Create a Hero Theme Team!

Cygnia

Crimson Topaz

From Brazil comes Crimson Topaz who uses hummingbird nomenclature and colouring. Also its speed. She is the scout of the team and can dart about at speed whilst also hovering stationary. She speaks Spanish and Portuguese. She relies on not being hit and has some sort of precognition when it comes to attacks.

I thought it was 5. Oh well

New Team: the Freedom League

I did a bunch of villains named after German World War 2 equipment, so we need a team to oppose them. 

5-8 members and all must be named after World War 2 Allied equipment and the more recognisable the better so Mustang, Thunderbolt and Spitfire are all ok but Tank is not.

Jim Mitchell always had the ability to fly. He loved it. He could zip down to the corner market in seconds, get across town in minutes, sometimes even save somebody. Mitchell's ability kept getting better and better, allowing him to go faster and pick up more weight. After an almost lethal encounter with a villain, he started carrying an armored shell with weapons built into it. 

By the time he had been asked to join the team he had became the Flying Fortress.

CES    

Lancaster

This flying brick is named after the British heavy bomber because he was tied up in one of the last flying examples of this plane and exposed to strange chemicals and energies. This was a plan to kill people in the flight path of the bomber on one of its commemorative flights and Douglas Jones walked into the criminals planning it and they threw him into the plane. Heroes stopped the plot and rescued him. The plane was also undamaged. Douglas now fights crime as Lancaster

Well, if we can name it after particular ship names I got one.

Matilda Lawson is Repulse after the battlecruiser her older brother Nigel died on.  She joined in an attempt to avenge him against the Axis powers.

Her power is an experimental battlesuit.  Allowing her to fly and activate a force field to repel any artillery that come her way back towards its point of origin.

Note: hmm, is it modern or WW2 era, I do have a way to bring it into modern times if needed.

Edit:  It being "experimental" eventually there was a malfunction that caused Matilda's death in battle late in 1944. In modern times, her grand-niece and namesake (family honoring the fallen in their family, obviously) an historian, reacquired the battle suit.  And has been slowly having it retrofitted with more modern tech (and hopefully more reliable).  The younger Matilda has always been obsessed with the world wars.  And the rest of the Lawson family says she thinks like she is from the earlier part of the 20th century.  Some of her older relatives wonder if she is in fact a reincarnation of the older Matilda, compelled to come back for some kind of unfinished business.

15 minutes ago, Badger said:

Matilda Lawson is Repulse after the battlecruiser her older brother Nigel died on.  She joined in an attempt to avenge him against the Axis powers.

Her power is an experimental battlesuit.  Allowing her to fly and activate a force field to repel any artillery that come her way back towards its point of origin.

Note: hmm, is it modern or WW2 era, I do have a way to bring it into modern times if needed.

Modern times, Badge.

CES 

4 hours ago, Badger said:

If you say Grandfather or great grandfather that would fit. The name is good as it is a British ship lost at the same time as the battleship Prince of Wales was sunk

15 hours ago, death tribble said:

If you say Grandfather or great grandfather that would fit. The name is good as it is a British ship lost at the same time as the battleship Prince of Wales was sunk

Yeah, I had a couple of ideas to get it to modern times.  

Dukw (Duck) is a amphibian human, with the usual advantages that brings - enhanced strength and durability, capacity to breathe underwater, etc. He's cagey about where he got his abilities - he's made it clear he's not an Atlantean or hybrid, and he lacks the usual requirement to immerse himself regularly. He serves as the tactical head of the team - though again, where he learned his tactical acumen is largely unknown.

The New Team is The Lords of Battle. 7 Alien warriors, each attracted to earth for their own reasons, banding together to defend a world not their own.

When you think alien warrior you think something humanoid. Maybe with wings. What you don't think of is a worm. A big worm. With teeth. And that is what Gallius is. True he can terrify people because he is a a giant worm but he is on the side of the Earth. And he can swim or at least survive underwater. He can also survive being dropped from a height like being thrown out of a plane. How he got here is not clear. A spaceship crashing. An alien experimenting with normal life on the planet. It is hard to say as Gallius does not process memories or thoughts in the same way as everyone else does.