WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

The Jungle Boy vs Rey Fenix was as good a match as you would expect and want between to hyper athletic opponents, and the show of respect from JB to RF was, I believe, real. Ruined by the Christian/Luchasaurus beatdown smack talk. Again, and I don't know if was planned or because of the actual injury to Christian, but having the friend from childhood turn against you is such a tired trope. I so prefer the, you are my best friend and I will stand behind you stuff. I sort of feel this way about the Billy Gunn and his kids too.

And once again Jericho goes over somebody he ought to be putting over.  Once again the Jericho Appreciation Society comes out on top, bound and determined to destroy any interest I might have in AEW's product.  People whine about the Elite but it's not the Bucks and Omega who've been refusing to put anybody over.  They've got a great many interesting factions available in AEW, JAS IS NOT ONE OF THEM! Let somebody get a solid lasting win without Dusty finishes or BS like that, let Kingston take the ROH title off Jericho, let Andrade stretch Sammy till he cries, just please remove this black hole of suck from my TV screen.

On 10/5/2022 at 10:16 PM, Twilight said:

And once again Jericho goes over somebody he ought to be putting over.  Once again the Jericho Appreciation Society comes out on top, bound and determined to destroy any interest I might have in AEW's product.  People whine about the Elite but it's not the Bucks and Omega who've been refusing to put anybody over.  They've got a great many interesting factions available in AEW, JAS IS NOT ONE OF THEM! Let somebody get a solid lasting win without Dusty finishes or BS like that, let Kingston take the ROH title off Jericho, let Andrade stretch Sammy till he cries, just please remove this black hole of suck from my TV screen.

Problem is, they missed Kingston beating Jericho window, IMO. And honestly, Sammy had become so popular as a face and then a heel (when people apparently hated him for apparently marrying Tai Melo/Conti), that rejoining Jericho has only hurt him, to me. Looking forward to the Hangman/Moxley match. should be really good, but will be ruined, again in my opinion, because they will have MJF take the title from the winner right after, ala the old money in the bank thing from WWE.

5 hours ago, slikmar said:

Problem is, they missed Kingston beating Jericho window, IMO. And honestly, Sammy had become so popular as a face and then a heel (when people apparently hated him for apparently marrying Tai Melo/Conti), that rejoining Jericho has only hurt him, to me. Looking forward to the Hangman/Moxley match. should be really good, but will be ruined, again in my opinion, because they will have MJF take the title from the winner right after, ala the old money in the bank thing from WWE.

I felt Sammy's face run was rather lackluster to be honest and his feud with Scorpio Sky had folks cheering Sky, rather then Sammy, if memory serves.  It was so bad he had to turn heel again and resume riding Jericho's coattails.  Given the backstage problems he's been part of as of late and well, I just don't think he's worth the push that Khan's giving him.  I agree though that rejoining Jericho has hurt him, that much was clear when he faced off with Daniel Garcia on Dynamite and it got no reaction.  Can't honestly say I'm upset about that though.

So AEW was in Toronto today and I had considered getting tickets.  Hearing that Jericho went over yet again and Daniel Garcia was booked to return to the JAS fold, thus killing an interesting storyline, I'm glad I didn't.  Heck, Garcia being on the outs with the JAS was the only interesting thing about them and now they're back to being the black hole of dullness the light of entertainment can't escape from.

Watched AEW Dynamite. Mostly predictable. Luchas stopped Pak from cheating and still retained trios titles. Glad they did, the Luchas always put on a good match and should be pushed some.

Page/Moxley was good until the sudden ending. Apparently on a Moxley clothesline, Page did the flip and twist but landed badly, suffered a concussion. Referee and doctor immediately jumped in, with referee going and informing Moxley while he was still down, and doctor called the match right there. Was the right thing to do. I actually think they may have given the belt to Page, but not sure.

Now will be MJF vs Moxley, and they are trying to sell that MJF will play it straight.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, slikmar said:

So, AEW continuing the selling old guys over young have now signed Jeff Jarrett to help brutalize Darby.

Yeah I desperately want to like AEW, but their booking makes it difficult.  The sheer amount of guys I like on the roster means I keep paying attention but MLW has a lot of guys I like too, without the things that annoy me for the most part so I think I might be focusing on them.

MJF beat Moxley at Full Gear. He is the new champion

Death Triangle beat the Elite in the start of a best of seven series of matches.

Jade Cargill beat Nyla Rose to get back the title belt that Nyla stole

Paige that was, Saraya that is beat Dr Britt Baker DMD in her return to active wrestling

Jamie Hayter beat Toni Storm to become Interim Women's champion

Samoa Joe beat Wardlow and Powerhouse Hobbs to become TNT Champion. Joe is already ROH TV champion

The Acclaimed beat Swerve in our Glory to retain the Tag Team championship

Jericho retained the ROH championship against Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli and Sonny Guevera

Jungle Boy beat Luchasaurus

• 2 weeks later...

AEW hosted he ROH Final Battle PPV.

Athena beat Mercedes Martinez to become ROH Women's World Champion

The Briscoes defeated FTR to become ROH Tag Team Champions

Wheeler Yuta beat Daniel Garcia to win the ROH Pure title

Claudio beat Jericho to become ROH World Champion

Brian Cage and Gates of Agony beat Dalton Castle and the Boys to take the ROH six man tag team championship

22 hours ago, death tribble said:

AEW hosted he ROH Final Battle PPV.

Athena beat Mercedes Martinez to become ROH Women's World Champion

The Briscoes defeated FTR to become ROH Tag Team Champions

Wheeler Yuta beat Daniel Garcia to win the ROH Pure title

Claudio beat Jericho to become ROH World Champion

Brian Cage and Gates of Agony beat Dalton Castle and the Boys to take the ROH six man tag team championship

Hmm, these results make me wonder if they are planning to actually split of ROH from AEW, since the ones who lost(except maybe Martinez) can actively work AEW and not worry about ROH. Yuta and Claudio due to the disolvment of the BCC.