Create a Hero Theme Team!

Cygnia

Rick Deer was always a smart guy - top of his class in high school, graduated early from MIT, and holds multiple doctorates in various scientific disciplines.  He's not, however, the greatest people-person, though his wife Suzanne helps keep him in line (while her brother Joey tends to poke fun at Rick whenever he gets the opportunity).  Their mutual friend Benjamin Dover (parents can be cruel) often hung out with Rick, Suzanne, and Joey, drinking or watching movies or just having a good time together.  That is what they were doing on November 12th - they had a nice dinner and watched a terrible movie (something about a silver surfer) before Ben passed out on the couch for the night.

The next morning, the four awoke to find themselves... changed.  Rick seemed even smarter than before, while Joey was more hot-headed than normal.  Suzanne had become more maternal toward her family and friends, and Ben overly self-confident.  They didn't discover the real change, however, until they all happened to touch each other at once.  With a flash, they merged into one being with the ability to turn invisible, project flames, become tough as rock, and stretch like rubber.  (It took them a while  to separate into their individual selves, but they eventually figured it out.) 

This fantastic foursome occasionally combine to run around as the super-being known as Excelsior.

• 2 weeks later...

Odd = Strange, Dentist = Doctor

New Team: Between five and ten members of Teen Brigade

The team would have started in the late 50s or early 60s so certain things would not have got you into or onto the team. The team no longer exists

Also tenure was short as when you were 20 or 21 you were out. Otherwise any powers.

The Atomic Bikini (real name: Claudia de Reising) was an eleven-year-old girl when she was with the rest of her family on their yacht (yes, they were filthy rich) when the Castle Bravo H-bomb test (1954) happened, and they were all caught in a fallout-laden downdraft well east of the Bikini Atoll test site.  Though the entire boat and crew were exposed to radiation, only Claudia and her brother Wilson developed super-powers as a result.  Claudia, who became a classic energy blaster with visible light and ultraviolet projection powers as well as a strong electrostatic corona glow, chose her working superheroine name to refer obscurely to her powers' origin.  Her costume does include the two-piece bathing suit, but also boots and a calf-length cape, and she emits strong, vividly colored light to convey an impression of dangerous radiation when she is on duty.

Darby Rollins was a high school freshman working as a car hop at Mel's Drive-In restaurant, taking orders and bringing food on roller skates.  Then one day in 1956, a meteor streaked across the sky and landed in the field next to Mel's, exploding in a flash of green light.  To Darby, it was an exciting change of pace... until she noticed the changes the next day.  For one thing, her roller skates could now move faster than cars in a pink slip race.  (They could also roll across walls and even the ceiling, but she didn't discover that until later.)  She was faster too, and tougher - the first time she skated super-fast she lost control, smashing into a parked car without hurting herself at all. 

Darby bought a helmet and some pads (though she didn't really need them) and became Roller Derby, one of the founding members of the Teen Brigade.

Kid America

Another founding member of the team was Ryan Syder who failed to make the grade in joining the army and so volunteered for an experiment to make him more than a man. The experiment worked and made him again ineligible for the service as he was now too powerful. But some people saw the advantage of having a young patriot and wanted to help dampen down any more of the red scare. So Ryan became the first Kid America and served with distinction until 21 when the name became more or less redundant. He was stronger and had more endurance than the average man. Several biographies however have painted him as a fascist and borderline racist. But no-one knows what happened to him. While other people who bore the name were killed or disabled in action, what became of him is not known. 

Here's a two-fer:

Joseph Coleman was a teen who had it all.  Chicks dug him.  Guys wanted to be him.  With his jeans and t-shirt, his black leather jacket and shades, and an often-unlit cigarette dangling from his lips, he had the look of ultimate-cool.  And nobody wanted to be on his bad side -- a simple stare from Joe Cool was often all it took to get street toughs to surrender.  (He's suspected to have been a mentalist, though this was never proven.)  He was the de facto leader of the Teen Brigade from 1957 to 1959, when he turned 20 and left the team.

Mary Jane Peterson, former girlfriend of the Moon Webster, was one of the last members of the Teen Brigade and is often blamed for the team's waning popularity and dissolution in 1964.  Her ability to spontaneously generate clouds of smoke that incapacitated foes with mild hallucinations and lethargy (as well as a later hunger for snacks) angered many adults  who felt Mary Jane was promoting widespread drug use.

- - - - - - - -

Okay, I'm going to take things to the silly extreme.  The new team is the Fruit Frodown, a group of four fruit-based or fruit-powered or just plain fruity heroes who will make your PC heroes wonder... what the heck is wrong with this world?

17 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Here's a two-fer:

Joseph Coleman was a teen who had it all.  Chicks dug him.  Guys wanted to be him.  With his jeans and t-shirt, his black leather jacket and shades, and an often-unlit cigarette dangling from his lips, he had the look of ultimate-cool.  And nobody wanted to be on his bad side -- a simple stare from Joe Cool was often all it took to get street toughs to surrender.  (He's suspected to have been a mentalist, though this was never proven.)  He was the de facto leader of the Teen Brigade from 1957 to 1959, when he turned 20 and left the team.

Mary Jane Peterson, former girlfriend of the Moon Webster, was one of the last members of the Teen Brigade and is often blamed for the team's waning popularity and dissolution in 1964.  Her ability to spontaneously generate clouds of smoke that incapacitated foes with mild hallucinations and lethargy (as well as a later hunger for snacks) angered many adults  who felt Mary Jane was promoting widespread drug use.

- - - - - - - -

Okay, I'm going to take things to the silly extreme.  The new team is the Fruit Frodown, a group of four fruit-based or fruit-powered or just plain fruity heroes who will make your PC heroes wonder... what the heck is wrong with this world?

The Moon Webster is Spider Moon's mother, Bolo. I don't write romance.

CES

8 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

My apologies.  That's not readily apparent directly from your post, and I'm not very conversant on Lolth.

i have taken some liberties. Lolth is the patron spider goddess of the Drow from D&D. So when I needed a spider man, I called on a spider maiden instead, and then did it again.

CES 

The heroine known as Bananagram may have a tough exterior, but she's a real softy inside.  Her use of thrown banana peels to cause foes to slip and slide all over the battlefield, along with Coconaut's water spray, Apple Jack standing back up from near-certain death, and Pineapple Jack's seemingly endless supply of pineapples (where does he get them from?) makes a lot of the Fruit Frodown's fights seem like a slapstick routine.

I'm going to defer to csyphrett for the next hero team. 

"Little Drummer Boy?  Yeah, I hate that name.  I told people my code name was 'Drumroll' but you know the media -- once they latch onto something, it's impossible to make them let go.  I guess it's my fault for debuting on Christmas Eve."

"My powers -- mainly, I can drum hypnotic beats.  The right drumrolls can make people do the strangest things, like throw down their weapons and surrender, though to be honest that only works like 30% of the time.  But I've found a good riff can make attackers hesitate to attack, or just plain miss.  This is especially important to me, since I'm not exactly the toughest individual on the team."

Act sensibly on a 14 or less. I roll 15. Oh well.

Hark the Herald Angel

This is an angel or as close as anyone can think of. They appear androgynous and have a wonderful singing voice. They radiate goodness and can blind anyone with their halo. They also have wings.They tend to use a singing voice to placate people or to inspire others.