Create a Villain Theme Team!

BoloOfEarth

Re: Create a Villain Theme Team!

A couple of proofreading bits: #56 is left as a placeholder; and Pounder (63.6) is Brute's twin.

Thanks for catching those. I've corrected the PDF, and added a heading at the top of the document. (Should probably have made it a running head so it's on all pages. Ah, well, maybe next time.)

I'd have repped you for the proofread, but it says I have to spread more rep around first.

Mikele LaPointe, aka Sangre, hummed softly to himself "Swing on a Star". It seemed appropriate to the Maltese thief, given he was breaking into the papal palace of the Vatican itself. Getting in had been easy enough, his temporary anchor placed in the building ahead of time when he had pretended to be a mere ecclesiastic clerk. His hand still ached slightly, though the 19th Century gem-encrusted tiara Napoleon had given Pius VII now tucked safely in his knapsack with the bloodstained handkerchief made up for the pain. Two corners to turn, pop open the window, then zipline out of there...no need to use his powers again.

"HALT!"

Sangre bit back a curse and started to run instead. As he ran, he twisted his right index finger on his glove. A long thin blade popped out. He could hear the footsteps pounding harder behind him. Apparently, his pursuer had gained reinforcements. There was no way his current escape plan would work. Sangre skidded to a stop, wincing in pain as he sliced open his left palm.

"Hands up and turn around slowly. You're coming with us!"

"Hands up? Oui, I can do that..." Sangre turned around and smiled cheerfully. The guards took a step back involuntarily as they got a good look at his raised left hand. The blood that dripped from it glowed an unearthly red like it was molten metal. Still smiling, Sangre suddenly gripped the air around him and pulled. A bloody void ripped into the air as the air itself screamed like it was in agony.

"...but coming with you? That I cannot do. For your sanity's sake, don't follow me. Godspeed!" Shutting his eyes, Sangre threw himself into the void. After a heartbeat, the hole healed itself, "blood" dripping and then vanished as if it was never there.

Sangre is a teleporter, though not a conventional one. He uses items stained with his blood as an anchor to get from one place to another and can always "sense" where his anchors are -- even if blinded. This is actually a good thing as Mikele feels teleporting with his eyes open isn't a safe thing to do. Though he refuses to go into detail, he's heard and felt things while traversing the Bloody Paths -- and they terrify him. As odd as it sounds, so long as his eyes are shut, he's not vulnerable to whatever is lurking there. The more he carries, the longer it takes for him to traverse from anchor to anchor. He doesn't know if he can carry people (He'd have to warn them to keep their eyes shut as well) and doesn't want to risk it. Sangre always removes his anchor from places he breaks into, but keeps his return anchor(s) in a safe hideout. Of course, if something were to happen to those anchors while he's 'porting...

Thanks for catching those. I've corrected the PDF, and added a heading at the top of the document. (Should probably have made it a running head so it's on all pages. Ah, well, maybe next time.)

I'd have repped you for the proofread, but it says I have to spread more rep around first.

Another correction. Backer of the Corruption has employed The Thief of Everything and her group in the past to remove members of the Corruption who needed to be removed.

Other than that he has no connection to them.

Another correction. Backer of the Corruption has employed The Thief of Everything and her group in the past to remove members of the Corruption who needed to be removed.

Other than that he has no connection to them.

Ah. Sorry, I must have read that one too fast and misunderstood. Thanks. Correction made.

Barcelona comes from Spain and is named after the city. A skilled and profound liar he claims to be have been orphaned there, that his parents conceived him there, that he was found in a hospital as an amnesiac and took the name of the city as his own, or that he was so tired of his name Juan Madrid that he changed it.

Barcelona is a large, seemingly friendy man who possesses a good deal of grace and moves with a fluidity of a dancer. He claims that he is Nijinsky reincarnated in Spain or that he is a clone of Nureyev.

Interpol records suggest that he is a habitual criminal whose kleptomania evolved into a need to steal bigger and better things. He ran into Sangre on one job and Panache on another. Being a very gregarious type he was able to befriend both when he later met them and introduced the former to the latter.

Barcelona prefers to knock out opponents as killing police officers and others really sets the cops after you.

Checkmate is one of the few people that Barcelona does not like or trust and is keeping an eye out on him for Panache as the latter really does not like killing at all.

Barcelona will play the typical thick but loyal goon except with the French and Spanish police who know better.

Here comes No 5.

