WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

Re: WWE Snark-Free Zone

I gotta admit' date=' I love the 450 Splash, but Justin Gabriel walks away like he's hurt every time he does it. I wonder how long before he's forced to retire it.[/quote']

I always considered that was just him selling it like RVD always did the 5star and Evan Bourne does the Air Bourne. I think the WWE has shown their trust in Gabriel and the move considering he uses it all the time against everyone. Heck Vince took it... and Cena has several times. If they were to protect someone, it would be those two.

I actually caught the end of RAW for the first time in a while. I couldn't help but think that he's absolutely what was missing.

Cena, Miz, Punk... they all have their benefits, but someone who can work a crowd like that has been missing a long time. Glad to see they're pairing him with someone he hasn't feuded with 1,000 times.

I actually caught the end of RAW for the first time in a while. I couldn't help but think that he's absolutely what was missing.

Cena, Miz, Punk... they all have their benefits, but someone who can work a crowd like that has been missing a long time. Glad to see they're pairing him with someone he hasn't feuded with 1,000 times.

Most of the people he's feuded with 1,000 times are retired. Only Taker, HHH and Kane are left from those days.

Yeah but that's to be expected since The Rock was the young kid showing up at the tail end of those guy's career's.......

It'll be interesting to see what they do with him. Not sure why he's really back. Granted while not a fan of most of his movies except Drive Faster where we finally got a good action flick out of the guy instead of something like Tooth Fairy, that's still a lot of money to walk away from towards wrestling again.

Would have gotten a hell of a laugh out of The Rock being reveald as the Raw GM though, heh.

~Rex

FINALLY! The Rock..HAS COME BACK to the WWE! I have been waiting for this about 5 years! I may actually have to shell out money I can't afford to get Wrestlemania on PPV this year. BTW, I noticed above some talk of Sting possibly coming to the WWE. Is there anything backing that up, or is it just speculation? Yes, despite my handle, I am a bit behind on my wrestling news. I blame my job.

FINALLY! The Rock..HAS COME BACK to the WWE! I have been waiting for this about 5 years! I may actually have to shell out money I can't afford to get Wrestlemania on PPV this year. BTW' date=' I noticed above some talk of Sting possibly coming to the WWE. Is there anything backing that up, or is it just speculation? Yes, despite my handle, I am a bit behind on my wrestling news. I blame my job.[/quote']

The Internet has reported that the WWE is interested in Sting,but there has been no actual news on negotiations. Some believe that he will wind up heading back to TNA. There was a report in a NY newspaper that Sting had signed with the WWE, but that was never more than speculation. I wish it would happen because Taker vs. Sting at Atlanta at Wrestlemania would be epic, especially with the Rock running around. But I don't think it is going to happen.

While a Sting/Taker match at Mania would be epic in and of itself, I can't see how it would work in such a short span of time. It's not a match that should be built up to and settled in a month and a half. No, I think it needs to be much like the '97 Sting/Hogan feud from WCW, which slowly built to a fever pitch over a year. Even then, I think Sting would have to win or else the whole build was meaningless but yet Sting doesn't need that rub.

IMO, John Cena is the last money match opponent left for Taker. That said, I think we can all agree that anyone who beats Taker is going to be a heel afterwards at this point, so it may as well be someone who could run with it. If WWE ever actually considers turning Cena heel, well, there's their chance for a new "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan if I ever saw it. But if there's anyone on the current roster who I think could use the rub and take off with it, it's Wade Barrett, depending on how he's booked afterwards.

Taker winning at one more Wrestlemania is a given. That puts his record at 20-0 and I think he'll retire after that. If Sting does come to the WWE, they need to really figure out how to use him right and build it up well. I have no idea who victim number 20 will be, unless they use Kane again. Or Wade Barrett (sp?). They both had a hand in Taker losing that Buried Alive match. Let's wait and see what happens Monday and who it happens to.

Taker winning at one more Wrestlemania is a given. That puts his record at 20-0 and I think he'll retire after that. If Sting does come to the WWE' date=' they need to really figure out how to use him right and build it up well. I have no idea who victim number 20 will be, unless they use Kane again. Or Wade Barrett (sp?). They both had a hand in Taker losing that Buried Alive match. Let's wait and see what happens Monday and who it happens to.[/quote']

Maybe will be both. Maybe the GM or someone will be trying to set up Taker to finally lose and he will use all his badassness and dark powers and beat them both. I would have him pin Kane, as then Barrett won't get burned by losing and Kane has lost to Taker many times.

Taker winning at one more Wrestlemania is a given. That puts his record at 20-0 and I think he'll retire after that. If Sting does come to the WWE' date=' they need to really figure out how to use him right and build it up well. I have no idea who victim number 20 will be, unless they use Kane again. Or Wade Barrett (sp?). They both had a hand in Taker losing that Buried Alive match. Let's wait and see what happens Monday and who it happens to.[/quote']

He's 18-0 now. He would not get #20 until 2012's Wrestlemania. And shouldn't that be Taker vs. Cena?

This year sounds like it is HHH with HBK as ref. Or something else. I think Monday's Raw will reveal a lot.

He's 18-0 now. He would not get #20 until 2012's Wrestlemania. And shouldn't that be Taker vs. Cena?

This year sounds like it is HHH with HBK as ref. Or something else. I think Monday's Raw will reveal a lot.

I want, 'Taker vs The Miz. That would be interesting to see, heh.

~Rex

I don'r follow wrasslin' much these days' date=' but I got to see the Rock's return. I don't think you can hold it against today's generation that they can't compete against that type of charisma. He's one of a kind.[/quote']

I would agree with you if it weren't for the fact that, although the Rock was a standout and may have been head of the pack, during that same time and slightly before you had Stone Cold Steve Austin, Michaels in his heydey, Flair, Hogan, Sting, Hitman amongst others. None of the current stars can match any of them.

No, I believe he's 19-0 now. His first victory over Shawn Michales was number 18, and the retirement match last year was number 20, I believe. Guess it's time to bust out the google-fu.

No' date=' I believe he's 19-0 now. His first victory over Shawn Michaels was number 18, and the retirement match last year was number 20, I believe. Guess it's time to bust out the google-fu.[/quote']

Google all you want, but I know he is 18-0.

Also, just got finished watching the Elimination Chamber. PPV did have predictable booking, but outstanding performances. The two Chamber matches were outstanding. A great battle between Edge and Rey in the first one and John Morrison bringing the insanity in the second. Plus CM Punk was great throughout with his performance and his facial responses. It was an excellent night of wrestling.

No' date=' I believe he's 19-0 now. His first victory over Shawn Michales was number 18, and the retirement match last year was number 20, I believe. Guess it's time to bust out the google-fu.[/quote']

Let's roll back to 2005, which was Wrestlemania 21. Taker faced Orton, and part of the promo for the build was "13-0," with Orton becoming lucky number 13.

From there:

2006: WM 22 - Mark Henry (14-0)

2007: WM 23 - Batista (15-0)

2008: WM 24 - Edge (16-0) (this one involved Edge threatening to make it 15-1)

2009: WM 25 - Shawn Michaels (17-0)

2010: WM 26 - Shawn Michaels (18-0)