Create a Villain Theme Team!

BoloOfEarth

Re: Create a Villain Theme Team!

The age of chivilary is not dead, it never existed. At least thats what Brad Thomas told everyone who complained that he wasn't acting the part of the noble knight. Were they kidding? This was the middle ages, when war was war. Not like today. Oh no civilian casuilties boo hoo. Were only peacekeepers. A true knight killed anyone who opposed him , did what he wanted with the women, took anything valuable, and if he was in a good mood didn't kill the prisioners and torch the place. The whole cjhaste nice guy bit was nothing more than pr from bards paid to try and get a noble to hirte a knoight, or romantic writers years later.

Then only day Brad went too far. After beating a fellow particapant unconious, he grabbes the "princess" they were supposed to be rescuing and started kissing her. Pardon him for bringing some reality to the procedingdgs. And banning him from all future events was way out of line. Three days later he got a package in the mail, and a note Inside was actual armor just like he wore but far more advanced, a sword with four buttons that fired various weapons, and a shield that manipulated energy.

The note said

"I have need of such a knight as you. If you will serve me as your Lord take these gifts, come to this address, and take your rightful place in the Robber Barons."

As he finished the note Baron Badknight laughed.

Louisa Wright had a bit of a reputation at SCA events. Seemed she was not above using her "ample charms" to get certain perks and advantages from chairmans and other assorted higher-ups. She could care less about jousting or fighting (unless backstage politics were involved) -- what was important was that SHE got spotlight time serenading as the only traveling minstrel allowed. To be fair, she had some talent with the mandolin. Louisa's vocals, on the other hand, SUCKED. Things came to a head when she tried for a coup attempt with one of her three puppets running and all her sordid dirty laundry was revealed (there were a LOT of current and ex girlfriends and wives she had pissed off who were more than willing to issue some well-deserved pay back). Louisa found herself blackballed from half the SCA events on the Eastern seaboard and on a watchlist for the other half.

Then the device came in the mail. It took Louisa some getting used to as it handled more like a Guitar Hero controller than an actual mandolin, but Hey Nonny Non! The sonic damage it could do! Now, as the Silver Swallow, Louisa loves bringing the men down to their knees (though, implying "Swallow" means something less than wholesome to her will have her fly into a rage). Unfortunately for the rest of the team, she still sings too. Thankfully, that hasn't been enhanced by anything lethal -- yet.

Team Name: The Corruption

Number: 7

Motive/Theme: They are not looking for payback or revenge. What they want is to break, to control, to turn their chosen quarry into something dark and evil and twisted -- just like they are. Someone in the Create a Hero Theme Team! thread is their chosen target (possibly a member of the Create a Villain could work too if said villain has a code versus killing/less downright EVIL). The Corruption is willing to do whatever it takes to spread their taint and shatter their prey's morals, ideals and goodness.

Team Name: The Corruption

Number: 7

Motive/Theme: They are not looking for payback or revenge. What they want is to break, to control, to turn their chosen quarry into something dark and evil and twisted -- just like they are. Someone in the Create a Hero Theme Team! thread is their chosen target (possibly a member of the Create a Villain could work too if said villain has a code versus killing/less downright EVIL). The Corruption is willing to do whatever it takes to spread their taint and shatter their prey's morals, ideals and goodness.

"This one should be easy," said the man known as Proxy. "He's a legacy, so the feelings of inadequacy are already there." He tossed a folder labeled Golden Knight on the table.

"In fact, he's the fifth one. That's a lot to live up to. When he falls, it's going to be spectacular." The small man licked his lips with eager anticipation.

"We'll start with something subtle. I want to draw this out a bit. Perhaps a parade in the first Golden Knight's honor, perhaps an entire holiday. We'll move on to some editorial pieces about the greatness of the original Knight, and even the next three. Next come the negative pieces, the public criticisms about this Golden Knight, the fact that he doesn't deserve to hold the title. Plant the seed.

