Game Board Character Pieces

Acroyear II

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any programs or downloads that can be used to create character pieces for a hex game board. I seem to recall a way to shrink down character images into a Word (?) document that is preset to hold several images. The images are then printed on to a light cardboard stock paper and the character pieces can be cut and folded together to make game pieces for a hex game board. Any ideas on where I can find something like this or how do to it myself?

I hope I have explained what I'm seeking coherently enough. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Re: Game Board Character Pieces

Do you know how to use clip art? If so there is an option right above it to insert picture, use that to get the image into Word. If you have the rulers on in word, you should be able to gauge it to the 1" height (which is about right). then just print in color, cut out, and glue to a penny (fold a bit of the paper at the feet of the mini)

Man that first comment sounded rude' date=' did not mean it to and my apoligies[/quote']

No worries, JmOz. I did not take your response as rude, but I appreciate your thoughtfulness in apologizing nonetheless. Thanks for your information on how to make my own character pieces. I'll give that a try soon.

Thanks much!

Storn has a set of Minis on the Freestuff page... you might ask him how he made his *shrug*

JmOz's idea works well, especially if you use Hero Machine or that DC Animated one.

JmOz, you beat me to the punch. Have some Rep for sugguesting it.

Acroyear II, here is a post of mine with brief instructions, and the template for making tent-minis.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/23460-Champions-Characters-in-SJG-s-Cardboard-Heroes.?p=488907#post488907

I think that should work for what you're trying to do.

Acroyear II, here is a post of mine with brief instructions, and the template for making tent-minis.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/23460-Champions-Characters-in-SJG-s-Cardboard-Heroes.?p=488907#post488907

I think that should work for what you're trying to do.

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you, Aylwin13! Thank you very much!

This site has some hex-based maps as well as A Modern Paper Minis set which includes male and female Police, SWAT team members, Soldiers, Giant Spiders, Zombies, One Motorcycle and 2 Costumed Characters.

http://silentempire.com/downloads.php - paper minis are last link.

Just in case you are looking for some maps and supporting characters... the Storn art thread also has a set of paper minis using his art if I remember correctly...

Child art item, basicaly a type of plastic paper, that when heated shinks to a smaller size and goes from being paper like to being flat hard plastic (while keeping the design)

http://www.shrinkydinks.com/

And you can now get ShrinkyDink sheets for inkjet printers. It says creations shrink to 1/3 in size and 9 times thicker. I wonder if these will fit nicely in those plastic bases that SJG used to sell? (That's what I use for my cardboard characters now.) I may have to check these out.

I'd rep ya, but it says I have to spread some more around first.

This site has some hex-based maps as well as A Modern Paper Minis set...

http://silentempire.com/downloads.php

The minis are ALMOST crap, but the maps aint bad!

same web site has little stands for your creations' date=' $1.00 for 24, but not sure what S&H is...psyc complication against spending more on S&H than on product[/quote']

Heh. Yeah