Create a Villain Theme Team!

BoloOfEarth

Re: Create a Villain Theme Team!

(Brushing off an old character of mine from the 4th edition days, created by Malachite to learn the weaknesses of the PC heroes.)

The man known only as John Doe had no memory prior to waking up in one of Teleios' labs and breaking free. He operated mostly as a thief and information gatherer for five years, breaking into places to steal things to pay the bills while he tried to learn who he had been before Teleios apparently wiped his memory. Despite his amnesia, he knows how to use every weapon known to man (with great skill) and can pick most any lock and bypass most any alarm system. When he looks at people, they are overlaid with diagrams of pressure points and other potential weaknesses. When viewing known superhumans and aliens, John Doe also sees a list of their abilities, vulnerabilities, and other combat information.

After getting recaptured by Teleios, John realized that he wasn't just somebody whose memory Teleios had erased. Rather, he was a wholesale creation, engineered to gather information on the heroes and report that back to Teleios. This angered John greatly, so when he heard about others like him, he was eager to join the Telions.

[John Doe is in all physical respects a normal human, albeit one at peak condition. His extraordinary nature comes from his ability to grab any weapon, hand-to-hand or firearm, and use it to potentially lethal effect against almost any target. (In pre-6th days, this equated to an Cone-Effect Find Weakness with some Limitations.)]

You actually wrote up a HERO version of the title character from a TV show, and

made him a 'Teleios Special' to boot?! You fiend!

Did you hang the "Physical Limitation: Can only see in black and white" on him as

well?

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

You actually wrote up a HERO version of the title character from a TV show, and

made him a 'Teleios Special' to boot?! You fiend!

There was a TV show with this character? I never saw it. And no, he wasn't color-blind in my game.

I actually based him off the main character in a book by Michael Stackpole (A Gathering Evil, based on the Dark Conspiracy RPG).

"I am the terrible Teal Tulip!!! Fall to your knees or face my wrath!"

The short teen male, wearing a blue-green jumpsuit that was at least a size too large, raised his arms. As he did so, the water in the fountain behind him rose up like a standing wave, reaching over 6 feet high and hanging menacingly over the mall shoppers before they scattered to escape.

Suddenly, there was a flash of light above as a hole was melted in the skylight far overhead. Through it flew a young woman dressed in a fanciful sailor-type outfit, her long red hair flaring behind her as she dropped to land in front of Teal Tulip.

"Ah," said Teal Tulip with a smile. "So good of you to come, Super Magical Sailor Ruby!"

Oh, great, Ruby thought. Emerald gets chased by that Crysathemum guy, who at least looks like a jock wannabe, and I get the waterboy. Just once, I'd like to meet the jerk who comes up with this stuff! Boy, will I have words with HIM!

Rodney Goldenberg is the Dark Blossom Knight whose personality perhaps changes the least between his civilian and villain forms. He's a rich kid who practically runs the Photography/Videography club at school, and has a creepy stalkerish obsession with the teen superheroine Cheer Girl. (Who would be glad she lives in another city, if she knew about him.) As Tarnished Goldenrod, however, he has a creepy stalkerish obsession with Princess Topaz.

Tarnished Goldenrod has the ability to exude hyperallergenic pollen clouds that make people sneeze, cough, tear up, and/or itch furiously. He can control the effects and intensity at will, and is trying to develop new, more lethal reactions. He's also a little more flexible in his tactics than the other Knights; Goldenrod often carries small gadgets (real-world, can be bought with money) to assist him. His primary tactical weakness is that whenever he gets one of his opponents in a disadvantageous/humiliating/provocative position, he must take time out to record the event with his minicameras.

Paul Whittaker is one of the kids you do not notice atschool. Not big enough for the front lines of the offence/defence of the football team, not lithe or fast enough to be a gymnast or athlete, not bright enough to be a nerd, not enough of a smart mouth to be the harpy or smart alec, not stupid enough or enough of a victim to lose themselves in drugs. He just did not stand out. Until whatever was behind the Dark Blossom decided he should. Now he appears as Imperial Snap Dragon, a large muscled 20 foot dragon decorated all across his body with flower motifs. He has tried eating people and flame grilling others who have mocked his appearance. His voice is a deep bass so again even without the wings, the flowers and the fire breath, he is instantly memorable. Imperial Snap Dragon demands the best in life and so he wants diamonds. Like Diamond Lily of the Gemstars who he pursues relentlessly to the exclusion of anything else. He even intimidates the other knights (despite the fact that as a dragon he is covered in pretty flowers).