"When he's been prepped, I'll go into his mind. Dreams of glory, of praise, only to discover the adoring crowds aren't for him. In fact, they don't know him at all. Eventually the dream crowds will hate him.

"Phil, we'll need to setup a no-win scenario for him, something especially frustrating; maybe a child's death or two. Then we implant the new image. Candace, I want something dark, brutal. Lots of spikes and big shoulder pads. After he succumbs, the winning scenario goes into effect. The villain dies. Plant a bomb in their head if you need to, but make it look like something the Knight did.

"We finish off with euphoric dreams of success, of accomplishment. Dani, you're in charge of the press. They will have to love the new Knight, reinforce the idea that he's doing the right thing. Denigrate the old Knights, in fact. This is the hot new hero in town, and he's a killer!

"Ok, folks, we have a lot of work to do. Let's get moving."

The rich are held to a different standard than the rest of us. It's true that people look at them with envy and if they are your employer with fear more than admiration as those that are employers tend to be ruthless. Such is the case with Andrew Williams. But he himself envied those that could mix with people, encourage and delight them. Bad enough when these people are actors or sports stars but superheroes ? People who had other jobs, who were not part of what the British termed the Establishment, who would risk their lives to save the country, the world or just one child and they were adored by the general public, feted by the media and politicians and respected by those with money, lives true movers and shakers.

Andrew himself did not stand out enough. He had money but not at the level others did. His name was not remarkable enough. His achievements in business neither kindly enough (as a white knight for example) or ruthless enough (like the worst asset strippers). To be thought of as just a part of the general crowd was a malaise on his soul.

His own corruption started early enough when he became aware of some of the Rich and Powerful being collectors. Not just of animals like hunters on safari but of people.

It is quite something to see a hero in action pose as part of a private museum and knowing that their dead body was part of the taxidermist's art. But oh so much more when it is a woman particularly a good looking woman, nude, usually frozen in ice either living or dead as part of your hidden treasure. That was something.

Andrew felt though he could go one better. Why not turn the great idols into the things they hated ? How ? Certainly he had the money but not the communication skills, the raw power or the mental finesse. And then itcame to him. He would be the Backer. The one that brought the people together and set them upto do the business. There was a niche market. Their was an opportunity. And that was how it started.

Andrew has had to dispose of members of the Corruption before who tried to take over or who were making their activities too well known so the rest know that he is not someone to mess with. Especially as he seems to know someone or something called The Thief of Everything.

Andrew has also had to be careful about his own Collection after other Collectors had their activities exposed. Not all villains or heroes are merciful if they find out you have hurt their friends, cmrades and loved ones.

Eyes massivly dialatedd, slurred speech, 101 degree fever, far greater pronocunced shakes, complete neurological colapse 4 months." Sam Stein restrained the urge to hit something. He had failed again. At moments like this he wished he had never see that stupid movie. It was a spy movie where the villians kidnaped the heros friend, and brainwashed him into being an assasin. The idea facinated Sam. He remembered lookuing around the theatre and wonddering what it would be like if all those people would do anything he told them. So he split his interest between watching mor emind control movies, and learning hypnotist. And being very disapointed at the difference between real and movie hypnotism. But he had leqarned of two new ways to break people to his will. So he started studying psychology to learn how to brainwash people. And chemistry to learn more about drugs to learn how to make substances people would do anything to posses.

But chemicals are expensive, so he became a small time drug dealer untill he learned to make the proper substances. Then he put on the first suit, the chemical concotions he had in the first Bedlam suit weren't very sophisticated, but he colud obtain his chemicals without having to worry about eratic druggies. Of course these days the Bedlam suit is far more useful. Aside from mood altering and halucinagenic compounds, it can has substances that can cause quite a bit of physical damage. He's even close to a mind control formula. The current variant does put the subject in a highly suggestive state. But after a few doses the subject becomes almost catatonic without it, aqnd despite his extending the time to almost 4 months still ends up brain dead.

