Create a Hero Theme Team!

Cygnia

Maharaja

This hero often dresses like a Maharaja of old which often attracts assassins and kidnappers. He has the ability to attract and entrance people so that they ignore the others or indeed anyone else.

He is something of a raconteur so that he has claimed he was a Bollywood star who picked up an enchanted item granting him powers; that he was a ruler from India's past who was awakened when his country needed him; that he was an Untouchable blessed by the Gods to defend the people; that he is the rightful ruler of India having pulled a sword out of a stone; that he is a direct descendent of Queen Victoria; that he came to the aid of his country walking out of a television show and that he is a reincarnation of a well known maharaja.

He knows how to use most weapons, is a lower level brick and is skilled at disguise. He will pose as the leader of the group 

Byangoma makes his living as a fortune teller, helping those in need with kind words and necessary wisdom. He has joined the rest of the heroes where his ability to divine answers and know the future has allowed him to stay one step ahead of criminal schemes.

Byangoma passes himself off as a beggar, but a bird motif is always present.

CES     

Officer Singh

This member of the team looks like a normal Sikh police officer i.e. a khaki uniform but a turban. He also has a beard a moustache. He is skilled in martial arts but has somehow developed an energy shield which repels energy attacks, bounces bullets and absorbs physical damage. The shield is larger than a buckler. but does not cover his entire body. He can fire bolts of energy which could potentially kill but he has only disabled people (although not permanently) with it. He serves as a normal police officer when not working with the team.

We need a few more Indian centric heroes despite reaching the minimum.

Gaijet (Gadget in Hindi) is a computer and technological whiz kid.  But as a girl, she was usually held back, because who wants a wife whose smarter than her husband?  But then the computer boom hit India and suddenly she was at the forefront of the tech wave.  With some judicious investments she became wealthy and BORED!  So when a call went out she whipped up a bunch of gadgets, a small personal FF device and a knock off of the Ping Pong Gun (No deadly attacks and she pays a royalty to Foxbat).  She's generally support, but her tech skills and computer knowledge is valuable for tracking down info!

The man known as Hathi (Elephant in Punjabi) is the gentle giant of the team.  Sochai Dhaliwal is a big guy with tough greyish skin, enlarged tusk-like canine teeth, and a large nose, which combined make him look vaguely elephantine.  He likes to joke that he was bitten by a were-elephant when he was a child, but his anatomy is actually due to him being a mutant. While slightly stronger than the Lion of India, Hathi's primary powers are his incredible defenses.  He's able to shrug off even the toughest blows, whether physical, energy, or psionic, so he often places himself between his teammates and their foes, happily taking hits meant for his friends.

Rakshesha

She looks like a demure beautiful Indian woman but she can change into a tiger like being.  Her name comes from Vedic tradition and is the human form of female Rakshasa but she is actually a weretiger. She is also a devout Muslim. She acts as a secretary, or harmless assistant, only turning into the dangerous tiger form in extreme combat conditions. Otherwise she is kept for jungle conditions or ones that require scent tracking as she is an excellent tracker. She can take an ungodly amount of punishment but the results of her catching the person can be extremely visceral. There may be a way to kill her permanently but no-one has found it yet.

We now have the minimums of numbers, an elephant, a tiger, a Buddhist, Hindus, a Muslim, a Sikh and a monk. So if the next person wants to post a member and a new team that would be good.

There are three Indian crocodile types called the Mugger, the Gharial and the saltwater crocodile. Just saying.  

Khukuri is the fearless hand-to-hand warrior of the team.  A retired Gurkha officer, Arjun Shukla carries a mystic curved blade that he can summon to him from anywhere and can even control with his mind.  His favorite tactic is to throw the blade and cause it to fly from opponent to opponent, slicing each in turn before returning to his hand.  He also can use the blade to deflect attacks, both those directed at him as well as those targeting others.

And "fearless" isn't a word used loosely here.  Shukla does not hesitate in the slightest to put himself in harm's way to protect innocents.  This has been demonstrated enough to quiet those who said the blade was the true hero, and Shukla merely the person carrying it around.

- - - - - - - -

The QUEST are high-tech heroes who use their brainpower, gadgets, battlesuits, robots, and/or other inventions to save the day.  Who are these five heroes?  (Bonus difficulty - the group gets its name from the first letter of each member's hero name.  My apologies in advance to whomever has to come up with a name starting with "Q" or "U".)

What's the go to phrase nowadays ? Oh yeah, hold my beer !

Quanta

Alexis Steppanopolous became the gadget user Quanta after supervillains attacked her college and used primary school kids as guinea pigs for experiments. This had such an impact on her that she became an engineer and inventor. She is perpetually frowning as she has seen the downside of crime. She does not have a battlesuit per se but uses gauntlets to blast opponents and a levitation/propulsion belt to fly. Her mask is more of a high tech apparatus to view objects and to send/receive transmissions. 

