• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

Colons Used in Sentences

• There are two choices at this time: run away or fight.
  • We knew who would win the game: the Eagles
  • He wanted to see three cities in Italy: Rome, Florence and Venice
  • Remember: Two can play at that game.
  • She kept repeating: “I really want that car!”
  • Barry wanted to know why I didn’t respond to his text: I hadn’t received it.
  • Here are three states that begin with M: Michigan, Mississippi and Maine.
  • You can come pick me up now: I am feeling much better.
  • Never forget this point: Think before you speak.
  • This house has everything I need: two bedrooms, a backyard and a garage.
  • The town reminded me of my childhood vacations: both were on the beach.
  • I have several favorite genres of movies: drama, science fiction and mystery.
  • This was first said by Shakespeare: “To thine own self be true.”
  • I bought a lot of meat at the store: bacon, turkey, chicken and tuna.
  • The world is a stage: play your role well.
  • The new boss has many nice traits: friendly, outgoing and fair.
  • These are my favorite colors: purple, turquoise, pink and yellow.

Semicolons in Sentences 

• Dad is going bald; his hair is getting thinner and thinner.
  • I really like beef, with mushroom sauce; pasta, with Alfredo sauce; and salad, with French dressing.
  • You should stop eating so much food; you will have to go on a diet.
  • You need new brakes; otherwise you may not be able to stop in time.
  • Star Trek was my favorite television show during the 1960s; in fact, it is my favorite television show of all time.
  • I had a huge meal; however, I am already hungry again.
  • The Christmas ornaments are finally packed away: small, shiny ones; big, bright ones; and the homemade ones.
  • She had self-defense training; consequently she warded off the assailant.
  • We had students from Lima, Peru; Santiago, Chile; and Caracas, Venezuela.
  • We had too many fumbles; we lost the game.
  • I know you don’t like broccoli; nevertheless it is very good for you.
  • Michelle drives a Jaguar; Sonya drives a Porsche.
  • I have finished the main course; now I have to make dessert.
  • Spring brings gentle rains and warmer weather; in addition to thunderstorms and hail.
  • She calls it the bathroom; I call it the loo.
  • Mom wants the chores completed; moreover she wants them done properly.
  • I will be there as soon as I finish working; that is a promise I will definitely keep.
  • She didn’t see the other car coming; now her car has a huge dent.
  • There is mounting evidence of global warning; of course some people will never believe it.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDB5D80A7EB393E1D

https://thelamebrain.wordpress.com/2011/01/19/spark-weapons-and-armor/

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/203923/The-Book-of-the-Tarrasque

http://theindiedragon.com/dd-next-magic-items-overview

http://www.thebadguyswin.com/2016/03/wtf-dd-star-wars-d20-the-death-star-plans-of-naboo/

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StandardSnippet

My boots continue to crunch the clumps of dry alkaline soil beneath my feet as I wander through the lone valley. Unfortunately, not even the high walls of this earthen cradle can protect me from the beating of the midday sun. Each pathetically immature specimen of barrel cactus on this path reminds me that pickings are slim and my chances of survival are even slimmer.

"Well, birthdays are merely symbolic of how another year has gone by and how little we've grown. No matter how desperate we are that someday a better self will emerge, with each flicker of the candles on the cake, we know it's not to be, that for the rest of our sad, wretched pathetic lives, this is who we are to the bitter end. Inevitably, irrevocably; happy birthday? No such thing."

tumblr_inline_oq2bwcRyLg1sy243q_540.jpg

Universal: Homemade artisan herb bread, home grown and dried apples and prunes, uncured beef sausage, munster cheese. Made a small bag from cheesecloth and tied it closed.

tumblr_inline_oq2c15QLEn1sy243q_540.jpg

Dwarf: Garlic chicken livers, smoked and peppered cheese, spiced pork sausages, hard tack, dried vegetables, dried wild mushrooms.

tumblr_inline_oq2dznMWTQ1sy243q_540.jpg

Elf: Top left to right: Evereskan Honey Comb, Elven Travel Bread (Amaretto Liquer Cake with custom swirls), Lurien Spring Cheese (goat cheese with garlic, salt, spices and shallots), Delimbyr Vale Smoked Silverfin (Salmon), Honey Spiced Lichen (Kale Chips), and Silverwood Pine Nuts.

tumblr_inline_oq2e3hJmkQ1sy243q_540.jpg

Halfling: From upper left: “Honeytack” Hard tack honey cakes, beef sausage, pork sausage mini links, mini whole wheat toast, cranberry cheddar cheese mini wedge, mini pickles, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, lower right is my homemade “travel cake” muesli with raisins, golden prunes, honey, eggs and cream.

tumblr_inline_oq2e5sN1gU1sy243q_540.jpg

Half-Orc: Wrapped in cheesecloth and tied in burlap package. Forest strider drumsticks, molasses sweet wheat bread “black strap”, aged Munster, hard boiled eggs, mixed wild nuts.

tumblr_inline_oq2e7wpPNN1sy243q_540.jpg

Orc: Orcs aren’t known for their great cuisine. Orcs prefer foods that are readily available (whatever can be had by raiding), and portable with little preparation, though they have a few racial delicacies. Toughs strips of lean meat, bones scavenged from recent kills, and dark coarse bread make up the bulk of common orc rations. Fire roasted rothe femur (marrow is a rare treat) [beef femur], Strips of dried meat (of unknown origin) [homemade goose jerky], foraged nuts, only edible by orcs….nut cracker tusks [brazil nuts], coarse black bread, made with whatever grains can be pillaged [black sesame bread], Pungent peppers [Habanero peppers stuffed with smoked fish and olives].

tumblr_inline_oq2eaaftuN1sy243q_540.jpg

Gnome: Pan fried Delimbyr smelt, spiced goat cheese (paprika crusted hand pressed Fontina), Gnome shortbread (savory pistachio), glass travel jar filled with Secomber Red (wine), hard boiled quail eggs packed in rolled oats (to keep safe), dried figs from Calimshan, and Southwood smoked goat sausage (blood sausage).

tumblr_inline_oq2ecaqxHQ1sy243q_540.jpg

Lizardfolk: Lizardfolk are known to be omnivores, forage for a surprising variety of foods found within the confines of their marshy environs, in this case the Lizard Marsh near Daggerford. Fresh caught boiled Delimbyr Crayfish on wild chives, coastal carrageen moss entrapping estuary brine shrimp (irish moss, dried brine shrimp), Brackish-Berries (blackberries), Blackened Dart-Frog legs (frog legs) on spring sprouts (clover sprouts), roasted bog bugs on a stick!

tumblr_inline_oq2eemFFfA1sy243q_540.jpg

Drow: From top left: Menzoberranzan black truffle rothe cheese (Black Knight Tilsit), Donigarten Moss Snails (Escargot in shallot butter sauce), Blind cave fish caviar in mushroom caps (Lumpfish caviar), faerzress infused duck egg imported from the surface Realms (Century egg), Black velvet ear fungus (Auricularia Black Fungus Mushroom).