Those arrogant Psi scum. They never deserved the power they had. Not for the first time he considered straping down Psimon and turning him brain dead. Still there was no ewscaping it. He had failed.

"Kill yourself."

The subject slit her throat.

Then the phone rang.

"Yes?"

"Bedlam this is Backer."

Fool as if the Brittish accent on his private line wasn't a clue

"Proxy has initiated action against the Golden Knight. Were going to start with a build up. You reeady to make him the most popual persom in the world?"

"Are you kidding? I'll put him in such a state he'll think he's God., and the crowd will agree. If you want I'll make them agree so much they'll tear him apart."

"Now now. You know that comes later."

"My current project..." He called himself Genet. Some recognized the name from the French writer Jean Genet, but few truly appreciated the reference. "You are all familiar with the Banner case, yes?"

"That was that Powerfist guy, right?" Phil snorted. "Got clemency, then up and disappeared. I don't know, Genet. Tempting an ex-con seems a bit slumming for us."

Genet only smiled, shuffling his deck of cards and laying them out for a game of solitaire. "Ah, that's where you're wrong. For starters, the man was offered a job out of the blue at Harmon Industries. So many people looking for work in this economy and he gets a job? The public resentment -- we can build on that. Note my expense report for Mr. Q and his Network. We'll be seeing a scathing editorial on that 'handout' and how it will backfire horribly in the papers in the next couple of days."

"So you're going to tempt Banner to steal from Harmon? Again, where's the challenge?"

"You're still not seeing the big picture, Phil," Genet shook his head as if he was addressing a child. "My investigations have lead me to understand that Banner is not spending his nights at home." He chuckled softly. "I do believe he's actually trying to be a hero now. Which will be perfect."

"OK, so it's the 'no one's gonna buy you as a good guy, so why bother' schtick? All right, now we're getting somewhere..."

"Almost, Phil. You're almost there." Genet allowed himself the hint of a grin. "After Banner was granted clemency, there was a public verbal altercation from the vigilante known as Nighthawk against Banner. Here...here we will have our Inspector Javert dogging his tracks. Waiting -- hoping -- for our would-be white knight to slip. We will tease him with coincidences and circumstantial evidence that his suspicions are right. That is, if Banner doesn't do it himself anyway."

He leaned back in his chair, a cold sneer wide across his face. "Matters will come to a head between these two -- thanks to my efforts. Lines will be crossed, second chances torn apart. By the time I'm done, BOTH will be broken beyond redemption! The only thing is, which one do I want to keep alive to live with themselves afterward? That he chose to remain willfully blind...?"

Genet swept the cards from the table. "This is going to be fun."

First love can go drastically wrong in so many ways. For Josephine Misdomer, it happened in this fashion. Jo and her boyfriend Cameron, a fellow who played guitar pretty decently, had been swapping spit for a couple of weeks after a few months of buildup. But now Cameron wanted to "go all the way" and Jo wasn't ready for that yet. He kept pushing and pushing, and finally she told him it was over. But Cameron didn't seem to understand the concept of "over". He followed her everywhere over the next few days, pleading with her to take him back, saying that he couldn't live without her. Turned out this was true. He wrote one last despairing song and took his own life. (The song later became a minor hit on the emo circuit.)

Jo was a little upset, but also thought it was kind of cool to have a guy so into her that he'd commit suicide for her sake. Her next relationship went very similarly, a little too similarly for the cops. They identified unknown chemical compounds inside the boy's body, and made Jo get some tests done. It turned out that all her bodily fluids carried similar compounds. Jo was Addictive, anyone who came in direct contact with her bodily fluids would over a short time become "addicted" to her, needing a "fix" every day or suffering horrible withdrawal symptoms. Jo quickly realized the implications of this, and also that the authorities would never, ever let her go unless she left town before they were ready. So she did.

