Create a Villain Theme Team!

BoloOfEarth

Dr. Corpse brushed some imagined dust off the brim of his black top hat, set the hat on the table beside him, and picked up his glass of whiskey. "In any group of mad scientists, the pre-eminent member must, of course, be Dr. Victor Von Frankenstein." He ignored Dr. Maximinian's snort of derision and took a sip. "I have it on good authority that Mary Shelley's so-called creation was actually an homage to a real-life medical doctor and scientist -- a pioneer in my very field." He paused in thought. "You know, I wonder if in fact that long-ago doctor was an ancestor of mine. Wouldn't that be remarkable?"

'I can't help but wonder what happened to Manfred von Schloss Adler' mused Professor Mayhem.

'Who was he ?' asked The Assistant

'Dr Annihilation' replied the Architect, 'and it is no surprise that Comrade Professor is interested in him after all he pinched his ideas for the Soviet Union'

Mayhem turned red with rage and was about to roar when Dr Numax!'s hologram interrupted them. 'Gentlemen please. Both of you benefitted from his work. So neither is in a position to accuse the other of jealousy, envy or plaigarism'

'I never heard of him' said The Designer. 'Care to elaborate ?'

As the Professor subsided the Architect continued 'Manfred designed machines for the 3rd Reich. Most of these were impractical but the main thing was they were always huge which is the link to our Russian colleague. Many of his machines were stopped from going beyond prototype stage by the sheer scale demanded and frequent attacks by bombers, British intelligence and the French Resistance. At the end of the war there was a race to get German scientists and Manfred found himself between Russian and American snatch squads. He soom found out that if one side did not get him they were prepared to kill him to stop the others getting him'

Mayhem sneered audibly at this point. The Architect ignored him and continued on.

'It was at this point that Manfred had his first real success. A robot man he created acrivated and killed the oppossing soldiers. He was then able to escape the country and made his way to South America. There he found himself derided by the ex-patriate German colony and it was then that the fledging organisation Viper got hold of him. Which is the link to me. Viper could get hold of guns no problem but they needed bigger machines and thus the career of Dr Annihilation began. It was remarkable quiet for years until the 60s when his machines constantly clashed with American heroes, the American military, British Intelligence operatives and United Nations special agents. The one problem he had is the same one that bothers the Professor, size matters.'

Mayhem scowled and rejoined 'I am quite capable of using minaturisation but in most of my work it is not appropriate'

'That was the problem with Manfred. He would not use a small calibre when bigger was available which inevitably cause weight concerns. Why use 50mm when 88mm was standard or 105mm was available ? The same was true for jets and even radios. It also meant his designs had to be piloted and needed several people to work them. It made them easy to spot and attack but defeating them was always difficult'

Here the Architect paused. 'The oil crisis and stagflation put paid to his schemes. Even Viper could not afford them. Last he was heard of was in Brazil looking for El Dorado or some sort of artifact that would empower his designs. Nothing has been heard of him since 1974. The KGB 'borrowed' his designs and the Professor has been employed ever since'

Profesor Robert Steriaca smiled as one name expelled out of his lips. "The master of wierd science, you runts, is Profesor DePower. He was a mad scientist supervillian active durring the so called 'golden age'. He became obsessed with aquiering, creating, and/or 'stealing' powers from other people. Rumor has it that he is still very much alive and active. Hopping about like a demented but briliant midget. It is oveous that his creator based him as a homage to..."

Profesor Mayhem interupted. "Enougth about this 'the world is a role playing game' fanticy of yours. It is getting old realy quickly."

Steriaca pulled out a gun and quickly shot Profesor Mayhem with his pattened Voice Flash Ray , then continued. "As I was saying...an homage to the golden age supervillian of comic book fame, Doctor Savana. Just because you can't copehend my Seeker Missles dosen't mean that the world is NOT a role playing game. Besides, I got your stats in Champions Complete format, if you like to see."

Fascinated by Western culture and medicine, Doctor Shanghai cashed out of his profitable position in the opium trade and moved to London, where he combined his knowledge of traditional Chinese herbalism and alchemy with new concepts like electricity and radium therapy. Publicly, he distributes a profitable line of tinctures and other medicines purported to cure everyday ailments. Privately, he maintains an estate where he tests new compounds and treatments on human subjects, some of whom are willing. Recently he has been in talks to merge his operation with multinational pharmaceutical conglomerate GlaxineProcsmith.

Dr. Shanghai is a tall man of slim build, who appears to be in his thirties despite his impossible age. It is assumed that some of his most closely guarded formulas are the reason for his continued youth and good health. His laugh is disquieting, not only because it is high and tittering, but because he doesn't smile when he does so.

