WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

• 3 weeks later...

The WWE announced a battle royal for the women but have had to rename it after a lot of unpleasant things came out about The Fabulous Moolah.

The card is shaping up as AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura which should be really good, Lesner vs Reigns, Charlotte Flair vs Asuka and the Andre Battle Royal.

The rest is still speculation with Alexa Bliss not having an opponent yet. (officially) and John Cena trying to get the Undertaker to fight him.

Rusev is also looking for an opponent.

• 2 weeks later...

New Japan had an event in America with the highlight being The Young Bucks vs The Golden Lovers. Now as Kenny and the Young Bucks are in The Bullet Club this was a bit of a conflict. The match went nearly 40 minutes which is not the strong point of the Young Bucks. Matt of the Young Bucks was 'also carrying a back injury' and he goaded Kenny into giving him the One Winged Angel finisher. This was broken up but he ate the Golden Trigger finisher. Cody Rhodes attacked the pair after the match but was chased off as the Golden Lovers re-entered the ring,. Kenny thn tried making peace with the Bucks but Matt was not up for it.

Another good point of the match  Jim Ross on commentary.

• 2 weeks later...

Wrestlemania threw up a few surprises.

Asuka was defeated by the reigning champion Charlotte Flair. That is the first of them.

The biggest is that Lesner beat Reigns again. But Lesner's contract expired last night. So where are they going with this ?

Braun Strowman beat Cesaro and Sheamus with a fan chosen at ringside.

Rollins beat The Miz and  Finn Balor for the Intercontinental belt making the Shield grand slam champions. Rollins was the last to complete the set.

Randy Orton lost to Jinder Mahalto win the US championship.

Nia Jax beat Alexa Bliss for the women's championship of RAW. The surprise in both Women's matches is that Carnella did not cash in her Money in the Bank contract.

Shane o'Mac and Daniel Bryan beat Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn so the latter are fired. There was an opportunity for a swerve here but it was not taken

The Undertaker did turn up and squashed John Cena..

AJ Styles retained his belt against Nakamura who then turned heel on him.

The Bludgeon Brothers (ex Bray Wyatt family) beats the USOs and The New Day to become Tag Team champions.

Naomi won the women's battle royale after it looked like Bayley had.

Matt Hardy won the Andre the Giant battle royale.

Rhonda Rousey won which surprised no-one

8 minutes ago, death tribble said:

There were several wrestling promotions in New Orleans that weekend including Ring of Honor. Cody Rhodes beat Kenny Omega after the Young Bucks superkicked Omega (although on the video it looks like they tried to hit Cody and he ducked).

Has anyone got a Bullet Club T-Shirt. Just asking.

I do actually.  I don't know where it actually is at the moment but I have one.  A New Japan t-shirt too.  Wanted a Los Ingobenerables de Japon one but the store didn't have any in my size.

You could always get a Golden Lovers one. Just saying.

Paige officially retired last night on Raw. Lashley returned and squashed Elias. He get him up in the air for a long time. Have a look at the clip on the WWE website or on Youtube. It's a real feat of strength. Ember Moon also made her debut on the main roster. Samoa Joe is also back.

And according to reports Lesner has signed a new contract.

On 4/10/2018 at 3:50 PM, death tribble said:

You could always get a Golden Lovers one. Just saying.

Paige officially retired last night on Raw. Lashley returned and squashed Elias. He get him up in the air for a long time. Have a look at the clip on the WWE website or on Youtube. It's a real feat of strength. Ember Moon also made her debut on the main roster. Samoa Joe is also back.

And according to reports Lesner has signed a new contract.

Actually I can't, at least not yet.  I checked the Hot Topic online store and they don't actually have Golden Lovers t-shirts yet.  Could get one for the Elite though.

• 4 weeks later...

No changes after the Backlash Pay Per View.

Seth Rollins retained the IC title against The Miz;

AJ Styles and Nakamura went to a no contest so Styles retains;

Jeff Hardy retained the US title against Randy Orton;

Nia Jax retained against Alexa Bliss;

Carmella retained against Charlotte Flair. This was probably big surprise on the night.

Reigns beat Samoa Joe, Bayley was defeated by Ruby Riott, Strowman and Lashley beat Owens and Zayn and Daniel Bryan beat Big Cass.

Elsewhere New Japan finished their latest big event and the reigning champion challenged Kenny Omega to another fight.at the next event as they went to a draw at the same place last year. That was an hour long match and this next one will be no time limit and two out of three falls. Their previous two matches were the ones that broke Dave Meltzer's system gaining six stars out of five, so this should be good.

• 1 month later...

Kenny Omega beat Okada at New Dominion 2018. This got 7 stars from Dave Meltzer.

Jericho was on the same card and got 4.5 stars for his match.

Meanwhile back at Money in the Bank

A J Styles retained against Nakamura,

Nia Jax lost via DQ to Rousey due to Alexa Bliss intervening with her Money in the Bank case which she used to invoke her match clause and become new Women's champion on Raw.

Rollins retained the Intercontinental belt but lost it the next night on Raw to Dolph Ziggler.

Daniel Bryan beat Big Cass who was let go afterwards.

Asuka lost to Carnella because of James Ellsworth returning.

And Braun Strowman won the men's Money in the Bank. When he cashes in oh boy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I got the WWE Network but its has gotten worse and worse. I watch Nxt and it was great there was this great feud which had a real heel the champion was a cool guy. There were monsters and bad asses everywhere. 