A string of ruined lives later, Addictive was contacted by the Corruption, which offered her a good deal. The Backer's scientists have developed a synthetic drug that ameliorates the withdrawal symptoms, allowing her addicts to function without her for longer periods of time.

And now? "Yes, I'm starting with Golden Boar because the profile you drew up suggests that he's the most vulnerable to my preferred techniques; I should have him eating out of my hand in no time, and that will give me access to my real target on the Exiles, that Schoolgirl Hero. Trust me, by the time I'm done, that prim and innocent girl will be begging to star in "naughty tentacle" movies if that will get her a fix. I may want the group's help on Elegance, though--I know making a demon fall should be a piece of cake, but I've never dealt with demonic physiology before and the effects of my formula may be unpredictable."

Addiction and the Corruption are unaware of the deeper and darker secrets of most of the Exiles...this could be the mission that gets her killed.

Eyes massivly dialatedd, slurred speech, 101 degree fever, far greater pronocunced shakes, complete neurological colapse 4 months." Sam Stein restrained the urge to hit something. He had failed again. At moments like this he wished he had never see that stupid movie. It was a spy movie where the villians kidnaped the heros friend, and brainwashed him into being an assasin. The idea facinated Sam. He remembered lookuing around the theatre and wonddering what it would be like if all those people would do anything he told them. So he split his interest between watching mor emind control movies, and learning hypnotist. And being very disapointed at the difference between real and movie hypnotism. But he had leqarned of two new ways to break people to his will. So he started studying psychology to learn how to brainwash people. And chemistry to learn more about drugs to learn how to make substances people would do anything to posses.

But chemicals are expensive, so he became a small time drug dealer untill he learned to make the proper substances. Then he put on the first suit, the chemical concotions he had in the first Bedlam suit weren't very sophisticated, but he colud obtain his chemicals without having to worry about eratic druggies. Of course these days the Bedlam suit is far more useful. Aside from mood altering and halucinagenic compounds, it can has substances that can cause quite a bit of physical damage. He's even close to a mind control formula. The current variant does put the subject in a highly suggestive state. But after a few doses the subject becomes almost catatonic without it, aqnd despite his extending the time to almost 4 months still ends up brain dead.

Those arrogant Psi scum. They never deserved the power they had. Not for the first time he considered straping down Psimon and turning him brain dead. Still there was no ewscaping it. He had failed.

"Kill yourself."

The subject slit her throat.

Then the phone rang.

"Yes?"

"Bedlam this is Backer."

Fool as if the Brittish accent on his private line wasn't a clue

"Proxy has initiated action against the Golden Knight. Were going to start with a build up. You reeady to make him the most popual persom in the world?"

"Are you kidding? I'll put him in such a state he'll think he's God., and the crowd will agree. If you want I'll make them agree so much they'll tear him apart."

"Now now. You know that comes later."

While the Tribble is British, Backer is a born and bred American.

He could certainly use a faux British accent though......

What is the use of power, of being in power, of being in Government if you can't use that power to destroy another human being or bring low the hopes and dreams of the poor ? Meet Senator Robert Maxwell who is a good old boy and a thoroughly horrible person. In truth he did not choose to enter politics to do this but after serving as a junior congressman and seeing how the system worked he decided to put the system to work to corrupt people and destroy them. He began with one of his backers, systematically bringing down his family and then the man's empire before the man himself. It worked like a charm. True there were some rough edges but Bob had time and patience. A truely unexpected scandal brought down one of the senator's for his home state and Bob worked himself into contention. A slight smear here and there, a rumour, a hint and Bob was heading for the big time. Now at the heart of it all good old Bob can use his powers to have lots more fun. He endears himself to his voters by being visible all the time and by being one of the first around when something serious happens. Still he is a monster. He has literally buried some of his opponents and the thing is they never worked out that they were his opponents. They still talk about the crusading DA who was struck down and ruined by scandal. And he was on the same party as Bob.

Bob's finest hour was the destruction of an entire community. It ended in a full scale riot and the police opening fire killing unarmed rioters.

