Product Unavailable

Doomslayer2007

:(There is a store near to where I live but the owner is unable to get any Hero System products. Could someone help with this?

The Store is Gamer's Guild.

The Address is:

4550 Broadway Street

Boulder, CO 80304

(303) 997-6496

I want to both help support this store and Hero system products but that is a little difficult when none of his suppliers carry nor can get hero system products. Hope someone in charge can help.

Thx,

Doomslayer

Re: Product Unavailable

:(There is a store near to where I live but the owner is unable to get any Hero System products. Could someone help with this?

The Store is Gamer's Guild.

The Address is:

4550 Broadway Street

Boulder, CO 80304

(303) 997-6496

I want to both help support this store and Hero system products but that is a little difficult when none of his suppliers carry nor can get hero system products. Hope someone in charge can help.

Thx,

Doomslayer

Have them try contacting Alliance Games Distributors, that's who I used to use when I had my store.

Not to cast any aspersions, or assume that anyone in particular is to blame; but I've heard from many folks in the game business that some employees of distributors (and retailers, for that matter) will sometimes say that products they don't usually carry, don't have in stock, or just plain don't know about, are unavailable, out of print, don't exist, etc. just to avoid the bother of searching for them. Bad business practice, of course, but not all employees (or employers) are conscientious or motivated.

You or your store's owner might have to rattle some cages a bit to find out for sure what the availability of your desired products is. :sneaky:

Hero products are available from all major distributors. Who does he use that's having so much trouble? Also' date=' retailers can order directly from us. Honestly, we're not that hard to find. dw[/quote']

believe it or not... your products are hard to find in stores... I used to work in a game store and all of the major suppliers would tell us the same thing... "Nope, we don't carry that"...

Now that I am just a consumer, there is not one store in our entire metro area that carries them... Most people don't think about ordering gaming books online. It's a Major issue because most gamers want to play something that is eady to get ahold of and is supported by the local community. If they don't see hero games in the shop, they assume no one plays it because it's not supported... Most of the new generation of gamers has no idea that hero exists because they don't see it in their local stores...

I've pretty much given up on the few local stores and buy directly from DOJ. I also buy books on line because all the local book stores have closed(in the '70s we had 4 stores within 15 miles, by the early '90s 1 and that store closed almost 2 years ago :))

I both order from DOJ directly and support my local store. I look locally first, and then order from DOJ if they do not have it and I want it soon. Otherwise, I ask when it will be in and try after that. If I miss it two times in a row, I order from DOJ. I want my local store still there and carrying HERO products so I can possibly add players later.

My local store has a fair selection of both old and new stuff. I have to time the new stuff close to, but after release to get it, as they tend to often run out. (Example: 6th edition Volume one was sold out, but they had one volume 2)

Yeah...within the next two months, we'll have a HUGE gaming store opening up, called +1 Gaming... I am already talking to the owner... well...I emailed the owner... I am trying to run demos of hero to generate interest and get the stuff on the shelves...

I think Hero Games should run an MIB (Demo-monkey) program like SJ games

believe it or not... your products are hard to find in stores... I used to work in a game store and all of the major suppliers would tell us the same thing... "Nope, we don't carry that"...

Now that I am just a consumer, there is not one store in our entire metro area that carries them... Most people don't think about ordering gaming books online. It's a Major issue because most gamers want to play something that is eady to get ahold of and is supported by the local community. If they don't see hero games in the shop, they assume no one plays it because it's not supported... Most of the new generation of gamers has no idea that hero exists because they don't see it in their local stores...

See, I hear this occasionally from retailers and fans, and I'm honestly at a loss as to what to do about it, because it's simply not true. Diamond, Alliance, ACD, Lion Rampant, Warpath, etc., etc. all carry our line. Who are these suppliers who don't have our products? Please get me some specifics- if any store doesn't have an easy way to get our products otherwise for whatever reason, they can very simply send us an order by phone or email. Somebody somewhere is dropping the ball or telling tales. dw