Fascinated by Western culture and medicine, Doctor Shanghai cashed out of his profitable position in the opium trade and moved to London, where he combined his knowledge of traditional Chinese herbalism and alchemy with new concepts like electricity and radium therapy. Publicly, he distributes a profitable line of tinctures and other medicines purported to cure everyday ailments. Privately, he maintains an estate where he tests new compounds and treatments on human subjects, some of whom are willing. Recently he has been in talks to merge his operation with multinational pharmaceutical conglomerate GlaxineProcsmith.

Dr. Shanghai is a tall man of slim build, who appears to be in his thirties despite his impossible age. It is assumed that some of his most closely guarded formulas are the reason for his continued youth and good health. His laugh is disquieting, not only because it is high and tittering, but because he doesn't smile when he does so.

while I like it as it has the Fu Man Chu vibe, which of the MITT likes him ?

The Architect of Desire sat back in his chair, steepled his fingers, and smiled. "One of my role models has always been Frank Lloyd Wong."

"You mean Frank Lloyd Wright, don't you?" asked BB absently, flipping through a magazine.

"No," replied the Architect as if talking to a four year-old, which made BB scowl. "I most definitely meant 'Wong.' He was an Asian-American architect in the late 1980s. His parents named him in honor of Wright, but the young Wong took an... unusual approach to building design."

BB set aside her magazine, and her irritation. "Unusual in what manner?"

"He combined early AI technology and microbots to create truly organic buildings. His goal was for the AI to direct microbots to subtly adjust the building's internal structure to better meet the owner's desires, most often making changes while residents were sleeping."

The Architect grinned sheepishly. "Unfortunately, the AIs became hostile toward residents, so they directed microbots to make structural changes that were ultimately dangerous to residents. Nothing structurally unsound, mind you. Just things that caused injuries -- or in several cases, fatalities."

With a smirk, BB asked, "And this made him your role model?"

"What made him my role model was that he wasn't afraid to think outside the box."

The Assistant leaned over to whisper to Professor Mayhem. "Or to trap the people living there inside the box..."

- - - - - - -

New Team: The Remotes

This team of five villains never appear themselves, but can only work through proxies (be they agents, robots, summoned creatures, etc.). In each case, the villain *must* work remotely for a good reason (crippled, trapped somewhere, etc.) that should be specified by the poster. Please also find a way to make your villain's proxy unique in some way.

The Architect of Desire sat back in his chair, steepled his fingers, and smiled. "One of my role models has always been Frank Lloyd Wong."

"You mean Frank Lloyd Wright, don't you?" asked BB absently, flipping through a magazine.

"No," replied the Architect as if talking to a four year-old, which made BB scowl. "I most definitely meant 'Wong.' He was an Asian-American architect in the late 1980s. His parents named him in honor of Wright, but the young Wong took an... unusual approach to building design."

BB set aside her magazine, and her irritation. "Unusual in what manner?"

"He combined early AI technology and microbots to create truly organic buildings. His goal was for the AI to direct microbots to subtly adjust the building's internal structure to better meet the owner's desires, most often making changes while residents were sleeping."

The Architect grinned sheepishly. "Unfortunately, the AIs became hostile toward residents, so they directed microbots to make structural changes that were ultimately dangerous to residents. Nothing structurally unsound, mind you. Just things that caused injuries -- or in several cases, fatalities."

With a smirk, BB asked, "And this made him your role model?"

"What made him my role model was that he wasn't afraid to think outside the box."

The Assistant leaned over to whisper to Professor Mayhem. "Or to trap the people living there inside the box..."

- - - - - - -

New Team: The Remotes

This team of five villains never appear themselves, but can only work through proxies (be they agents, robots, summoned creatures, etc.). In each case, the villain *must* work remotely for a good reason (crippled, trapped somewhere, etc.) that should be specified by the poster. Please also find a way to make your villain's proxy unique in some way.

Nice use of the group and I love the name of the villain.

The Mastermind known as the Bug works through computer viruses and machinery designed to infect other machinery. His primary base of operations is a factory he took over with some financial shennigans. He uses his viruses and small robots for corporate espionage.

The reason he never appears in public is because he is a sentient computer program who uses the internet as his main base away from interaction with the real world.

CES

Bob drove through the late-night streets as Phil and Tom prepared their equipment.

"So, what's with the blinders?" Phil asked, tapping one of the plastic sheets bolted to the side of the helmet in his lap. It responded with a light 'twangggg.' "Kinda stupid, don't you think?"

"Real stupid, you ask me," muttered Tom as he checked the rope on his grappeling-hook gun.

