Anyone running an online supers game?

Odraude

Re: Anyone running an online supers game?

@Kytanos: I'm not sure what my tone will be. I generally prefer a middle course also, but in practice with me it depends a lot more on player interaction in-game and where the story circumstances lead than what I try to plan in advance. I've had games I meant to be serious turn into slapstick and things I meant to be light turn into tragedies. That may not say much for my skills as a GM, but its true.

My email is otaku@unclebear.com . I have a Skype account but never log into it unless I have something specific to accomplish. After I built my current computer half a year ago I intentionally never installed any AIM-type software; I like to take the internet on my own terms and at my own pace and don't want to be super-available. Unless I have technical difficulties, I generally answer my email promptly.

@Phydaux: Generally, anything I think is bogging down a game gets hit with a GM fiat, which is why I warned you that at any time I could overrule/cancel something. Given your stated style though, I'd probably recommend taking a cue from the Champions 6th write-up of Witchcraft: a big Multipower for a handful of powerful go-to effects and a smaller VPP for little utility effects. But if you want to go the all-VPP route I'll give you leeway to see how it plays.

@Torchwolf: Okay, I'll take you at your word regarding your schedule. I only made an issue of it because I've frequently encountered players who never bother to do the math regarding time zones, or just assume all the other players will accommodate them, no matter how expressly you make the scheduling clear in advance.

Epi,

FWIW you can see the 5th Ed version of Mystica here. I posted her, Christ, seven years ago. OMG, I feel old....

Going from Public ID to Secret ID won't change the comcept much at all.

I like having a lot of points to throw around for utility powers. This lets me do things like Mass Teleport and transport the whole super team all around the city in a blink. Invisible Effect Clairvoyance/Clairaudiance for recon & scouting.

Or Mind Link the whole team for max combat efficiency. Mind Scap to check for the presence of known villians. Mind Probe to interogate captured henchmen.

Or a Megascale TP so she can pop off to Paris for lunch (dinner Paris time) and still make it back to Millenium City University in time to teach her afternoon class. The girl has to make a living, after all. And it is so hard to get really good expresso on this side of the Atlantic.

You know what might help, phy, is if you just right up a bunch of powers that could possibly ever come up (like a Gate teleport or a fireball, etc.) so you'll be good to go. I've also got a calculator handy at all times so I can do some on-the-fly stuff. Also, Mystica looks pretty awesome. You using her?

Hey Epi Ill be sending messages to you on hero exclusively, Unfortunately Your email service hates mine :-/

(Also, If you could hop on skype briefly so we may chat, that would be awesome. But if you dont wanna we can just send pm's back and forth. Live chatting is just so much faster)

You know what might help' date=' phy, is if you just right up a bunch of powers that could possibly ever come up (like a Gate teleport or a fireball, etc.) so you'll be good to go. I've also got a calculator handy at all times so I can do some on-the-fly stuff. Also, Mystica looks pretty awesome. You using her?[/quote']

Yeah, I kinda said that I always do exactly that when GMs let me run VPP characters.

As to if I'm using her or not, that's up to Epi. I'll have to convert her to 6th Ed, and see if she's on the winning or the losing side of the conversion.

Honestly, if I do end up with a few extra points the only things I see myself buying are more skills & contacts.

@Phydaux: The concept behind Mystica is fine. You'll have to rebuild her to 6th Ed specs, though, and I'd like to see her "spellbook" as well. One thing... "Tatyana Romanova" was the name of James Bond's love interest in "From Russia With Love;" would you mind changing the name slightly?

I drew another picture of Mystica for you, Phy. I took a few liberties with the costume, particularly the amulet, converting it from a simple ankh to a stylized combination of an ankh, gnostic and Russian Orthodox crosses, and the female "Venus" symbol. Let me know if the changes are okay with you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35849[/ATTACH]

Who told you?

As this is no longer a hypothetical, I started a new recruitment thread. Also, I've settled on Monday night for the sessions and a premise for the super team.

See here:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/79960-The-EXEMPLARS-Online-Champions-6th-VoiP-text-game-recruiting

looks like I'm gonna have to bow out Epi. I had anticipated making a large Hero Games purchase that included 6th Ed I&II. Now it looks like that's not gonna happen.

Sorry for getting both our hopes up,

phy