Dynamite Comics to publish John Carter of Mars series

Ranxerox

Re: Dynamite Comics to publish John Carter of Mars series

Been waiting for this. I liked their Buck Rogers material a lot. If they pull this off right, it should rock. My only gripe with Dynamite is their propensity to advertise their other lines in any given comic book, and since all their books are extreamly good, the advertisement blows the immersion sub out of the water and interupts the feel of a good comic read. Still....Gonna be awesome.

~Rex

Successor?

Kind of. Joe Jusko's art is like Vallejo's was before all his women started looking like Julie Bell and all his men starting looking like Boris Vallejo. So Joe Jusko could be seen a successor to the Boris Vallejo of yore.

Kind of. Joe Jusko's art is like Vallejo's was before all his women started looking like Julie Bell and all his men starting looking like Boris Vallejo. So Joe Jusko could be seen a successor to the Boris Vallejo of yore.

Except Vallejo's men always looked like Boris and before his women looked like Julie Bell, they looked like Doris Vallejo. Jusko, at least, has various figures and forms for his art.

Well some of his men always have always looked like Boris and some of them looked liked Doris, but he used to be able to do other figures. Sorry, Joe Jusko's work look a lot more like Boris Vallejo's work than Frank Frazetta's to me. YMMV.

Yeah I'm fine with Jusko.......never been a huge fan of Vallejo myself....more a Frazzetta fan....Liked Stephen Fabian a lot back in the day as well......Then again I was also a huge Cyndi Wood fan, heh..

http://mydelineatedlife.blogspot.com/2009/11/atali.html

Either way, I think I'll be happy with this comic.....I still have many fond memories of the old Marvel run of John Carter back in the beginnings of my comic collecting days by Marv Wolfman and Gil Kane......Liked that art as well.

~Rex

Well some of his men always have always looked like Boris and some of them looked liked Doris' date=' but he used to be able to do other figures. Sorry, Joe Jusko's work look a lot more like Boris Vallejo's work than Frank Frazetta's to me. YMMV.[/quote']

I see the stylistic similarity to Vallejo's work. Its quite clear. But Joe Jusko is a more versatile artist in terms of producing varied work. Vallejo is very much a one trick pony who has gotten good at doing the same thing, and even the same figures, over and over again. Also, Jusko has a good sense of Frazetta's thematic elements and underlying verve. His work looks more like Vallejos, but feels more like Frazetta's, in my inexpert opinon.