But then the heel won the feud. And then he suddenly and immediately got into a title feud where he said that he was going to take away the cool factor of the champ. Which he did. And won. I sort of lost interest but I saw that he went on to beat both the most popular baby faces right after. Also the babyface he had a kick ass feud with is being turned into a heel/buffoon. The heel named Champa is great but he is not being done any favors by being hot shotted into beating everybody in record time. Nxt have gone from the place where the wrestling were good and wins and looses mattered to the place where the cool heel beats up all the stupid babyfaces. I bet HHH is writing nxt now because it sucks. 

So I have not watched wrestling for a while. Today I watch Summerslam. The show chugs along, things look a little off, not as polished as it use too.

It starts with the New day against the Bludgon brothers. The new days gimmick sucks ass, every man in that team was better on their own. Bunch of pandering flamboyant crap and a waste of talent. Not that it matter because the Bludong brothers just hits the New Day with their Bludgons and thats was that. Boring and lame match where nothing matters.

Then a ray of light as Strowman kicks Kevin Owens ass. That was fun. It was also way to short.

Then we come to the womens match for the smackdown championship. It was supposed to be Lynch vs Carmella both are great and I was looking forward to that match. But then we get to see that Charlotte Flair have "saved" Becky Lynch from Carmella and as a reward she is in the match too. So off course the match is a mess, Charlotte wins, Lynch turns heel to justify this somehow and it just sucks. Lynch is the most popular female wrestler now so why try to sabotage her? And for Flair which championship have been not a failure but not a raging succeeds either? So that sucks.

AJ Styles and Samoa Joe have a good match. With stakes and payoff. Joe was also the best wrestler tonight. As I said before everyone else seemed more sloppy than usual.

Miz defeats Daniel Bryan but he cheats so it does not mean anything. Also the match was again kinda sloppy because Miz cant really hang. Kinda lame.

Balor beats Corbin, Corbin used to be cool but now they have given him the stupidest gimmick possible and he looses all the time so this was obviously just a filler match to give Balor something to do. He is also popular but is being kept away from making an impact. Boring and lame.

WWE have really dropped the ball lately so my patience is thinner than it has ever been with their show so now I start to fast forward something I very rarely do. 

And I end up on the Reigns vs Lesnar match. It ends up with Strowman being beaten up by Lesnar and then Reigns pins Lesnar to win the title. I dont hate Reigns but I also dont care. I do care a little bit about Lesnar and Strowman though. So again we got the lamest guy who wins. Which is WWE now adays. WWE need to hire some new writers. 

I am going to watch one more Nxt this month and if it does not blow my socks off with sheer awesomeness I am canceling my network. 

Yeah I started to fast forward and skipped Bliss and Rousey. 

Asuka, Lynch, Balor, Bryan, Ambrose, Mcintyre and others there is a long list of interesting and cool characters that work in WWE unfortunately WWE only can go with two stars at the time it seems. Its Reigns and Flair. The rest are afterthoughts and filler

I wish I could understand the Roman Reigns hate. He is good in the ring when not paired with Brock Lesner. He has gotten better on the mic and again is a ton better than Brock (hence Paul Hayman). He not only loses matches as much as other "Upper card" guys but loses fueds to people like The Miz (not a shot at the Miz, just pointing out he loses feuds to guys who aren't in the Universal title picture). He was not part of a universal title match for quite a few months as people like Samoa Joe and Braun Stroman went after the title. And before that it was Seth Rollins fighting Fin Balor for it right? Didn't Kevin Owens hold it and then Goldberg and then Brock? It seems like it's been even longer than I thought since Roman was in a match for the main belt. I was actually quite happy to see him win the title as it really needed to come off of Brock about 6 months ago.

I dont get the Roman Reigns hate either. I used to think he was cool when he was the silent badass in the shield. But somewhere I just lost interest. I think it was around his feud with the Big Show. They keep putting him on the microphone having him play this quick witted sharp tongued character. It just comes of as contrived. So I lost interest in him. Best thing they could do with him is have him go away for a while and have him come back being a scary dude like Undertaker or something. He could pull that off with ease and it would be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

And the All In show has taken place.

All the Bullet Club people won with perhaps the most significant win being Cody Rhodes winning a belt that his dad won.

After Kenny Omega beat Pentagon Jnr the lights went out. And then when they went back on nothing seemed to have changed. Except that Pentagon suddenly attacked Kenny and gave him the Codebreaker. Yup. Chris Jericho in disguise. Setting up a fight on his cruise.

Okada also won.

the last match was a six man tag which just finished before TV time elapsed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Roman Reigns has relinquished the Universal Title as he is fighting lukemia. I wish him well in fighting it.

John Morrison aka Johnny Impact beat Austin Aries to take the Impact World Title. After which Austin no sold the finish and stormed off in a huff. He is reportedly finished with the company. Abyss was inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame.

On 10/23/2018 at 1:04 PM, death tribble said:

Roman Reigns has relinquished the Universal Title as he is fighting lukemia. I wish him well in fighting it.

John Morrison aka Johnny Impact beat Austin Aries to take the Impact World Title. After which Austin no sold the finish and stormed off in a huff. He is reportedly finished with the company. Abyss was inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame.

Which means Aries has burned bridges with ROH and Impact.  Not sure of the circumstances of his WWE release so I can't comment there.  He might be damaged goods at this point.