WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

Sounds like CM Punk has left the WWE in some frustration.

To me, this is really bad news.  I love Punk.

I love Punk too, he's one of the best wrestlers WWE has right now and one of the few guys who can get over with the fans despite WWE's recent questionable booking.  I really hate to see him go, on the other hand he deserves to work someplace that doesn't think of him as an afterthought.

• 3 weeks later...

Nelson Frazier Jr., WWE's Mabel, Viscera and Big Daddy V, dies at 43

Nelson Frazier, who wrestled in WWE under the names Mabel, Viscera and Big Daddy V, died after an apparent heart attack at the age of 43, WWE is reporting.

Frazier joined WWE as Mabel, one-half of the "Men on a Mission" tag team, before morphing into Viscera, a member of the Undertaker's "Ministry of Darkness," in 1999. He later changed his name to Big Daddy V.

I liked him, he was fun. Sadly, he was grotesquely obese, and ultimately paid for it far too young. RIP.

1723943_10151939585267322_1264185690_n.j

Good news for folks who enjoy New Japan.  On May 10th and May 15th, though I'm not sure on the second date you might want to check that yourself, New Japan and Ring of Honor will be pooling their resources for two shows.  The first is Global Wars in Toronto and the second is War of the Worlds in New York.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my tickets to the May 10th ROH show today.  Should be good, the main event is Adam Cole vs Kevin Steen for the ROH World title and New Japan sent some of it's top stars for the show.  Apparently the IWGP Heavyweight Title, New Japan's top title, is being defended in New York so it seems likely Toronto will get a title shot as well.

I'm a very happy wrestling fan.

Got my tickets to the May 10th ROH show today. Should be good, the main event is Adam Cole vs Kevin Steen for the ROH World title and New Japan sent some of it's top stars for the show. Apparently the IWGP Heavyweight Title, New Japan's top title, is being defended in New York so it seems likely Toronto will get a title shot as well.

I'm a very happy wrestling fan.

So...damn...jealous.

• 2 weeks later...

I do think that somebody else should've been the one to end the Streak, but apparently it's what Taker himself wanted so I'm okay with it.

Besides, with Daniel Bryan, the Shield, AJ Lee AND Cesaro going over last night I can't be upset about anything regarding the show.  I'll be buying it on DVD when it comes out.

And now the Shield are good guys, Cesaro becomes a Paul Heyman guy and AJ has lost the women's belt to one of the NXT people.

Undertaker suffering severe concussion and in hospital overnight.

I hope Taker's not hurt beyond the concussion.  That said, the actual RAW stuff sounds good.  Shield being the good guys leads to more matches between them and the Wyatt Family for starters, AJ losing the belt to Paige elevates Paige and the possibility of Cesaro vs Lesnar is awesome in my opinion.  It's not often you see Lesnar fight somebody who's capable of matching him in the strength department.

Cesaro's strength is astounding.  He does things that just blow my mind...without looking like he is a 'roided up monster.  He might be the strongest man in the WWE.  He is very impressive.

Pound for pound the strongest, as the saying goes. He's great to watch, and his Wrestlemania moment was great ... but I really wanted Big Show to win.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...