Left 4 Dead Hero

Susano

Re: Left 4 Dead Hero

Cool, I'm checking it out, now.

Question about the Tank, or any super-strong characters: do they really have to pay points (in addition to paying for high Strength) in order throw heavy objects? Wouldn't that just be something you can do, if you have the strength?

If you're referring to "Rips Up Concrete To Throw", this allows the Tank to always rip up a 1 x 2m chunk of ground (provided the ground is solid enough) and throw it, without worrying about the Tank doing enough damage to the ground's DEF to pull up said chunk.

Oh, okay. That's a neat way to do that. Thanks!

You could substitude that would an RKA, couldn't you?

It also means the Tank always does 8d6 of damage, regardless of what he rips up.

You could make it an RKA, but that would also make it rather lethal (8d6 of Blast = 2 1/d6 of RKA) and would kill most people in one shot. Alos, you'd need to decide what he's tossing to make it an RKA (metal I-beams?)

Well, it wouldn't have to be an RKA at necessarily the same level, but actually, I would prefer a greater lethality for it. The way I look at it is that Expert is the "canon" difficulty level: you can't take tons of punches from crazy people without being hurt pretty quickly, and something like the Tank, which can punch cars a hundred feet or shatter thick concrete walls and pillars and such, is going to either kill you in one punch or leave you too broken to do anything. The concrete chunks he rips up, at that size and thrown at that velocity, are going to be either lethal or devastating. I could see Survivors, since they're the heroes, being lucky or tough enough to (potentially) survive, but I actually have no problem with the thrown concrete killing average people in one hit. That seems like what probably happened in the setting, actually.

:)

Wow, yikes. The post you quoted has some serious typos. Fixed!

Well, it wouldn't have to be an RKA at necessarily the same level, but actually, I would prefer a greater lethality for it. The way I look at it is that Expert is the "canon" difficulty level: you can't take tons of punches from crazy people without being hurt pretty quickly, and something like the Tank, which can punch cars a hundred feet or shatter thick concrete walls and pillars and such, is going to either kill you in one punch or leave you too broken to do anything. The concrete chunks he rips up, at that size and thrown at that velocity, are going to be either lethal or devastating. I could see Survivors, since they're the heroes, being lucky or tough enough to (potentially) survive, but I actually have no problem with the thrown concrete killing average people in one hit. That seems like what probably happened in the setting, actually.

:)

Wow, yikes. The post you quoted has some serious typos. Fixed!

I'll also point out that the characters I made up were meant to simulate the Normal and were meant for Con play. Obviously, you can do what you want with them.

Oh, I saw where you put that. Where I would probably shoot for more of an Expert level, which would only a change a few things, I think. Mainly the Special Infected (and maybe the Commons a bit).

I think you did really well on your stuff and I wish to shamelessly steal it for a game sometime. :)

I'll also be working on my own builds as I get the hang of the system. Since I specialize in video game characters, I think I'll start with the First Lady of Gaming: Samus Aran.