Bob spoke over his shoulder as he sped up to cut through a yellow light. "You're new, so I don't know if you caught it yet, but the boss is... different. I mean, he's freakin' brilliant, knows how to plan an op like nobody's business. It's almost like he can see the future and plans around things nobody else considers. But... you ever see that TV show Monk?"

Phil nodded. "Yeah, sure, a time or two."

"Well, Ambrose is a bit like that character Monk, or maybe his brother whats-his-name. Boss's got all sorts of phobias, deadly afraid of germs, won't shake anybody's hand, and God forbid you cough or sneeze in his presence. Also afraid of cats, churches, the number eleven, and the smell of fudge. To top it all off, he has acute agoraphobia."

With a puzzled expression, Phil asked, "What's that? Fear of cute sweaters?"

Bob tapped his horn to let the driver in front of him know to move it or lose it. "Sweaters? What the... Oh, no, not angoraphobia. Agora. Fear of open spaces. Boss can't leave the base without passing out. So he added these blinders to our helmets, said they'll 'make us feel more comfortable.' Kills the peripheral vision somethin' fierce, but what can ya do? He's the boss. What he says, goes." He cut between a truck and a cab with inches to spare, earning himself a horn blast and a raised finger, plus a couple of choice words from the cabbie he couldn't hear through their van's closed windows. "Just keep turning your head left and right, and you'll be fine."

Madame Butterfly is under constant surveillance in her Tokyo corporate headquarters by law enforcement and Yakuza alike, who constantly harass her if she tries to leave. Despite this, she is able to maintain control of a worldwide criminal empire through her supernatural ability to manipulate people and chaos. An innocent comment here, a harmless phone call there, a casual gesture, even a flower arrangement--any of these can be the flap of a butterfly's wings that, half a world away, cause crimes to be committed, people to die, and money to flow into her bank accounts. She is the ultimate mistress of subtlety.

Jon Blot is a self styled Otaku. He is also about close to 500 pounds, from a lifetime of watching nothing but anime, and constant eating, and avoiding the outside world. Somehow, he got his mits on a 'portable' robot factory, and uses it to create his dream robot servents. All of them human-looking...if you live in a universe where eveyone looks like an anime charater. Many of them have internal powers which are moddled on famous (and not so famous) anime, manga, and video game charaters. Otaku uses them to rob banks, steal latest anime related stuff, go out for food, and even sometimes the most disgusting job of all...cleaning up after there master.

Arethusa

Water, water everywhere. From the deep seas and oceans to rivers, springs, reservoirs and even stangant ponds. And anywhere there is water can come the Nereid Arethusa. What is more terrifying than someone who can manifest itself from a tap (faucet) ? And the amount of water seems to have no effect on how powerful she can be. However Arethusa is much more dangerous on the open sea. It is she who can communicate with the others as there is water everywhere and she can just project a voice or manifest as a person as need be. She is alson the one that has been combatted and destroyed more times than the others have been encountered. The theory is because there is water everywhere she can never be defeated. The theory is wrong. Aresthusa is the spirit generated by the mind of Magnus Clarkson. Magnus was bludgeoned to death or so his attackers thought and then he was put in an oversized coffin and dumped at the bottom of a lake. He lives. And his mind roams the world as Arethusa. As yet he has no idea who he is or was, who did this to him or why and what he can do about it. Meantime he works with the others.

Someone other than Parish or I gets to pick the next team.

There's a movie coming out soon, so for the next villain team...

Five Giant Kaiju of the Atlantic Rim have emerged from the sea and begun rampaging through major cities! The armed forces of many countries have been called in to try and stop these seemingly unrelated giant monsters! What created them? What city has each one chosen to destroy? And how can they be stopped?!

Emerging out of the boundless energy of the Bermuda Triangle, Octor had decided to destroy Orlando to show the people how small a world they really live in. It's eight tentacles of death are more than enough to knock over any magic mountain. It can only be stopped by putting out its eight eyes.

CES

Years ago a child tired of his turtle so Mum and Dad flushed it down the toilet. However this being New York City something bizarre happened and the creature was mutated. Now after years in the open sea Terrance, the Terror Turtle has returned to lay waste to New York City in revenge for being kicked out so many years before. This gigantic beast can be stopped by combat with another Kaiju, drying out and having to return to the water or by being tricked that there is a female giant turtle around and it is breeding season (pheremones anyone ?)

Navigation to the end of a thread should be accessible on the forum page

In the still rise of the ancient past,

life cradled in the oceans for billions of years.

the salt of the land collected into the soup evolving the mix

The bulk of life still remains in the soup

through Otaku's giant robots

mastermind joined minds with Areathusa

and they seek to bring the land

into the the ocean

to spice the soup.