New Team: and now for something completely different. An audition process. The Sisters of Ultimate Evil are looking for new members. The core group are three bricks, two are Caucasian and one is African American. They do not have any travelling powers like Teleportation or flight. However there are certain restrictions on who can join the team.

Rule No 1. You must be female

Rule No 2. The costume must not be a bikini or a negligee.

Rule No 3. They must have some semblence of mental stability. ie No man haters, murderous psychopaths, Manchester United/Dallas Cowboy supporters

Rule No 4. They must be over the age of consent

Rule No 5. They must have established themselves as a villain

Rule No 6. They must be able to work as part of a team and take orders.

Rule No 7. They must have a power that will fit in with the rest of the team or benefit it such as flight.

Rule No 8. They must be able to at least tolerate Johnny Cash and Roy Orbison music.

Rule No 9. They must be able to work for masterminds without a problem.

The youngest of the three main members is Caucasian, cropped platinum blonde hair and wears a lavender Wonder Woman style costume which has twin skulls on the chest and also knee high boots again with skulls at the knees. She has an odd luck power which causes her victims to survive without serious injuries despite being punche/kicked through plate glass windows or thrown up onto a roof and then coming down the other side.

The African American is Good Night Gracie who has the most experience but is no leader. She was the first recruit and has had more success now than she did before. Known as the gangster rapper's bodyguard in the 80s where she was renamed by some employers as Good Time Gracie. She is fondly remembered by the police as the woman who broke a pool table over her emloyer.

The leader of the group is again Caucasian with dark hair. She only shows her head above the costume and wears a cape. (Yes I had not picked names for them and don't write these up) The group is famous for a chant if someone really hacks them off. 'Our name is S.U.E. How do you do ? Now you are going to die !' Minimum 5 applicants, maximum 10.

Mary Kramer was very happy and successful as a defense lawyer, providing (high-priced) legal counsel for many of the accused. Ms. Kramer had a very respectable record, especially in dealing with paranormal law (her specialty). Because of this, the young African-American lawyer was sought after by many supervillains and criminal agencies. (PRIMUS suspects that the local VIPER Nest has Ms. Kramer on permanent retainer.) But this success and fame would be her undoing, as she was in court at Binder's pretrial hearing when the other Ultimates arrived to break their leader free.

Mary was standing near the local PRIMUS Silver Avenger when he was double-teamed by Blackstar and Radium. The "splash" from the radiation and gravitational waves somehow caused Mary to develop powers of her own (and also, unfortunately, caused a mental and ethical shift in the young lawyer). Discovering that she had the ability to create, control, and disperse microscopic black holes, Ms. Kramer took on the name of Entropy (woe to anyone who tries calling her "Black Hole"). Her control is precise enough to create wormholes to any location on Earth that she has previously "tagged" with a nano-scale stable singularity, creating teleport "gates" for her teammates.

Unlike many other supervillains, Entropy doesn't wear a costume, preferring rather severe business attire in black or charcoal gray. While she's not highly experienced as a supervillain, the other members of S.U.E. let her slide because they figured that her being a lawyer was close enough. For now, she grits her teeth and bites her tongue when exposed to Cash or Orbison music, though it's starting to grow on her.

• 4 months later...

An excerpt from Delta Dawn's interview...

"Right, so there's this brother and sister who totally hate each other's guts and are rich enough to fund a private war over taking the other out. Real cartoonish stuff. Except, y'know, it isn't. The brother decides he's adding shocktroops on top of his 'named' guys, so his sister decides to do the same. That's where I came in, as a member of the then-newly created 'White Claws'.

Yeah, the brother and sister were a bit cuckoo. They both had this whole bird theme going on. Owls versus Vultures. Brother had 'Talons', so we were the 'White Claws'. Anyway, I was getting bored with the military, but still looking for action, so a friend of a friend of a cousin hooked me up here. I thought it was private security! Oooh boy... My commander 'Zealot'? Complete and utter BITCH! And yet another brother and sister combo who have 'issues' with each other and are willing to blow up a couple of city blocks to say 'Hi! You suck!'. Yeah, Zealot's brother works for the Vultures...long story. Totally irrelevant to me though. Anyway, I don't know if Zealot hates other women or just hates women who can stand up to her and kick her ass, but she really did NOT like me.

