed, I'm now back in ye olde computer roome. My Hero Designer, somewhat ironically, is not. Lemme have a day or so to get stuff off my wife's laptop and back where it belongs, and I'll try to get my guy posted.

Here is an entry for a character that will be in my GenCON 2010 game. I have upped the points because the heroes in the convention game are 225 points. He is not a man of fancy fighting. You will notice that he is very low on END/REC - and while his "powers" run off his END Reserve his STR and Movement does not. The low end is because he is terribly out of shape and is gasping for air even after a very brief fights - especially if he has to move towards his opponents.

Tonne

VAL CHA Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- HTH Damage 4d6 END [2]

13 DEX 6 12-

20 CON 10 13-

11 INT 1 11- PER Roll 11-

9 EGO -1 11-

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

8 OCV 25

8 DCV 25

3 OMCV 0

5 DMCV 6

4 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 PD 8 10/15 PD (0/5 rPD)

10 ED 8 10/15 ED (0/5 rED)

8 REC 8

35 END 0

15 BODY 5

38 STUN 8

Movement Cost Meters Notes

RUNNING 1 13m/26m END [1]

SWIMMING 0 4m/8m END [1]

LEAPING 0 4m 4m forward, 2m upward

Characteristics Total: 150

Cost Powers

Energy to Matter, END Reserve - END=

50 1) Create Mass: Growth (+30 STR, +10 CON, +10 PRE, +6 PD, +6 ED, +6 BODY, +12 STUN, +3m Reach, +24m Running, -12m KB, 801-6,400 kg, +4 to OCV to hit, +4 to PER Rolls to perceive character, 5-8m tall, 3-4m wide) - END=5

15 2) Thicken Epidermis: Damage Negation (-3 DCs Physical, -3 DCs Energy) (30 Active Points); Linked (Create Mass; -1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) - END=3

13 3) Thicken Dermis: Resistant Protection (6 PD/6 ED/6 Power Defense) (27 Active Points); Linked (Create Mass; -1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) - END=3

5 4) Thicken Subcutaneous Tissue: Density Increase (700 kg mass, +10 STR, +2 PD/ED, -4m KB) (8 Active Points); Linked (Create Mass; -1/2) - END=1

26 5) Rebuild: Regeneration (2 BODY per Turn) (32 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) - END=3

Matter to Energy, all slots Unified Power (-1/4), Personal END - END=

6 1) Matter Eater: Drain BODY 2d6 (20 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Not vs. the Living; -1), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Unified Power (-1/4) - END=2

20 2) Matter Conversion: Aid Endurance Reserve 6d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; when character uses Matter Eater; +1) (72 Active Points); Only to Aid Self (-1), Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Can only gain 2x END of BODY Drained; -1), Linked (Matter Eater; -1/4), Unified Power (-1/4) - END=7

21 Energy Furnace: Endurance Reserve (75 END, 5 REC) Reserve: (23 Active Points); REC: (4 Active Points); Limited Recovery (Must eat high-calorie food; -1) - END=0

10 Justiclar Suit: Resistant Protection (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0

Powers Total: 166

Cost Skills

24 +3 with HTH Combat

3 Defense Maneuver I

3 Analyze: Combat 11-

3 Breakfall 12-

5 Computer Programming 12-

3 Teamwork 12-

3 Electronics 11-

3 Traveler

1 1) AK: France (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) AK: Japan (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) CK: Hong Kong (2 Active Points) 11-

1 4) CK: Tokyo (2 Active Points) 11-

1 5) CuK: Otaku (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Linguist

0 1) Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

1 2) Language: French (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

2 3) Language: Japanese (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

1 4) Language: Mandarin (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Anime (2 Active Points) 11-

2 2) KS: Science Fiction (3 Active Points) 12-

4 3) KS: Video Games (5 Active Points) 14-

0 Acting 8-

0 Charm 8-

0 Concealment 8-

0 Conversation 8-

0 Deduction 8-

0 Paramedics 8-

0 PS: Student 11-

0 Shadowing 8-

0 Stealth 8-

Skills Total: 69

Cost Perks

2 Positive Reputation: Justiclar (A large group) 11-, +1/+1d6

5 Vehicle/Base Points: 10

5 Follower/Contact Points: 10

3 Computer Link

Perks Total: 15

Value Complications

25 Physical Complication: Very High Metabolism (All the Time; Slightly Impairing)

20 Social Complication: Obese Very Frequently, Major

15 Social Complication: Lazy Very Frequently, Minor

5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN Sonics (Uncommon)

5 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x BODY Sonics (Uncommon)

5 Enraged: END Reserved less than 25% full (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-

Complications Points: 75

Base Points: 400

Experience: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Total Character Cost: 400

DESCRIPTION

Lets face the facts. even without your powers running you are morbidly obese. The fact that you are in a team of athletic and fit superheroes just makes you stand out even more. Furthermore you are the only minority, which leads to many of your friends back home teasing you about being a token, but you rarely feel that way on the team. None of them have made a remark about the color of your skin, but several have remarked about the unhealthy lifestyle you live. A life of fast food, Mountain Dew, Anime, and Video Games is not exactly the normal one for a superhero. Well they just better get used to it.

