Create a Hero Theme Team!

Cygnia

Got to have puppet number one! Who else but Howdy Doody!

For thirteen years, the youth of the nation watched a freckle-faced marionette evolve on their television. Over a decade of information about modern living transmitted through the guise of a friendly face with a western accent. Then it was off the air. But it wasn't over, not in the minds of what would be almost a generation of Americans. So, what happened to the glorified prop that those children fed their attention to? Was it put up for auction? Was it dismantled and sold, piecemeal, to collectors?

No.

It stood up, walked away, and started searching. Howdy Doody tramped through the streets and highways of the nation, not looking to rekindle his past glory, not trying to find someplace he fit in. This wooden automaton had the same question that was at the base of the children's attention on him! What am I? What am I supposed to do?

Half a century later, he thinks he has an answer. "If everboddy knows ma name, and I ain't human, I just gotta be one o' them superheroes. So, that's whut I'm a gonna do!"

He's small, and very resilient, with his strength limited only by the material he's made of. His biggest failing is that he is truly an old soul, and hates to see the trauma that is inflicted on today's youth.

Disney Animatronics builds hundreds of robotic animals to populate their rides. Sometimes they mistakenly install an AI in a ride and the thing comes to life. Usually it follows the guidelines of the park to protect the visitors from threats and help where possible.

It's just a little unnerving to have all the puppets running around singing it's a small world after all as they go about their work.

CES 

I'm just an innocent Joe, trying to run a little toy store on the outskirts of downtown Millennium City, when one day Talisman decides to ambush Witchcraft right outside my shop.  Magic bolts are flying every which-where, I'm ducked down behind my counter just hoping I don't get blasted to smithereens or turned into a frog or something, when suddenly I notice a blast hit one of the boxes up on the shelf.  Instead of turning to a pile of ash or something, though, the box just glows for a bit and then one of those GI Guy action figures smashes his way out of the box and looks around like he's confused.  Seeing the fight outside, he shakes his kung-fu grip at Talisman, then unslings his rifle.  Looks plastic but as soon as GI Guy points it out the window at Talisman, it starts shooting real bullets.  Okay, tiny ones, but Talisman screams enough to show they still hurt.  Then with a shout of "Go, Guy!" he leaps off the shelf and heads for the door.  Between Guy and Witchcraft, they sent that bad girl packin'.  Believe you me, it was the damndest thing I ever saw.

I still see him from time to time.  He comes in with money, I'm guessing he takes it from the thugs and drug dealers he leaves tied up for the cops, and he buys the latest GI Guy accessories.  Started with the Grappler Gun and Paraglider Pack, then the Humvee.  Last December he got a Go-Guy Snowmobile and winter camo outfit.  Weird thing is, they all look like molded plastic stuff, but in his hands they all work just fine.  (I'm still not that sure I should have sold him that GI Guy Rocket Launcher.)  I think he's saving up to buy a GI-Jetcopter; I tried just giving one to him, but he refuses to take anything he doesn't pay for. 

Tell you the truth, I kinda feel sorry for the guy.  I catch him looking over at the Bobbi dolls, with their sports cars and Malibu beach houses, and I'm guessing he'd like to find the right girl and settle down.  Guess it sucks to be the only one of your kind.

• 2 weeks later...

Bosco Germaine was dead. Ten years old, and stuck in a well until he starved to death dead. Bosco wandered around for a bit, before he discovered he had a talent as a dead boy. Bosco could enter an effigy of any kind and make it move. He decided that he could be Bosco the Friendly Doll Possessor and help people out when he could. 

In this modern era of mass produced toys, Bosco has been seen as Ken, or Gi Guy, more than Raggedy Andy.

CES   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Werewolf by Givenchy

How the haute couture and perfume house created or came to have a werewolf is unknown. The French government has turned aside all enquiries and the Givenchy publicists won't comment. The State Department and the FBI don't like it but Interpol have pointed out that the beast has saved lives and enjoys police powers. It is a woman whose identity has remained hidden despite camera and video coverage. She is immune to most weapons except silver and most energy except fire. She knows the law and can understand English and French. Maybe even Spanish.

• 2 weeks later...

AstroTurf Man is the greatest community organizer of Earth-O. He has an uncanny ability to sense what will motivate someone to show up to a protest about things which would normally be of no interest to them and has single-handedly changed the political landscape of Earth-O on every issue from Aardvark Rights to the Zzezzox oil tanker disaster.

No one knows whether it is his incredible presence or some mind control which gives him his astounding powers, but no one can deny that AstroTurf Man is a force to be feared!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 4:43 PM, death tribble said:

Astro Namer

This Astro Man is thought to be an astronomer but in reality is only an amateur who can exist in space. He is also able to extend a field to make people safe from harm so that they can breathe underwater or exist in space..

That makes six so Archer how about you pick the team ?

Thank you but I'll decline the honor. I'm in the middle of 18 different things these last few days and my mind is a blank.

If I may then? and this is meant with love and affection as a homage to Stan Lee

NEW TEAM: On the dawn after the death of a legendary comic book creator (whose works are purely fictional but much beloved in the Champion's Universe) six to seven individuals find themselves gaining the powers, and some of the trappings of his creations.

The Press quickly dubs them The Marvels