WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is a good idea to keep Cena breaking Flair's record for a while at least.

Sting has been underused and yes a title shot for him is a good thing. it takes the title shot away from Lesner and removes any pressure on Reigns.

Anyway that The Undertaker beats Lesner is fine by me.

Except that Lesnar is one of the WWE's big money guys and having him lose to the 50 year old who's well past his prime, to say the least, makes him look bad.  You should be elevating one of the younger wrestlers on the roster by having them beat Brock, not propping up the career of an old wrestler who shouldn't retired some time ago.

Sting is also 50.  Yes he was a great performer in his prime but his time is past now.  He should be moving aside so that somebody else can have the shot.  WWE needs to build new stars, not prop up past their prime stars.

Here I would say that after Lesner was allowed to decimate Cena last year to win the title and then only turn up occasionally, they could not do the same thing again this year. Lesner was due a loss albeit controversial. But it is a problem with WWE or the faith they have in some of their people. They just can't have the champion be Orton or Cena.

Here I would say that after Lesner was allowed to decimate Cena last year to win the title and then only turn up occasionally, they could not do the same thing again this year. Lesner was due a loss albeit controversial. But it is a problem with WWE or the faith they have in some of their people. They just can't have the champion be Orton or Cena.

He already had a loss when he dropped the title to Rollins.  Having him lose to Undertaker only makes him look weak at this point.

He already had a loss when he dropped the title to Rollins.  Having him lose to Undertaker only makes him look weak at this point.

Objection !

Rollins beat Reigns which was perhaps the only way to get the title away from Lesner. Yes technically Lesner lost but it is not the same as a normal Triple Threat match.

Which raises the proposition does the WWE have no faith in its current crop of employees ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After the Wyatt family decimated first the Undertaker and then Kane, Bray Wyatt bragged about it in the ring. So what happens ? Back both of them come to take issue with him and the rest of his family. Which they do and they take out the rest of the family as well.

which is not really what you might comment on except that this confrontation was in Manchester in Britain.

Seth Rollins is out injured and has been stripped of the title.

• 1 month later...

So the Authority puts the belt up for grabs which Roman Reigns won after defeating Dean Ambrose only for Seamus to cash in the Money in the Bank and take it after he had it for a matter of seconds. This with the connivance of the Authority.

Then at their last PPV of the year, Seamus retains against Reigns. Reigns goes on the warpath afterwards and 'beats' up Triple H putting him in hospital.

Mr McMahon on RAW puts Reigns in a must win match which Seamus takes. If Reigns does not beat Seamus and take the title then he is fired. So Reigns wins.

Dean Ambrose is now the Intercontinental Champion defeating Kevin Owens at the PPV.

Ric Flair's daughter Charlotte is now the Divas champion. And her dad is helping her win.

• 1 month later...

The winner of the Royal Rumble match becomes the champion, a stipulation made by the McMahons against Roman Reigns and they also stuck him in at Number 1.

A J Styles made his debut in the match at No 3.

Lesnar got knocked out by the Wyatt family.

Triple H came in at No 30 and won taking out Reigns and Ambrose in the process.

This won't last. Wrestlemania or before he will lose it.

The winner of the Royal Rumble match becomes the champion, a stipulation made by the McMahons against Roman Reigns and they also stuck him in at Number 1.

A J Styles made his debut in the match at No 3.

Lesnar got knocked out by the Wyatt family.

Triple H came in at No 30 and won taking out Reigns and Ambrose in the process.

This won't last. Wrestlemania or before he will lose it.

Sadly it's far to late, the damage is done.  The guy they want to be number one looks like a colossal choker and a wuss, who couldn't last one Royal Rumble without heading to the back for a nap.  Meanwhile, the title is on a semi retired wrestler whom most of the older fans were tired of ages ago and whom most of the younger fans don't even know.  Which means your Wrestlemania main event is the guy who's looked beyond weak vs the old guy who's not as cool or talented as Rock or Austin.

I get the feeling there are massive creative differences backstage. 

Off course I can only speculate but it seems to me that there are someone who wants Roman to look really strong. But there are also some who wants him to look like a chump and a looser who have gotten everything handed to him.

And I think the first one are the ones giving the orders and the second ones are the one who implement them. 

So as a result we have Roman being shown as a bad ass against audience favorites then taken out of the match only to come back in later to mop up the guys who are tired and spent. And the heel that come in at last spend a lot of time in the match actually fighting and "winning" a hard fought victory. 

The reason I think so is that if the ones who implement the orders really wanted to make Roman look like strong they would let him stay in the match beating people up and then have everyone gang up on him kick his ass and then have HHH sneaky eliminate Lesnar for a cheap win. 

Its not just this match either. Roman has been shown as a cool bad ass in some segments, like when he lost his mind and just beat up everyone. But he also have been given material which I think was designed to torpedo him. "Tater tots anyone"

What do you guys think? Is WWE a house divided? Too many eunuchs in the palace? Or am I wrong?

Husband's thoughts...

1)       Fast Lane- Ambrose vs. Reigns vs. Lesnar.  Match is even with lots of near-falls… towards the end, Reigns and Lesnar are fighting near the ring apron when the Wyatts show up, causing Reigns and Lesnar to team up to fight the Wyatts.  They do so, but Reigns catches a chair from a Wyatt, and as he rolls into the ring, Ambrose pins him to take the title shot.

So now the match is HHH vs. Ambrose for the belt.  And after having Lesnar and Reigns team up to obliterate the Wyatts on RAW, the second main event is set as Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar- and just to appease Vince, it’s a loser-leaves-WWE match

So now Reigns is fighting the guy he couldn’t beat last year- with his career at stake- and even Heyman is getting worried as well as pissed at the McMahons

2)      Wrestlemania.  I would love to have Ambrose win the belt here- but I need Triple H to hold it a little longer.  Though maybe the crowd can get behind him to the point that it happens.

But the bigger match is Reigns-Lesnar.  And in this match… Reigns win, cleanly, to send Brock out of the WWE (until they need him again)

3)       And the next night, Roman Reigns comes out with his new manager- Paul Heyman.  “You found a man to slay the Beast.  I did not think anyone alive could do that.  But this Beastslayer?  He’s after you, Vince.  He’s after you, Hunter.  And I wouldn’t want to get in his way, Stephanie.  As for me… you took Brock out of the WWE.  That hurts me personally and financially.  So it’s in our best interests to work together.  And if I were you, Mister McMahon… I would tread very carefully.”

Turning Reigns from playful face into monster tweener