ORIGIN

You grew up in a working class neighborhood with two working parents. Your mom works as a CPA for the local IRS branch, while your dad is a cop for the city. They both work long hours leaving you as a traditional latchkey kid growing up. Unlike other kids in the neighborhood you never wanted to shoot some hoops or just hang out - instead you played video games and watched anime. Thus it was nobody's surprise that you began to gain weight and by the beginning of high school was the largest kid in your class. What did surprise everyone was when your superpowers manifested themselves. Some seniors were picking on you in the gym when all of a sudden you grew to over 12' in height easily sending the bullies running for their lives.

PERSONALITY

Lazy, uncommitted, and completely unconcerned with things happening around him outside of his interests - video games, anime, and cult films. His is not a wall-flower, just mixes with a different crowd. He attends Otaku conventions, GenCON, Pax, and other "fringe" gatherings - he has even entered some costume contests (winning thanks to Thespian working on the costumes). He has a large collection of friends at these gatherings it is just that the Justiclars find it all rather strange. Not that it bothers him in the least, okay maybe just a little acceptance would be nice.

TACTICS

You may not be the strongest member of the Justiclars, but you can take more punishment than the entire team and still remain standing - even if you are now famished.

"I have torrents running that are more important that you second-rate thugs"

Here's my entry, at last.

I'll have to find some time to post it as a non-attachment later since I have yet to see a RTF export template for 6e.

Oh, I forgot to post his background info! Here goes.

Background/History

Nanophant is an experiment in progress - a nanotechnologically created organism. Artificially created in a lab, his genetic code has been carefully modified by nanotechnology for his entire life, resulting in an elephant-man.

Growing up in relative isolation, Nanophant was studied for much of his infancy until his scientist guardians deemed him fit for human education and upbringing, which was standard, if not just a bit strange considering his nature. In his pastime he behaved something like a normal human child. Playful, mischievous, naive, and he was fascinated by superheroes. In time, he would train to box and would get helpful modifications to his body to make himself fight crime better.

Nanophant has been fighting crime for a while, but he is still adjusting to living under a rock as well as to how society regards him.

Personality/Motivation:

Nanophant grew up with human-level intelligence and was fascinated by superheroes so much that he decided to be one himself. After all, why not? He was a literal elephant man who was genetically modified by nanotechnology. A little adjustments here, a little training there, and why not?

Nanophant was only half ready for society's reaction to him though. Kids loved him, most people were apprehensive, and groups like the IHA hated him. Nanophant hopes that society as a whole will grow to accept him and is thankful for support from the Champions and from Doctor Silverback in keeping his public relations steady.

Nanophant does not really have a whole lot of psychological baggage on him, and so he's a rather well-adjusted individual who even gives the benefit of the doubt to a lot more people than others, owing to small levels of naivete, an eagerness for social interaction stemming from a relatively sheltered upbringing, and because his abilities generally ensure that he can take care of himself.

Powers/Tactics:

Nanogenetic technology has guided Nanophant's body throughout his life. It has given him a humanoid shape allowing for heightened agility, mobility, and reflexes. It has furthermore compacted his overall mass into that of a humanoid size, giving him superhuman strength and stamina comparable to a full-sized adult male African elephant. His body can heal from wounds that he sustains and it can absorb expelled energy to increase his stamina.

Nanophant retains certain elephantine features, such as tusks, trunk, thick skin, and slightly heightened senses, all improved by his nanogenetic nature. He also was genetically manipulated to improve his eyesight, mobility, and most importantly, his intelligence.

He also has retained beneficial aspects of his special memory, particularly the ability to survive in his native environments, and he also can still establish limited communication with animals.

Nanophant is also an expert boxer owing to his career choice, and he also wears special armor plates over his body for extra protection when out fighting.

Campaign Use:

Nanophant's signature angle to any story is the interaction between his mutated animal nature and society. Due to his background, he can easily be involved in any adventures involving Doctor Silverback or the Institute for Human Advancement. Adventures involving Beast Mountain, Doctor Phillipe Moreau, or Teleios could also pretty easily involve him, but none of them are necessarily the limits of his character, as he also fights crime day in and day out in Millennium City.

