A character focused on EGO.

Ragitsu

Re: A character focused on EGO.

There's an advantage "Based on CON". If there isn't one for "Based on EGO"' date=' it would be pretty easy to extrapolate.[/quote']

Based on CON is specifically for using mental powers to create abilities that don't use a 'mental' sfx (truth serum as an example).

The only options in the other direction really only deal with changing the default Combat Value that an ability uses (BOECV in 5e and Based on Alternative CV in 6e).

In 6E, there is Attack Versus Alternate Defense, which can change an attack's defense to Mental Defense (AVLD and/or NND in 5E). There's Alternate Combat Value, which can shift an attack's CV roll to OMCV and/or DMCV (BOECV in 5E). Telekinesis can be made into Psychokinesis using these. Adjustment Powers can directly affect EGO, and in this instance are frequently built with these Modifiers as well. Transform has a Modifier, Works Against EGO, Not BODY, primarily intended for Mental Transforms.

There are the Mental Powers; Mental Defense; any other Defense Powers or Modifiers that apply against Mental Powers (Damage Reduction, Damage Negation, Resistant Protection, etc.). Some other Powers might be modified or specially tweaked to have a primarily mental special effect (potentially Duplication, Desolidification, maybe some others).

With GM permission, some Enhanced Senses or other sensory-related Powers could be bought to use an EGO Roll rather than a PER Roll, possibly entailing a modifier. (Alternately, the character could have a power called something like Psionic Senses, which would be enough Enhanced Perception with all Sense Groups to bring his base PER Roll equal to his EGO Roll, which wouldn't require GM permission.)

The Hero Games online store has the 5E supplement The Ultimate Mentalist in both hard copy and PDF, which might be worth picking up. If you're using 6E a few things might take some translation, but the book is largely usable as is.

Just put Requires an Ego Roll on any power you feel requires a test of willpower to activate. :P

More or less this, but I'll throw out some ideas:

- Extra END and/or STUN that represents stamina derived from sheer willpower. An Aid may work just as well here.

- Damage Reduction, probably versus STUN to ignore pain from attacks.

- Various forms of life support because the character almost wills himself into immunity

- "Extra Push" abilities

- HA dice with a backlashing side effect - the character punches harder by ignoring his fists' pain

- Drain OCV and/or DCV - The character's sheer persistence gives them a slow but sure advantage in combat

- Character probably has few, if any Psychological Complications

- Some DMCV should help

- Extra CON that RAR to represent a high pain threshold

- Staredown ability - a RAR that's EGO Roll vs. EGO Roll to various effects

That's just off the top of my head. Hope I helped. That said, I once designed a character around a high PRE; he's fun to play. :D

I am looking for characters or Power choices that primarily rely on EGO to be effective in and out of combat.

To help you with out of combat powers I would recommend you look at Champions Powers. It's got sections on sensory and mind control as well. It's a shiny book all updated for 6th if that's your bag.