CU question: Ironclad and Herculan's starships?

Lord Liaden

Steve, this issue came up in discussion on the Champions forum, and I was curious if anything official has been established. What ultimately became of the stolen Malvan starships that Ironclad and Herculan came to Earth in? I know that Herculan's ship was "demolished" by the locals, but could functioning pieces of it still be in someone's barn or garage? OTOH Ironclad's crashed into Lake St. Clair -- is it still lost there, or did someone salvage it, and if so, who?

Given what the Warlord accomplished after studying an Hzeel ship, the mind boggles over what a terrestrial super-scientist could do with scavenged Malvan tech.

Re: CU question: Ironclad and Herculan's starships?

If there are pieces of Herculan's ship in someone's barn, they're just sitting there waiting to be turned into a plot by some GM. The US government undoubtedly has Ironclad's ship in a secret facility somewhere. I was figuring I'd touch on this in Champions Beyond, but probably not to much greater extent. ;)

If US government scientists have had their hands on Malvan technology for several years, it would probably be worth noting whether or not they've made any progress in figuring out how it works. Which of course is no precedent for what the likes of Dr. Destroyer might learn from it...

If US government scientists have had their hands on Malvan technology for several years' date=' it would probably be worth noting whether or not they've made any progress in figuring out how it works. Which of course is no precedent for what the likes of Dr. Destroyer might learn from it...[/quote']

Well, of course it is being studied by "top men!"

Even if Ironclad kept mum about how he got to Earth, it wouldn't be hard to figure out that it was by FTL spaceship, and who has it. And any criminal scientist knowing a hint of Malva's ATRI Level will be very eager to find and confiscate it.

Well, I don't have the 6E Champions genre book containing the team write-ups, but your question did prompt me to reread the 5E book. There's nothing about their plane, the "V-Jet," having anything to do with Ironclad's ship; but the Background/History of the Champions from that book says that the ship was "destroyed" on impact with Lake St. Clair. So, assuming that wasn't changed for the 6E book, if there's anything left of it it's probably in pieces on the bottom of the lake. Naturally that's convenient for keeping Malvan technology out of the hands of Earthers, but as with Herculan's vessel there may be working fragments that could generate a plot.