The turtle is a punk

I see no number set so

New Criteria

Aliens with Alien bodies that are sith lords

opps

I thought they part of the untouchables

I come up with one later

Shipping Crane is armed with lasers and Drones. It walked up to a nuclear power plant. And Lifted the core and now uses it as a power source.

It is radioactive and no one of flesh should approach it.

339421928_55910d4771_o.jpg

opps

I thought they part of the untouchables

I come up with one later

Shipping Crane is armed with lasers and Drones. It walked up to a nuclear power plant. And Lifted the core and now uses it as a power source.

It is radioactive and no one of flesh should approach it.

339421928_55910d4771_o.jpg

I like it. It should not work but it does.

Hmmm... we shouldn't ignore our neighbor to the north...

The giant creature known as Walruvore is a walrus mutated by poorly-sealed toxic waste shipped across the border and dumped in Canada by an unscrupulous international conglomerate. Now almost 60 feet long from back flippers to tusks, Walruvore has a bark that can shatter windows, thick hide that is proof against most normal weapons, and enough mass to squash a tank flat. For some unknown reason, Walruvore has it in for Halifax, though its most recent attack was diverted when Walruvore apparently heard something that piqued his interest. The Canadian military is desperately trying to figure out what it was that got Walruvore's attention.

If you want something less silly, the noise could have been a specific tone, perhaps coming from the engines of a superteam's jumpjet. Personally, though, I'd have it be a Celine Dion concert. We are, after all, talking about a giant walrus, so silly seems rather appropriate.

Number five on our Kaiju hit parade is Tiamatra, Queen Of Dragons. Tiamatra is from outer space, and splash-landed near Hawaii. She rose up, with her five heads (two from a seprate neck atached to her trunk, one on each 'hand', and one on her tail), it is unknown if she can truly be destroyed. It is thought that if her heads were cut off, she might be harmed (much like the hydra of legons), but who knows.

I based her on a original Yu-Gi-Oh! card I created for what is now Yu-Gi-Oh! Custum (at http://ycm.wikia.com ). The card is called Kaiju - Queen Tiamatra.

Next Team: The Mind Slaves Of The Headmaster

Members: 7

Description: The Headmaster has a standard method of operations...plant mind slaves into vareous supervilian (and superhero) groups, then contact and use them to do his bidding, haveing them not remember exactly what thay have done durring this time. D.N.A. is just one of them. Now, give us seven more, and the teams thay belong to. Remember, thay need not be leaders of the group, but thay should be somehow trusted within the group enougth to have an important job enougth for Headmaster to use for his benifit (which is usaly the aquiering of wealth or information).

• 2 weeks later...
Number five on our Kaiju hit parade is Tiamatra, Queen Of Dragons. Tiamatra is from outer space, and splash-landed near Hawaii. She rose up, with her five heads (two from a seprate neck atached to her trunk, one on each 'hand', and one on her tail), it is unknown if she can truly be destroyed. It is thought that if her heads were cut off, she might be harmed (much like the hydra of legons), but who knows.

I based her on a original Yu-Gi-Oh! card I created for what is now Yu-Gi-Oh! Custum (at http://ycm.wikia.com ). The card is called Kaiju - Queen Tiamatra.

Next Team: The Mind Slaves Of The Headmaster

Members: 7

Description: The Headmaster has a standard method of operations...plant mind slaves into vareous supervilian (and superhero) groups, then contact and use them to do his bidding, haveing them not remember exactly what thay have done durring this time. D.N.A. is just one of them. Now, give us seven more, and the teams thay belong to. Remember, thay need not be leaders of the group, but thay should be somehow trusted within the group enougth to have an important job enougth for Headmaster to use for his benifit (which is usaly the aquiering of wealth or information).

Since people are haveing a hard time with this one, I'll give eveyone a break...the Mindslave in question needs not be a member of an already published team on this and Create A Hero Team Thread. He (she. or it) can be from an entierly new team, which might be fleshed out at a later date.

OK...it is time for a new team, since the old new team hasen't got any responces. So, without any adu...

Next Team: Hive

Menbers: 6

Description: Six insect theamed villians decied to gather together to pull bigger crimes, and for protection. None of them are acualy 'insect men/women/genderless drones', but people with powers based on insects (via gadget, being able to 'talk to insects', size control, or whatever).

OK...it is time for a new team, since the old new team hasen't got any responces. So, without any adu...

Next Team: Hive

Menbers: 6

Description: Six insect theamed villians decied to gather together to pull bigger crimes, and for protection. None of them are acualy 'insect men/women/genderless drones', but people with powers based on insects (via gadget, being able to 'talk to insects', size control, or whatever).