Black Adder Hero?!?!?!

grymlocke

Hmm, multiple genres. Elizabethan, Victorian, WWI though my favorite was Elizabethan. Though a lot of that was due to Miranda Richardson. I love when she played the highwayman. Squirrels were definitly hunted...

Though Balrick gets a Cooking with non-edible items for Black Adder Goes Forth"

"Tell me Baldrick, how did you get so much custard out of one small cat"

Yep.

Blackadder series one definitely had Edmund as a world class geek with Baldrick as the brains behind the organisation (typical comedy set up with the upper class twit and the practical working class hero) but later - and much better - series had Edmund becoming cooler and wittier and Balders becoming more and more degenerate.

Closing moments of Blackadder Goes Forth really hit home considering the context in a comedy series... has that been shown in the states yet?

By the way!

Didn't somebody post on the boards the other days as the "Bishop of B & W"? What a Hunter that character would make.

"You don't have any children do you Blackadder?"

"uh, no, no I'm not married."

"Well we'll skip breakfast then and get straight down to business."

Originally posted by "V"

Closing moments of Blackadder Goes Forth really hit home considering the context in a comedy series... has that been shown in the states yet?

Dunno, but the full video and DVD series are both available in the U.S., so I'd guess that it had.

Excelent series, but you'd need players who were as cunning as a fox that had left the Oxford Chair of Cunning to take a position in private industry to make it work as a campaign.

better to err on the side of caution....

yes i know the reference, some may not...kids that read these boards may not have the scope of (english) humor inuendo that the more...eperienced, may have.....i'm not trying to be a prudish.

yes, I go way back to monty python series (dead parrot, twit of the year contest and SPAM!), benny hill (a personal favorite), blake's seven, red dwarf, hitchhiker's guide, etc....and more seriously...DR WHO (seem them , not in order, but all none the less...still have that awful TV movie on tape too...)

enough said.....

***spam, spam, spam,SPAM !!!....SPAM ! oh, wonderful SPAM !!!.....****

:D

LOL

I have fond memories of watching "Are you Being Served" as a kid in the 70s and 80s, and all the smut went completely over my head.

I watch the repeats (re-runs to you Colonial types) now and sit there gobsmacked thinking "How on earth did they get away with this?"

eg: (and don't worry, I will self-censor...)

Mrs Slocombe (on phone to neighbour): "Could you possibly go round to my front door and bend down and look through the letterbox. If you can see my *PET CAT* in the hallway just try to throw something nice in for it."

or

Mrs Slocombe (talking about unexplained noises): "There's only got to be footstep in the garden and all the hairs on my *PET CAT* stand on end."

Mr Lucas: "It's better than a burglar alarm."

etc.

Originally posted by "V"

By the way!

Didn't somebody post on the boards the other days as the "Bishop of B & W"? What a Hunter that character would make.

"You don't have any children do you Blackadder?"

"uh, no, no I'm not married."

"Well we'll skip breakfast then and get straight down to business."

I don't know what you mean. As far as my congregation knows, my only vice is a little tipple before Evensong!;)

Bishop of Bath and Wells.

More Powerful than character.

Non Combat Influence (the black bank has branches everywhere)

Harshly punish (red hot poker)

Definitely worth the Hunted points. Don't forget to give him a psych limitation to reflect the fact he flinches whenever he sees Lord Percy ever since the affair with Leonardo Acropolis.

• 3 weeks later...

I was watching the new show Navy NCIS the other day, one of the characters name is Blackadder, and I couldn't stop thinking of Rowan Atkinson every time they said her name. Maybe it's time for Blackadders fifth? And doesn't Navy NCIS stand for Navy Navy Criminal Investigative Service, a rather redundant title if you ask me.

Originally posted by Vanulf

I was watching the new show Navy NCIS the other day, one of the characters name is Blackadder, and I couldn't stop thinking of Rowan Atkinson every time they said her name. Maybe it's time for Blackadders fifth? And doesn't Navy NCIS stand for Navy Navy Criminal Investigative Service, a rather redundant title if you ask me.

ah, yes...a bit redundant

I think i'll be taking a fifth of blackadder....(80 proof wasn't it?)

I watched one episode...the sailors on the cruiser going at it with oficer swords after being to "into" a CRPG....eh, i think threat matrix is better, especially to steal ideas from....

Originally posted by Vanulf

They've DONE a Blackadder the Fifth...a one-shot about the modern day Blackadder.

The modern Blackadder has his Baldric build a "fake" time machine so he can con a large batch of cash out of his "friends"...unfortunately for him and his plans, the time machine actually WORKS...