Bob is smart. He is for sale to certain parties but he makes sure that it is upfront and can be declared to the tax people and to his voters. Woe betide the fool who tries to press Bob or try to bamboozle him. He'll make a note of them to be dealt with later. Not that being a friend is any safer. A female lawyer friend was attacked, brutally raped and thrown in a dumpster. Just to create smoke and mirrors around himself.

Not that Bob is beyond playing both ends against the middle. Witness one of the Columbian cartels who were helped to get established by the Senator who set them up with the Police. It was one of the biggest drug hauls in state history. And Bob helped one of the only survivors to escape back to his masters even using some of the money the Cartel had paid him.

Having seen how easy it is to destroy the ordinary and those elected to office, Bob turned to a more dangerous quarry. Superheroes.

Bob is the Powerbroker in the Corruption but he makes sure he and Backer are never seen together.

However Proxy started out working for Bob and is one of the few who knows that Bob has been up to no good. He does not know who deep the rabbit hole is.

Bob is also careful which committee's to be on so that he has enough time to look after his people.

There are some heroes that are practically immune to mental influence, chemical influence, sexual influence, and corruption. That's where I come in.

I go by the name Nano. I make nanobots. I get called in for those "special" hard unbreakable cases. I simply send nanobots to physically take over the hero's body. I become like a puppet master.

Why? Because I like controlling people. Because heroes think they are above everything when non super powered persons like myself are overlooked. So, did you want to make a hero appear as a criminal - if nothing else works, you come to me. I'll make him think he's doing of his own accord with some special brain bots.

Next group:

This is an important news interruption.!

7 inmates from Millennium City Mental Hospital has just escaped.! This Mental Hospital is well known for it’s extreme security measures and is seconded only to Stronghold itself.

These Psychotic Seven, are well known for their bizarre and themed based crimes.!

Warning, they are considered very dangerous and should be avoided at all cost. It is uncertain how these bizarre individuals have managed to work together to form a team, or even how they escaped at this time.

Please stay tuned as we give you information on each of the Seven.

I happen to have a character that fits right into this madhouse...

Be on the lookout for Tommy Bethlehem, AKA “Scaredevil” sometimes called “Pandemonium.”

Whenever at liberty, Scaredevil will acquire a stereotypical devil costume, often clumsily stitching it by hand himself. Despite what should be a pathetic or clownish appearance, he is often seen as a menacing or imposing figure due to the mind-altering aura he seems to project.

Pandemonium suffers from violent berserk rages, equally sudden panic terrors, and a shifting set of sometimes contradictory delusions, all of which are frequently contagious.

Effects Pandemonium has been known to induce in those around him include:

Hallucinations (Mental Illusions)

Compulsions (Mind Control)

Babbling (Telepathy)

“Blackouts” (Flash to Sight, Hearing, and Mental Groups, Spatial Awareness, and Combat Sense)

Disorientation and distorted senses (Change Environment with penalties to Perception, OCV, INT, and EGO rolls)

His touch, which he describes as “The Touch of Hell,” has been known to make people very ill (Drain to CON, PRE, EGO, INT – simultaneously)

In his apparently lucid moments, he can be both amazingly cunning and preternaturally persuasive. In combat, he has exhibited both bursts of superhuman strength and a temporary immunity to pain and fear.

Finally, his close associates have been known to develop an irrational loyalty combined with a compulsion to spend as much time as possible in his presence. It is speculated that this mysterious power to inspire devotion could be the force holding this group of escapees together.

Scaredevil's powers are biochemical in nature. His mutant metabolism constantly churns out powerful psychoactive pheremones – to which he is NOT immune. The effects of his powers can also be addictive, causing those exposed to them to feel compelled to keep coming back.

Most of his powers have Explosion, Uncontrolled, and No Conscious Control.

See the character sheet and write up here: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/70706-Three-Villains-one-picture-no-ideas..-One-Contest...