(All right, I admit DT jumped me. I was going to go with Quark. I guess I'll take U)

Ulysses Umbridge is Universal Ubuntu. He is in a very narrow niche where anything that runs on a electronics can be mentally controlled by him, but anything outside of that realm is a very serious problem. His power allows him to support his friends as long as there is something around that he can control.

CES    

• 2 weeks later...

Stargazer

This member of the group uses robots to aid the team. Despite his dream of piloting a battle mech, he has not managed to build anything that big with working armament. He is usually operating from afar and his devices provide aerial reconnaissance, links to other services like the fire brigade and smoke and bright light generators which can blind and confuse opponents. An astronomer he was supposedly injured in a battle between supers and aliens.

TRIBE

While the rest of team represent the hard sciences Trish Trilby represents the social sciences. growing up with her UN aid worker parents traveling the world she discovered a gift for languages and a love of discovery of different cultures. eventually she would become an anthropologist/linguist specializing in remote cultures. during her PHd study in the deep Amazon she discovered a previously un-contacted tribe when she saved the village wise woman's granddaughter from illegal Loggers she was welcomed to the tribe she spent 2 years with the tribe before the wise woman revealed the tribes greatest secret a berry from a tree that allowed them to enter an enhanced mental state and learn languages, skills and  martial techniques in hours. for the next few years Trish traveled the world diving into the cultures of tribes from Africa to Australia and Mongolia to Mogadishu. her ability to quickly adopt the mannerisms and accent of a local learn their skills and seem like she had lived their all her life learning things no outsider ordinarily could made her a world renowned expert on aboriginal cultures. when a conference she was attending was assaulted by ARGENT agents looking to steal an Aztec ceremonial costume containing meteoric fragments of a previously unknown metal. Trish escaped the initial round up and Prowled the halls of the convention center quickly subduing Agents using stealth skills from urban explorers, Argentinian Goucho throwing skills, Maori martial arts . when the authorities arrived to deal with the situation they found it resolved. and Trish was invited to join QUEST. she now has three Doctorates linguistics, Anthropology and KIcking BUTT

They call me Hardwyre.  I'm an alpha geek, complete with high-tech battlesuit and enough gadgets and gizmos to make Mr. Fantastic look like Mr. Mediocre.  Yeah, they also say I'm kinda egotistical, but when you've got the stuff, why not strut? 

A few years back when I was 15, midway through my first degree at MIT, I built what I called my "thinking cap."  It allowed me to completely and totally ignore all distractions and focus on a particular task.  Lets me design and build new gadgets in a fraction of the normal time.  Weird thing is, it causes a glowing circlet over my head.  I've incorporated the thinking cap tech into my armor, allowing me to out-think most villains out there.  And believe me, most of them get really frosted at being out-thought and out-fought by a girl. 

Mad Madison Madchek never gave up living, even after dying. Not wanting to rest, and no way to enjoy life, this Madwoman began possessing other women to live life to the fullest. Everyone know when she is about since her rides wear a ring of light around their heads.

CES   

Seraphina

When trouble rears its ugly head and people are forced to run for their lives, one woman does the Superman/Wonder Woman act and changes into an angel. Seraphina uses presence to dazzle opposition and a melodious voice to talk down opposition. She prefers to use peaceful means to resolve a dispute rather than combat. She is very protective of holy places like churches, mosques and synagogues but is not tied to the Vatican or Islam. Her identity is a closely guarded secret.

Iron halo aka the Saint of Nails.

Svetlana Kovalenko was born in war daughter of a Russian deserter and a Pashtu mother in Afghanistan. her life was actually fairly idyllic before war came again to her home the Taliban pushed out of their strong holds and came to her remote mountain village when she was just 12. her father tried to fight them but he was too old and out of practice and the Taliban fighters to numerous. Svetlanas father was captured and as the village was forced to watch as he was to be executed. Svetlana watched in horror as the Taliban pointed their guns at her father. stricken with fear as they where about to fire she screamed and the fighters guns exploded turning into so much flying shrapnel. the survivors fled and Svetlana and her father where forced to do the same. over the next few years her father would teach her everything he knew of combat while she learnt to master her new talent of ferrokinesis able to manipulate iron and steel. svetlana began to hunt Taliban guilty of atrocities protecting the small Christian and over communities of Afghanistan early on she was in a fire fight with Taliban on a building site when she started to run out of the knives she had been using and switched to 9 inch nails this would become her signature weapon a disc of 20 or so rotating above her head ready to fly at any moment. her long black coat in also lined with more of them which allow her lift her self and fly. Svetlana tries to avoid killing pinning her enemies to walls for preference but has no problem with lethal force when required.