Look, I'll put myself on the line for my troops and friends. Or a cause I can believe in. Or guaranteed profit! And I will take out a threat by whatever means necessary. But I did NOT sign up for 'Dr. Phil -- Now With More Needless Death'! So I 'liberated' my body armor and weapons and told Zealot where she could stick it! No, she's not gonna come after me. Not until she sticks Cavalier's head on a spike or some BS like that. Besides, I think the US government would frown on the whole 'private army' crap between the Owls and the Vultures. At least VIPER has a better motive for their fighting! Sheesh...

Yes, I know my 'villain resume' isn't as long or as flashy as some of the others. That's mercenary work for ya. On the other hand, I haven't been arrested yet. And it seems to me your group could benefit to having someone who knows a thing or three about organizing small unit tactics -- especially out in the field."

Delta Dawn (not her real name, she prefers to keep that 'classified' -- not only for her own protection but for S.U.E. as well) was a former Navy officer. Fed up with the lack of advancement in her career by what she perceived to be a bias against her gender, she looked into what she thought was the lucrative private security business and got tangled up as cannon fodder in the war between the Owls of Athena and the Vultures of Mars. She accorded herself well as a White Claw, but she didn't know that Zealot hated any woman who could be a threat to her in skills (After all this time griping about 'weak women' too...).

DD's body armor, painted camo green and black, augments and enhances her strength and reflexes, enabling her to hold her own in a fight against most bricks. The armor is capable of short bursts of flight and has built-in flash protection for both sight and sound plus a breathing filter against poisonous/knockout gasses. She is armed with what can best be described as a "pulse laser" for stunning purposes, though if needed she can bump it up to more deadly force. Ego aside, she actually is as good at leading small unit tactics as she claims to be.

DD has heard of some joker calling himself Black Wasp and thinks he's a rank amateur...

Black Raven was a Chinese woman trying to get started in America and bring her family and friends over. However they got picked up by the Triads and would have to work long and hard to 'earn their freedom'. So Black Raven infiltrated the Triad's operation and was trying to get her relatives and friends out or at least get information about them to those that could. Unfortunately the infamous Johnny Lo caught her in the act. Although outnumbered by Johnny and his men, Black Raven prepared to give her life dearly using the martial arts skills she had learned and developed since early childhood. When suddenly help arrived from an unexpected quarter.

One of the walls was knocked through and three Occidental women appeared. The leader was flanked by the other two. One of these was an African American with corn row hair with a uniform that was not really distinctive but was functional. The other and obviously youngest member was almost wearing her bedroom clothes and boots, all of these had skulls on them. Black Raven would never wear anything so revealing or shameful. The leader wore a cape with her costume and the only flesh visible was her head. She had an air of authority and was all business. Ignoring Black Raven she concentrated on Johnny. 'Well, well, well, Johnny Lo. 'You called us, ahem, 'good time girls' and I forgive you for that. 'You called us only fit for a speciality night in a brothel, and I just about to forgive you for that. 'You cast doubt on our professionalism and I'll forgive you for that. 'But you said that Elvis was a better singer than Johnny Cash and for that there is no forgiveness. 'Our name is S.U.E. 'How do you do ? 'Now you're going to die !'

And with that all three women began to take apart the Triad goons. Some of these went for the people they were trafficking only to find Black Raven was not some simpering girl they could intimidate. She used her skills to keep them back and when they closed to disable them. When she became aware of someone moving behind her she did a major kick which buried her opponent in the brickwork. Black Raven then found to her horror that it was not Johnny Lo who she had hit but the leader of this trio of women. 'Gracie, could you give me a hand out of this ?' said the woman and the African American picked her colleague out of the wall. The two women exchanged a look and the leader spoke again, 'If we need a martial artist we now know who to look for. Let's leave her to her friends while we sort out Johnny's superiors' Black Raven freed her family and friends and has helped to hide and disperse them amongst the Chinese community first in California and then the rest of the States. Black Raven wishes to apologise to the women for her error and for thier help in getting her people free. But does not know where to begin. Others on the other hand do.....

Virago:

Virago was a female body builder who got lured into the henching game when a criminal scientist offered her an enhancement serum which would boost her muscles into low end brick capability. She needs regular doses to keep from losing tone, and her criminal career is aimed at ensuring a steady supply of Booster. Neither bright, nor ambitious, she is obsessed with her own body's appearance and power, but has a good reputation as reliable and impressive-looking muscle. She remains unaware that the name her first boss gave her means "manlike" and she likes how it sounds. Her current costume consists of stylized gladiator armour, which has energy blasters built into the arm guards. Most of her experience is with hand to hand combat though, and she's not a very good shot.

Virago:

She remains unaware that the name her first boss gave her means "manlike" and she likes how it sounds.