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Enterprises

Joe Friday is the most normal looking of the group but tends to kill people based on literary sources like Shakespeare or the movies. If a killing has panache like in the James Bond films then he is likely to use it. But he hates the serial killer films like Halloween or Friday the 13th where 'Oh look someone is having sex so thy die next'. He was caught trying to get the actor playing Jason strapped to a medieval swinging blade taken from the film 'The Pit and the Pendulum'.

His current look is reminiscent of Charles Bronson in the 70s films like The Stone Killer and Death Wish.

And he always has a motive for the killings. Witnesses he just intimidates.

Where he gets the money to make his traps is unknown.

Unlike the others Joe Friday is his actual name. He uses no other alias. the others may be using him as a front as he can pass for normal.

Marcus Skidmore, who insists on calling himself Revelation, is a near-classic paranoid schizophrenic. He's obsessed with his delusions of multiple intricately woven conspiracies among corporate bodies, government agencies, organized crime, alien and extradimensional horrors, secret societies, and myriad other groups, and is bent on proving his beliefs to the world.

During treatment, doctors (with approval from Marcus' family) tried an experimental drug, meant to relieve his symptoms without causing the grogginess of most drugs for schizophrenia. This drug interacted with Marcus' physiology in a strange and unexpected way: it energized his body and gave him the ability to generate light. And this wasn't just any light: somehow, it was light with substance, able to blast holes in the wall!

It was this unexpected infusion of light that enabled Marcus to escape, and six other patients with him. He sticks with the others not because he trusts them (he doesn't, and the feeling is mutual), but out of necessity.

But he will shine the light of truth -- as he sees it -- on the world, of that he is certain. To that end, he wears the white robes of an angelic street preacher, and makes himself as messianic-looking as he can.

And of course Our Heroes are a focal point for most of the world's troubles, unwitting puppets of the great alien-corporate-government web of conspiratorial intrigue.

Katharine Fleyshmakher is not an attractive woman. Heavy-set and hard-bitten, the only joy she had was working in an abbatoir -- and she was VERY good at her job when it came to flaying and butchering animals. She claims she was kicked by a steer in the head at work, but even her juvenile records indicated she had an obsession with corpses and death. After she was let go from her job, her supervisor's 4 year daughter soon disappeared.

Katharine's neighbors reported they had no idea of her mood when she invited them all for a block party. The "osso busco" she served seemed a bit fancy, but they thought nothing of it at the time. The neighbors are still in therapy...

Fleyshmakher isn't an out and out cannibal, but she does have a literal bloodlust. Stabbing, slicing, flaying victims is her ultimate pleasure. She doesn't attack like a Cuisinart though. She's much more methodical, isolating a victim in a secure location and drawing out her butchery for as long as possible. She will sample a victim's flesh as if it were a trophy, though she does have a desire to make others into unsuspecting cannibals instead. Fleyshmakher is inured to pain both physically and mentally (Damage Reduction & Mental Defense). More frighteningly, any attempts at psychically attacking her results in going up again a horrifying mental damage shield/mental entangle combination. Children are her preferred prey.

Swoop

The supercriminal known as Swoop is a bloodthirsty murder, who delights in killing. He has the ability to fly. And this ability is the key to his preferred method of killing. He just loves to swoop down at high speeds with his 2 indesctructible katana and with a movethrough just hacking up his opponent. Not calculating like Fleyshmaker, he just wants to see the blood splatter.

The katanas: He refers to them as "The Slicer Brothers" (FullMetal Alchemist reference). Not much is known about them. Analysis has shown they are several hundred years old, but no one knows why they seemed to indestructible, whether it be mystical or technological, nor why or how Swoop acquired them. He seems very attached to them. And in fact the first crime committed by this new villain group was to steal them back thanks to Swoop's insistence that they needed to "break out his friends".