Alberto Contini was born and grew up in Naples the home of the Camorra, Naples version of the Mafia. He was not a good student but not a bad one. He saw how easy the Mob made money and also what happened to those who disappointed or upset the wrong people. Death. He refused recruitment on the grounds of what he had seen, the gunning down of people and then the death of the gunmen. So the Camorra wrote him off. Sure they kept an eye on him but he seemed mediocore. Alberto was different. He had ambition. He saw what Italians had done in the past like Michalangelo, like Galileo. To be a renaisance man required talent or riches neither of which he possessed. But in his late teens Alberto got superpowers. And then the fun started. He stole from the Mob and left the what he stole with another mobster. Guns and money were one thing but the violence came when Alberto stole something personal to several mobsters and left them with their opponents. In the vitriol and carnage that followed, Alberto left Naples for the North. The Camorra did not miss some of the cash as the police descended upon its ranks. Slowly and carefully Alberto became a burglar of renown and experience, the notorious

La Gazza Ladra, the Thieving Magpie. He also began to cultivate a better persona for himself and learned to speak English, French and Spanish. He also expanded his targets from the Rome area to Turin and Milan and thence into Switzerland, France and Spain.

Interpol started getting interested in him so he decided to leave Italy and Europe for a while. As he reached Canada he was given an invitation to the Cream of Thieves. And he has not looked back since.

Petra Winston once worked for MI6. Now, under the gender-bending name of Sneaky Pete (the only masculine thing about her), she's a supreme cat burglar. She uses many of the tricks she learned in the spy trade to get in, take what she's after, and get out before anyone's the wiser.

She's smart, petite, beautiful, fast, strong, limber, and resourceful. She uses a variety of gadgets, and is a master of at least three disparate martial arts styles.

=======

Next group: The Nightmare League.

During a fight between superheroes and some magical villains, a rift was torn between the Dreamland and our corporeal reality. It took several weeks, but presently five great nightmare beasts escaped, ready to spread their terror in the waking world.

My apologies to everyone.

The night air was cut by screams of panic. Then thunderous footsteps shook the earth beneath them. Officers Harding and Williamson responded immediately, calling for meta-human backup on their way.

Officer harding stopped dead in her tracks and stared. Eyes wide and mouth agape she could only blink and hope that it was a hallucination. She slowly turned to her partner and found him staring as well his radio still in hand.

Then a cherubic squeal hudreds of decibels tore through the night and an enourmous, cartoonishly obese anthropomorphic bunny rabbit with huge innocent eyes lunged at a fleeing autombile and snatched it in its buck-toothed mouth flinging the vehicle in the air and catching it. The passengers screamed.

Fluffy the Cottontailed was free at last.

THE ALICORN

This hunter-killer beast of Nightmare is a manifestation of vengeance. In shape, it appears as an Alicorn, a great winged unicorn gray as morning light, with hooves and horn of starlight and a mane and tail like smoke on the autumn wind. Its huge wings are like eagles’ wings, with every pinion bright and white as snow and light as gossamer, and its eyes are pale as stars. The Alicorn is impossibly, heartbreakingly beautiful; its appearance alone is enough to awaken feelings of unworthiness in even the coarsest and hardest souls.

Though it has the shape of a magical beast, the Alicorn has both wit and will, with a formidable, cold intelligence and a deep comittment to its mission of vengeance. The Alicorn has and uses at its own discretion various spell-like powers, including Inescapable Location, which allows it to follow its quarry wherever the quarry runs, and Compulsion, Fascination and Dreamwalk, which the Alicorn uses to make the victim become obsessed with it.

The Alicorn possesses endless stamina for the chase, never tiring as it haunts its quarry, appearing to the victim only to disappear if approached, leaving no tangible sign of its presence and driving its victim to distraction with the longing to touch it. The Alicorn uses its Selective Invisibility power to make it unseen and undetectable by any but the victim, and visits the victim’s dreams via Dreamwalking whenever that person sleeps.

Once the victim is completely obsessed by the Alicorn, it uses the spell-like power Whisper of Doubt to make the victim begin to believe that his own unworthiness is the reason he can never approach or touch the object of his obsession -- and will never be able to. At this point, the Alicorn departs, leaving the heartbroken victim to follow after, struggling to catch glimpses of the beloved being and tormented by dreams of the Alicorn. Eventually the victim, prompted by the workings of the Whisper of Doubt, comes to believe that his only hope of ever embracing the Alicorn is to beg it to take his life; a life which had become ever more wretched since the visitations began.

And when the victim finally begins begging the Alicorn to kill him, the Nightmare prolongs the agony, playing coy, dancing away and shying back from the victim until it senses the victim’s mind is on the verge of snapping -- and then it delivers the coup de grace, a thrust to the heart with that starlight horn

My apologies to everyone.

The night air was cut by screams of panic. Then thunderous footsteps shook the earth beneath them. Officers Harding and Williamson responded immediately, calling for meta-human backup on their way.

Officer harding stopped dead in her tracks and stared. Eyes wide and mouth agape she could only blink and hope that it was a hallucination. She slowly turned to her partner and found him staring as well his radio still in hand.

Then a cherubic squeal hudreds of decibels tore through the night and an enourmous, cartoonishly obese anthropomorphic bunny rabbit with huge innocent eyes lunged at a fleeing autombile and snatched it in its buck-toothed mouth flinging the vehicle in the air and catching it. The passengers screamed.