From Wiktionary:

virago (plural viragos)

1.A large, strong, courageous or aggressive woman

2.A noisy, scolding, or domineering woman

This accords with how I've always seen the word used before.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that it is, however, apparently derived from a Latin root meaning "man" and would seem to be cognate with words like virile and virility, and not, for example, words like virgin or virgo.

Delta Dawn....'s body armor, painted camo green and black, augments and enhances her strength and reflexes, enabling her to hold her own in a fight against most bricks. The armor is capable of short bursts of flight and has built-in flash protection for both sight and sound plus a breathing filter against poisonous/knockout gasses. She is armed with what can best be described as a "pulse laser" for stunning purposes, though if needed she can bump it up to more deadly force. Ego aside, she actually is as good at leading small unit tactics as she claims to be.

Delta Dawn, what's that armor you've got on?

Could it be a powered suit that lets you fly?

Lucius Alexander

Far away, on a palindromedary that's already running

• 2 weeks later...

Tally:

Good Time Gracie

Entropy

Delta Dawn

Black Raven

Virago

Now time for one of my own (first post btw!):

Daisy Helmes was your typical highscooler - an African American aged 20 studying the sciences in university, teased by her peers for being too brainy and not doing enough sport. One day though, whilst doing a lab experiment, she accidentally mixed the wrong chemicals together, creating a strange solution that she toppled over her arms.

She later discovered that she had grown an uncanny strength in those arms, able to lift weights like she had never before. Motivated by revenge against her peers who had mocked her, she donned the identity of Strongarm and with nothing but her raw strength, vowed revenge.

Her main weakness though is that her only power comes from her arms, her other limbs are as weak as they were before.

-----------------

That's 6 members, so I guess I'll start my own team:

5erpent

A team of underground crime lords who specialize in the drug trade and black market business, they don identities as various kinds of serpents and put a stop to all those who get in the way of their business. The main reason though for the villainy is pure sadism: the members are all sadists at heart, and love nothing else than seeing and hearing the pain of other humans' misfortune.

Members: 5

Theme: serpents

I should've mentioned that they all have serpent-related powers (e.g poison, constriction, camouflage).

Anyhow, I'll start it off with King Kobra - the boss behind the whole affair, King Kobra runs the show of 5erpent, organizing the crimes from behind the scens with a deranged mind. He is well built, and the one who enjoys the most out of others' pain, after a car accident involving a drunk driver drove him to the brink of hating humanity. The car accident left him paralyzed, that is - until he was given a prosthetic spine, and with a few modifications - made it ultra-flexible to the extent that he could wrap his body around others' and constrict them, slowly crushing their internal organs until they died.

Okay, first we'll close out S.U.E.:

Jennifer Cash was an orphan as long as she could remember. She later learned that she was dropped off at the orphanage by a woman with burn-scarred arms, which made sense once Jenny reached puberty and her fire powers manifested. Jenny wasn't very popular at the orphanage, especially after she set a few fires to frighten the other orphans. She was always careful not to let the adults see her, so mostly her fellow orphans got blamed for the fires and accused of "making up stories" when they claimed Jenny was causing the fires.

By the time she ran away and set off on her own (at age 15), Jenny was already well on her way to becoming a supervillain. She practiced her powers enough that she could control her flames. One of her favorite tricks is creating fire rings to surround targets. It is because of this that she took the name "Firering" despite people often thinking she is calling herself "Firing."

And now, to add a new member to 5erpent...

Bartholomew Trotter has an eidetic memory as well as a great head for numbers, which served him well as a bookkeeper for the local mob boss. Trotter also has a very nasty mind, reveling in the pain and suffering of others. That sadistic tendency may be why it took him quite a while to discover that he was actually responsible for a lot of the pain and suffering of those around him. He can actually manipulate reality -- specifically, the probabilities of things happening or not happening. Of course, this discovery quickly led to the "accidental" death of the mob boss and the inexplicable selection of Trotter as his replacement. He considered various other supervillain names (such as Snafu or Triskadek), but when he heard about the formation of the 5erpents, he quickly took the name Adder.

Terance Zahn was always a little disturbing. Even as a small child people prefered to avoid him wherever possible. It wasn't anything he did, he just disturbed people. Not that he minded. It even came in handy starting in middle school when the schools bullies decided it was better to make friends with him rather than get huim angry with them. They were so disturb by him, they wouldn't even implicate him later in the crimes he had them commit. The upcoming gangster gravitated into the black market. His distrubing nature kept even the most hardened customs inspector from keeping him around too long.