ABilities: Mainly flying at high speeds, and superhumanly quick movements. He has shown some sword skills, but seems to prefer a simple hack n' slash method. If his weapons are removed, he has shown some hand to hand abilities also, but will clearly attempt to get one or both of his "friends" back. As fighting hand to hand isnt "fun" enough.

Personality: A definite lust to spill blood. Controlling him may be a problem for whoever is in charge. As once he spots a suitable target, he will want to attack that target. Patience isnt a strong point. He may be told not to attack or wait for a later time. But, he really hates to wait. If someone has been targeted, and it isnt resolved (whether unfinished fight or not being allowed to attack). He will remember the next time they meet and the desire will be even more intense. And while not a cannibal, he will sometimes lick blood spatter off his hands.

Appearance: He generally wears ragged old clothing. Usually a black T-shirt and military camoflage pants and military camoflaged type long sleeved T-shirt. Military boots. (the clothing style has lead to theories of being former military). When not drawn he wears the katanas over his back one on each shoulder, as he find it less cumbersome than around the waist. He also has a long slash scar on his face, starting on his forehead near his left temple, it follows over his left on a slightly downward angle across the bridge of his nose and across his right cheek under his right eye.

"Targets": They do seem somewhat random. Though, he does seem to want prey capable of a fight though this doesnt necessarily have to be so. He seems to prefer supers or at least armed normals. But, it can be anybody that suits his fancy. And like already mentioned if the prey escapes and he meets them again, they will be his immediate prime target.

These Psychotic Seven' date=' are well known for their bizarre and themed based crimes...[/quote']

Nobody really took The Printer's Devil seriously as a threat before. When he started his criminal career he seemed just like any other kook. His crimes were centered around typewriters. Yeah, typewriters. His bank heists were easily foiled and he went to jail multiple times. The only time he got any real attention was the time he trapped The Night Vision in a giant typewriter. (A gorilla leaped about on the keys at random, and if he hit the wrong key it spelled DOOM.)

But typewriters went away, and so did the Devil. He disappeared for years, and when he resurfaced it was hard to believe this was the same man. He went on a string of odd rampages that involved no theft, only destruction. Eventually someone figured out that he was targeting electronics companies, specifically ones that made computer keyboards and printers. He was foiled once more, but this time he eluded capture.

Then they found the body. He was a wacko before, but he wasn't a killer. Now that had changed. They found a bloated, pitch black body. The victim had drowned in ink. Two more bodies were found before he was finally captured. He famously fought The Night Vision screaming "Print isn't dead, you are!" He clearly snapped, and he was sentenced to an extended stay at Millennium City Mental Hospital.

Dr. White practically screamed into the phone. You don't understand it's a mass escape, a few cops is not sufficent. We need the National gaurd or a team of superheros.

I still don't understand how they could have done this. Nurse Bently said.

Dr. Thomas looked at the administrators and simply said Redburn.

Dr. White looked up Redburn? Don't be rediculous not only does he not have any powers he's the wackiest of them all. Remember when he made a forst out of the dinner trays to protect against the sock attacks.

Of course I remember. Dr. Thomas said. And I warned you at the time. No matter how often or long these bouts of his last he never loses his keen mind, and they aren't always benevolent. You didn't see him when he deceded he was going to conquer the world.

You mean when he put on that bedsheet, and went around asking isf he was laughing manically or evily?

That one yes and the others.

And the others went along becsuse?

Oh of course. Neither Joe Friday, or the Printers Devil would have any interest in following a man with an extensive libary, can quote Shakespeare for hours, and get them out.

But how did they get out? He has not powers. All the various gadgets he used in his crimes are either in police custody or not here.

I don't know how he did it. He's been plaining this for a long time.

Planning?

Of course. Haven't you read my notes. Redburn isn't just a criminal genius, he's a just plain genius. No matter how long his tendancy to fixate on a particular idea or modes operandi may distract him. Somewhere in his head the plan is continuing. It's no coincidence that when the cops finally got something they coulkd pin on him it was one of the candy crimes, and he got transfered here, and managed to talk to some of our most dangerous Supervillian inmates, and they all escaped a few weeks after his arrival.