Fluffy the Cottontailed was free at last.

teh Bunny?

?

Isn't "alicorn" the word for a unicorn's horn?

Lucius Alexander

Tries putting wings on a palindromedary

I know Piers Anthony used alicorn as a winged unicorn in one of his Incarnations of Immortality books (and played with the origin of the word).

(Note: From my actual nightmares as a kid. It was enough to wake me up and cry for mommy)

The Evil Midget

He is a maniacal midget cannibal. (3'6"-4'0" ish). You laugh at a midget cannibal do you? You wont be when he uses his superspeed and superleaping to jump on your shoulders and bite down on your neck. And he'll do it so quick that by the time you can try to scream it will be too late, you will only be able to gasp from one last second of life, as you bleed out, while he is having you for his meal.

Note: Yes, in the dream as a kid, he has some kind of incredible superspeed. Doing some quick hopping that my "eyes" in the dream could only barely keep up with. The next thing I knew he was on my shoulder grabbing my neck with his clawed gnarled fingers and about ready to bite down, when I woke up.

James knew he was awake, but somehow this was just like the nightmares he had as a kid. The pursuit he was sure would end with him cornered, fearing for his life. But he couldn't help but run, searching for someplace - anyplace - to hide. Not that it would do him any good. There was no stopping it, and the preternatural evil wouldn't stop searching until it found him.

As James ducked down the alley, he heard the slap of the oversize feet behind him. He ran past the trash barrels, desperately trying each door he passed but finding each one locked. Yes, just as in his nightmares. The footsteps were getting closer, so James bolted further into the alleyway, only to find his way blocked by a brick wall. He turned around, his knees quivering and his heart pounding, and faced his most feared foe.

James saw the loose-fitting white outfit covered with multicolored dots, the red fright wig and large red bulb nose, the face painted white with a large fake smile. As James begged for mercy, Mr. Chuckles gave the horn in his left hand a loud "HONK" and raised the rubber chicken in his right, blood from the last victim still dripping from its beak....

when the water rises

all under the tide will drown

don't loss your mind in the torrent

of the water pouring down

a solution to pollution

the goblins down the well

a stipulated stitch

to dispel the stench

the gas settled in the trench

and now we are no more

leaving life in horror

Fishhead has gas the whole neighborhood.

?

Isn't "alicorn" the word for a unicorn's horn?

Erm, yes AND no, depending on the period.

The Roman writer Pliny in his "natural history" claimed that the horn of the unicorn (a beast which probably resulted from the confounding of traveller's descriptions of rhinos and antelopes) was composed of three colours; red, blue and black. I believe he was the first Westerner to refer to unicorn horn as "alicorn", a term he apparently borrowed from Arabic.

In the Middle Ages, "alicorn" was often used interchangeably with "unicorn", in reference to the creature itself. However, another common usage referred to an amulet supposedly crafted from the horn of a unicorn. As in Pliny's description, the horn in these amulets was generally tri-coloured, with several distinct stripes -- usually of red and white, with purple, black, blue or silver as a third colour. When in the presence of poison, these amulets would change colour; "alicorns" also possessed the power to neutralise poisons and purify food and water by touch.

I know Piers Anthony used alicorn as a winged unicorn in one of his Incarnations of Immortality books (and played with the origin of the word).

I wasn't aware of this.

I don't know who first resurrected the term "alicorn" for a winged unicorn, but since I really dislike Piers Anthony and make a practice of avoiding his writing, his books are probably not where I encountered the usage.

I wasn't aware of this.

I don't know who first resurrected the term "alicorn" for a winged unicorn, but since I really dislike Piers Anthony and make a practice of avoiding his writing, his books are probably not where I encountered the usage.

Yeah, I didn't find out about Anthony's unsavoryness until after I read the series. :P *shudder*

Anyway...

I'm proficient in Macs and PCs. I can type 70 WPM. I can unjam the stupid copier (for the 12th time YOU it [bLEEP]ed up) without calling in a technician. I always have a fresh pot brewed in the mornings (not that you ever thank me). I order supplies without anyone having to remind me. I screen your calls. I sort your mail. I always smile and pretend not to hear the gossip from the clueless interns you're [bLEEP]ing on the side and the catcalls from the "old boys network" who think I'm showing too much cleavage/not pretty enough.

I know your schedule.

I know all your passwords.

I have access to your electronic signature.

I have copies of all your keys, including the three safe-deposit boxes you have hidden away.

I know the numbers and addresses of your wife, both your mistresses, your lawyer, and the broker you funnel inside trade information to.

I have permission to pick up your snot-nosed little brats from the private school you've shipped them out to.

I OWN you.

I'm just waiting on the order on when to strike.

Call me...Admin.