One day he decided to take over the operation, and shot the gang's leader. Later one of the other gang members said.

"You didn't have to kill him. The way you rattle people he'd probably have stepped aside."

After Zahn shot him and disposed of the body he considered what the man had said. Zahn had considered moving into the more lucratuive but violet world of drug smuggling. A more fearsome persona wouldn't go amiss. So he hired a scientist to create a sonic device to destory a person's equilibrium. He made sure the device made a sound like a rattlesnake. Then he doned a costume and struck into the drug trade. Three months later King Kobra showed up. As one of the few people who could face him without showing signs of nerves Zahn agreed to join the Serpents. He's debating weither he should kill Kobra, but for now Rattler acts with great loalty.

I should've mentioned that they all have serpent-related powers (e.g poison, constriction, camouflage).

Anyhow, I'll start it off with King Kobra - the boss behind the whole affair, King Kobra runs the show of 5erpent, organizing the crimes from behind the scens with a deranged mind. He is well built, and the one who enjoys the most out of others' pain, after a car accident involving a drunk driver drove him to the brink of hating humanity. The car accident left him paralyzed, that is - until he was given a prosthetic spine, and with a few modifications - made it ultra-flexible to the extent that he could wrap his body around others' and constrict them, slowly crushing their internal organs until they died.

He especially likes to do that to people who point out that cobras aren't constricting snakes.

• 2 weeks later...

Tranh Nyguen aka Krait handles 5erpents' stealth affairs. Unlike his namesake, however, there is nothing docile about him. Holding black belts in Snake Kung Fu and Nhat Nam, this unassuming man has caused over one-hundred victims to disappear. He prides himself in being practically undetectable. Whether he's actually a meta of some sort remains to be seen. A fiend in unarmed combat, he's pragmatic enough to have hidden on himself a sash that can double as a garrote and a skewer of super-hardened plastic.

Maria Stavros prefers a more subtle approach in dealing with threats. An expert in various toxins (strychnine is a personal favorite) and drugs, Maria was initially rebuffed for her request in being made a member of 5erpent. At least until she pointed out that Hamadryad was another name for the cobra, thus winning over King Kobra. As beautiful as she is deadly, Maria loves nothing more than stalking her chosen victim and drawing out his agony for months (though, she's familiar with enough quick-acting poisons that can pass for natural causes if needed).

Not only is Maria an expert on poison, she has the mutant ability to produce any toxin or venom as well as immunity to all poisons and drugs herself. Of course, that immunity extends to beneficial drugs as well, so Maria does everything she can to make sure she's never in any immediate danger. She's not told the rest of the team about her powers. Currently, she's weighing her options between King Kobra and Rattler, carefully determining which man could be easier to manipulate.

That unknown mad scientist behind Beast Blood is at it again! This time, he's decided that where he went wrong was the human factor, so he's decided to go back to the drawing board, apply his enzyme and genetic manipulations onto seven regular, usually harmless animals. Unfortunately, he succeeded more than his wildest dreams. Gifted now with keen and deadly intellects -- as well as other dangerous abilities -- The Unnatural Predators are ready to wreak havoc upon mankind!

How many members, C?

CES

I think he mentioned 5 members.

Member #4:

Preston Connors III is a rich business man. A regal of high society. And a pillar of the community. Or, at least that's what everyone else thinks. Preston Connors III is really the villain Snake Charmer. Preston was always fascinated by snakes. He had a pet snake when he was only 4 years old, and could make him do anything.

When he was 12, he was on a hiking trip with one of his lemonade stand competitors. He was trying once again to get him to get him to just give him his stand.

While they were hiking he saw a rattler. He "told" the rattler to bite his competitor, and it did. He smiled as he watched the young boy die right in front of him. Then after he died, he did such a great job in convincing the adults that he tried everything he could to save the boy that he got a reward for it. A reward for getting rid of competition. He liked that.

He practiced "talking" to snakes and he could make them do anything. At 21 years of age, he had 2 businesses. The posh above board business and the drug/competitor elimination business. He joined up with King Kobra. But Kobra doesn't know who Snake Charmer is. He's never met him. A snake simply arrived at his door with a note in its mouth. The note said: "I represent Snake Charmer. He works for you now. Just tell ANY snake what you need him to do. His specialty is eliminating competition."

Of, course Snake Charmer is going to take over King Kobra's business in time. He can be very patient when he wants to be. He just want to test his group out. See if they will work for him as easily and completely as any snakes would. Then eventually, he will try to take over VIPER itself. He loves being in charge of "snakes".