Coincidence.

Nurse Bently would you bring Jackson in please?

Nurse Bently broght into the room. The paiteint looked with fear at the assembled Doctors.

It's all right Dr. Thomas said. Tell them what you told me an hour ago.

Jackson looked at the floor. He said I had to wait till Friday. Not to tell you till Friday. But he said to tell you not till Friday. Thanks for the help. Now I have my cadre, and the world shall drown in blood and choclate. Not till Friday. Oh and Dr. Thomas tell the cops not till Friday to not call him Redburn anymore. He who will sit on the throne of skulls is Anarky.

Dr. Thomas looked at the others. Need I really mention this is Friday?

And now the Cream of Thieves 6 members A collection of thieves and burglars that got it's start in Europem, but has expanded int other nations. Not particulary violent, but able to defend themseleves. Most members tprefer to work with style falir and panashe.

The problem with the world today is they want hard and fast solutions to problems. There is no elan, no style. And people get disposed of with a single gunshot. If need be with a Very Large Gun. This is where Panache comes in. She has as Monty Python would put it an outrageous French accent. She is not interested in stealing cash unless it comes with a degree of difficulty that would make lesser criminals gape. For her the prize is in stealing something of considerable value, like a named piece of jewellry or stone with precision and style.

She does not carry guns and uses acrobatic moves to avoid being shot. She does not and will not associate with psychopaths. She sees herself as a spiritual successor to Raffles: The Amateur Cracksman.

She is one of the founding members of the Cream of Thieves. Interpol and the French police are alledgedly close to cracking her identity which is why she has chosen to come to America and Canada. Also to show people how imaginative and inventive theft can be.

Panache wears a close fitting white patterned costume with a domino mask upon her face. She has shoulder length brown hair.

(Translated from Russian)

Sitting at the chessboard, Oleg Bronislav smiled. Right about now, the New Youth Pioneers would be scratching their heads (or in a few cases, nursing their wounds) and wondering how the captured Malvan Battle Lance had disappeared from their base. he said as he moved his rook, then pushed the button on the game clock. His opponent, supposedly one of the best players in Spain, was sweating despite the air conditioning as he considered his next move. Meanwhile, Bronislav's men would soon be enjoying their half of the funds, after expenses, while the rest would enter Bronislav's growing Swiss bank account.

Bronislav had been a high-ranking member of the Russian mob, but grew tired of the drudgery of common crime. He needed challenges, crimes that would force him to really think and plan. That's when he branched out into the superhuman arena (which the mob typically avoided as too risky). Thefts from superhero bases, freeing supervillains during prisoner transport, liberating captured super-gear, that sort of thing. Taking the name поражение (pronounced "Porazhenye", meaning Checkmate), his savings had equipped 15 hand-picked men (including three low-level supers) with the finest in weapons and battle armor. He still took the occasional non-supers-related job, but only if it was unusual or required a certain amount of flair.

His opponent moved his queen, taking Bronislav's rook, and pressed the button on the game clock.

Disappointing, Bronislav thought. A true shame. He moved his knight, taking the Spaniard's bishop. he said in flawless Spanish, then nodded to the two men standing in the shadows. They came forward and grabbed the Spaniard's arms, ignoring his protests and pleas for mercy. As they dragged him away, Bronislav pushed a button on the side of the chessboard. The hologram pieces disappeared, to be replaced with projected three-dimensional diagrams of the Defenders of the Sea's submersible, the Nautilus II. He was entering the first refinements on his plans for the vessel's hijacking when the single gunshot rang out, and the Spaniard's cries were silenced.

It's been a while since I updated the list of Villain Theme Teams' date=' so here it is. We're currently on #70.[/quote']I've been wondering when that would be done next. Cheers for that!

A couple of proofreading bits: #56 is left as a placeholder; and Pounder (63.6) is Brute's twin.