Ctrl+V

Ragitsu

In the d20 Modern supplement Urban Arcana, the "City Districts" section of the book details the average expected response time for emergency services in each district of a typical city. They range from near-instant (less than one minute for high-security areas like airports and seaports) nearly-immediate (<5 minutes for affluent business or residential areas) to average (5-15 minutes for middle-class residential or business areas or industrial zones) lengthy (15-30 minutes in lower-class areas, rural areas, and industrial zones) to very lengthy (At least half an hour to an hour for underground areas, subways, and sewer systems).

--- --- ---

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CustomUniform

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GenreTurningPoint

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

GM: The Prophetess of Kell reads your omens and says that each of your number is destined to find one of the Signets of Power and be a Champion of Light in the coming Holy Wars. Once all of you have the Signets the Champions of Darkness will be released, and the fate of the world shall be decided.
Player: (Out of Character) Champion of Light, huh? So that explains all the stupid stuff going on lately. I ask the Prophetess where my Signet is to be found....
GM: (as Prophetess) Ritualist Timon, your Signet may be found in the ruins of the Tower of Theurgy, guarded by wards only your hand may breach.
Player: (in character) Tower of Theurgy, huh? I pull out my map and a compass. I draw a 10-mile radius circle on the map, centered on the Tower of Theurgy.
GM: (looking confused) Okay....
Player: I then ritually Geas myself to never set foot within the area represented on the map, lest I instantly die.
GM: WHAT?
Player: (addressing the Prophetess) Looks like the war has been called off...
GM: (sobs quietly)

"You're an original aren't you." that single line alone has so much connotation to it. Spike, being a long time bounty hunter, has seen this sort of mentality from a bounty head so often that it has almost become repetitive. "I have no fear of death, just a dream that lasts for an eternity" is the mentality that all vicious criminals have and that is there folly, they don't seem to understand that they are just another nuisance the world has to go through until they are eradicated. They are nothing but a rinse and repeat that do nothing to benefit the world, only to remind us that these things happen because human and society are flawed in nature. Vincent, although very entertaining, does nothing to change this stereotypical evil villain role, just like almost all evil ppl in that he doesn't fear death and so death he wishes upon others. Spike probably subconsciously picked up the mentality of evil doers because his job is to chase them and so in his condescending remark "You're an original" he portrays that Vincent really isn't original and that most, if not all, evil is inherently unoriginal, I think.

He said it perfectly. Superman is 3 characters. He Kal-El, Clark Kent, and Superman. He has to (1) manage 3 different persona's (2) He has to continuously learn and understand his Kryptonian heritage while living with the fact that his culture, family, and race of people are gone. (3) He's an adopted child. (4) He's an immigrant. (5) Superman has to try to understand the human elements that his adoptive earth parents taught him and his Smallville-life experiences of what it is to be human (6) He must constantly be the hero of earth. If there's a colossal sinking ship, he must get there in time. If a plane is in danger of crashing, he must get there to save it. If a kid wants to commit suicide, he must constantly have the patience and kindness to go talk to that kid and keep him/her from committing suicide. (7) He's a superhero and that also means he must be diplomatic with military generals, leaders, and presidents of many nations worldwide. (8) He's often burdened with the fact that, even with his awesome powers, he still can't save everyone and he cannot solve every problem like world hunger, racism, disease, bigotry, poverty, etc. (proof that he CAN'T do "everything"). Yes, Superman is a fascinating character with a lot of story to tell. I finally started understanding the character once I picked up his comic books and started reading them.