Appearance:

Nanophant appears to be a humanoid elephant with hard armored skin. His appearance can sometimes be unsettling to those that are not used to looking at him, since he has an almost "fake" appearance. When he is out crimefighting he wears specially created armor plates that give the appearance of an Indian war elephant. The nature of his appearance isn't lost on him, given his technical species.

Well this weekend' date=' I made 6 Bricks, of the various types (Reps Point to the first person that can name the types AND a Comic book example of that type. :D )[/quote']

I'm going to guess:

• Bruiser, strong & tough, but not invulnerable (Beast (Hank McCoy), Aquaman (Arthur Curry))
  • Cockroach/ Energizer Bunny, high CON, STUN, REC, possibly some regen, probably Damage Reduction. Takes damage, but keeps on going. (Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards), Plastic Man (Patrick "Eel" O'Brian), any male character written by John Byrne)
  • FISS, Flight, Invulnerability, Strength & Speed. (Superman (Kal El), Iron Man (Tony Stark))
  • Giant, normal human who can get Big & Strong (Giant Man (Hank Pym), Hulk (Bruce Banner))
  • Monster, strong, possibly invulnerable, distinctive features & anger management issues (Thing (Ben Grimm), Venom (Eddie Brock))
  • Tanker, virtually invulnerable (Juggernaut (Cain Marko), Colossus (Piotr Nicolaevich Rasputin ))

One of these days, I must invest in this hero designer thing...heh. *Goes back to paper and pencil*

~Rex

It was strongly suggested to me by friends, just after they first got me to try the system, so I've used HD for as long as I've been playing HERO stuff. I'm a total addict, as a result. If someone just gave me a notebook and pencil and said to make them a character, I'd probably throw it at them, flail my arms helplessly, run around like I was on fire, or something similarly amusing.

Okay, okay, so I'd knuckle down and make a character...but it'd involve a lot of erasing, a lot of head tilting as I tried to make my History-oriented brain do basic math, and it wouldn't be the most complicated of characters. Suffice it to say I'm pretty hooked on Hero Designer, partially because it's an excellent program and partially because it's just, well, how I learned to do it.

I'm going to guess:
  • Bruiser, strong & tough, but not invulnerable (Beast (Hank McCoy), Aquaman (Arthur Curry))
  • Cockroach/ Energizer Bunny, high CON, STUN, REC, possibly some regen, probably Damage Reduction. Takes damage, but keeps on going. (Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards), Plastic Man (Patrick "Eel" O'Brian), any male character written by John Byrne)
  • FISS, Flight, Invulnerability, Strength & Speed. (Superman (Kal El), Iron Man (Tony Stark))
  • Giant, normal human who can get Big & Strong (Giant Man (Hank Pym), Hulk (Bruce Banner))
  • Monster, strong, possibly invulnerable, distinctive features & anger management issues (Thing (Ben Grimm), Venom (Eddie Brock))
  • Tanker, virtually invulnerable (Juggernaut (Cain Marko), Colossus (Piotr Nicolaevich Rasputin ))

Very Good! Not the terms I use but essentially, the same type of division albeit detailed slightly different as well but close enough for government work........Have some Rep!

~Rex.....Wrapping up Brick 3....beginning outline for Brick 4....

Urgh. Finally got a chance to settle down and re-make this guy, and wanted to post him (after graduating earlier today), and now I'm having some problems exporting (to just a text or document style format, so I can copy and paste) from Hero Designer. Curse you, technological convenience!

It was strongly suggested to me by friends, just after they first got me to try the system, so I've used HD for as long as I've been playing HERO stuff. I'm a total addict, as a result. If someone just gave me a notebook and pencil and said to make them a character, I'd probably throw it at them, flail my arms helplessly, run around like I was on fire, or something similarly amusing.

Okay, okay, so I'd knuckle down and make a character...but it'd involve a lot of erasing, a lot of head tilting as I tried to make my History-oriented brain do basic math, and it wouldn't be the most complicated of characters. Suffice it to say I'm pretty hooked on Hero Designer, partially because it's an excellent program and partially because it's just, well, how I learned to do it.

I love HD, but I am of the opinion that every HERO Gamer should be well-versed in using P&P to make their characters first, simply so that they can appreciate HD for the conveniences that it lends.

When I observe most of my group, I feel like they're spoiled with HD, whereas I had to go my first couple of years without it and I had fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I could go with anything presented "well" though I prefer Vanilla for the point of this particular thread. Heh, one of the Bricks I was working on is a shrinker, so that should be an interesting comparisson. One of the few things now about being laid off for awhile, is I get more time to play around with my HERO stuff.

~Rex