I know it's been done before, but ...JLA vs. Avengers vs. X-Men

Colossus

This is (1 reason) why I dont collect comix anymore

Originally posted by jeep_the_great

First of all lets get to the point of the matter. All cross-overs are subject to interpentation. So lets just have some fun here.

In the battle of the JLA vs. the Avengers, I Fell that it would go like this:

{...snip...}

All the remaining menbers talk it over and realize theat this whole battle must have been cause by none other than........

Loki and Lex Luther. So begins another cross-over as our favorite heroes go after a couple of villians.

Great stuff, and sadly, though humorous, also captures the spirit of every single superhero(s) encounter new superhero(s) battle ever. Cant damage that valuable money making intellectual property, afterall.

Originally posted by Gary

I honestly don't think there are any teams that can deal with a full strength Legion of Superheroes.

How about the Golden Age JSA, with the Spectre? As we saw in Crisis on Infinite Earths, when he battled the Anti-Monitor, the Spectre is DC's most powerful superhero.

Re: This is (1 reason) why I dont collect comix anymore

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Great stuff, and sadly, though humorous, also captures the spirit of every single superhero(s) encounter new superhero(s) battle ever. Cant damage that valuable money making intellectual property, afterall.

Thank you for getting the message that was so plain to see, "can't damage that valuable money making intellectual property". It's fun to do these things but after all, this is the stuff that sells comics when the numbers start to drop.

Guest Champsguy
Originally posted by Balok

P.S. to Champsguy: I used Batman vs. the JLA because it's canon. You may think it's stupid, and I happen to think it's improbable at the very least -- but it's canon. It got past DC editorial. We can disagree with it to our heart's content, but it's part of the mythos now.

Yes, and no.

DC's history is about as permanent as a hair removal treatment on Aglar's back. It changes like the wind. The whole point of Hypertime was that they wouldn't have to stick to stuff that had already been written.

I can point out that Batman has also previously stated that he's (by far) the weakest member of the team. "I don't have superspeed or invulnerability to save me. I don't wear a brightly colored costume, Superman, and can't afford to run around with poorly-trained people who do."

How much canon should we count? What about when Hercules towed the island of Manhattan back into place? What about when a satellite was falling to Earth, and Superman had great trouble keeping it from falling to the ground, because it weighed "nearly seventy tons". What about Martian Manhunter's ever-changing vulnerability to flame? Sometimes it takes away his powers. Sometimes it acts as a x1.5 vulnerability, sometimes he's just scared of it. Don't even get into the mess that is Hawkman's background (you'll have to ask someone else to explain that one to you--it's far too confusing for me to even start to try to comprehend).

If you want to see the most dangerous member of the JLA, look at Aquaman. He's trounced half the team, casually, at one point or another.

1. He fried a martian's brain with his telepathic powers, giving the poor alien a seizure.

2. He stuck his hand up out of the ocean when Flash was running across the water, tripping the speedster and sending him tumbling into the drink.

3. He stole Green Lantern's ring by firing his hook-hand and stripping it off of his finger.

Besides, in that "Batman vs the JLA" storyline, what it really showed us is that Bruce is dumb as a rock. All you need to do is say "Hey, Bats, right now Hawkeye is taking a big dump on your mom's grave", and he'll go running off, abandoning all else, to save his mommy.

Guest Champsguy
Originally posted by lemming

Wasn't that Marvel and wasn't that just Hercules boasting? This is going off my memory so I could be flat out wrong.

Well, it was Marvel, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't him boasting. It's actually one of those things people have told me 1000 times. I didn't read the book it happened in. Like the "Spiderman defeats Firelord" fight, it's just something I've been told about.

Originally posted by Doug McCrae

How about the Golden Age JSA, with the Spectre? As we saw in Crisis on Infinite Earths, when he battled the Anti-Monitor, the Spectre is DC's most powerful superhero.

Deus Ex Machinas don't count. The Spectre, as portrayed there, can beat every team combined.

I believe I recall Hercules pulling Manhattan island back into place in an issue of Team Up. I have them all, and someday, I'm going to re-read them again. Ah, what a collection...

IIRC, the illustrator drew it wrong -- had Battery Park at the wrong end of the island. THAT made it into "Marvel Mistakeworks", a send-up of Marvel Masterworks that also included the classic scene of Cap saying "Only one of us is going to leave here alive, and it won't be me!"

Originally posted by Balok

I believe I recall Hercules pulling Manhattan island back into place in an issue of Team Up. I have them all, and someday, I'm going to re-read them again. Ah, what a collection...

IIRC, the illustrator drew it wrong -- had Battery Park at the wrong end of the island. THAT made it into "Marvel Mistakeworks", a send-up of Marvel Masterworks that also included the classic scene of Cap saying "Only one of us is going to leave here alive, and it won't be me!"

You're probably right. I have all of them as well. One of these days I'm going to go through my comics and figure out which have to go. (31 long boxes, I'd like to get it down to 6)

Guest Champsguy
Originally posted by Superskrull

Well, every team except Bat-Mite & Mr. Mxyzptlk, that is. :D

"World's Funnest" ruled. :D

"The hot plastic, it burns!"

"My spine!"