WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

Wrestlemania night 1 saw Austin Theory defeat John Cena and retain the United States Championship

Seth Rollins defeated Logan Paul

Rey Mysterio beat his son Dominik. Rey went into the Hall of Fame on Friday.

Trish Stratus, Lita and Becky Lynch beat Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky)

The Street Profits won a Fatal Four way men's tag team match

Pat McAfee beat the Miz

Rhea Ripley beat Charlotte Flair to become Smackdown Woman's Champion

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn beat the USO to become WWE Tag Team Champions.

I don't see the point of bringing Charlotte back and have her lose the title so soon. And to Rhea again. It did not work well last time.

Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez are the new Women's Tag Team champions.

One thing I did not mention from Wrestlemania is that there was an impromptu match between Shane McMahon and The Miz. Unfortunately Shane suffered a blown knee so could not continue. Enter Snoop Dog who clobbered The Miz and pinned him. Credit to The Miz and Snoop Dogg for quick thinking and resolving the situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Night of Champions took place in Saudi Arabia today

Seth Rollins beat A J Styles to win the World Heavyweight Championship.

Gunther, Rhea Ripley and Kevin Owens/ Sami Zayn all retained their championship belts.

Brock Lesner beat Cody Rhodes and Trish Stratus beat Becky Lynch

Asuka beat Bianca Belair to take the WWE Women's Raw Championship

Double or Nothing tomorrow

Not just yet.

Double or Nothing results

Orange Cassidy retained the International Championship

Wardlow retained his belt defeating Christian Cage

Adam Cole defeated Chris Jericho in an 'unsanctioned' match.

MJF retained against three opponents

The Blackpool Combat Club beat The Elite

The House of Black beat the Acclaimed and Billy Gunn

FTR retained the Tag Team bels against Jay Lethal and Jeff Jarret

Toni Storm beat Jamie Hayter for the Women's Belt

Jade Cargill beat Taya Valkyrie to retain the TBS belt but was then beaten by Kris Statlander. Jade had over 50 wins as the TBS champion

Review I read from https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10077475-aew-double-or-nothing-2023-results-winners-live-grades-reaction-and-highlightswas very down on the Cole/Jericho match due to the ending, which seemed to negate the whole unsanctioned part.

Not sure where they are going with the BCC/Elite thing. 

Given his injuries (or apparent ones) I am surprised they didnt use this to give someone else Cassidy's belt.

Again, not surprised MFJ retained, though that same report I mentioned really likes him as a villain, I find him tiring. 

The guys from the report do feel that AEW is starting to rely too much on gimicks, especially bleeding, that doesn't really help their ppv because we see it free every week on the regular programs. One of the things, when AEW started, that I really liked is that they seemed to be setup to give younger guys (see 3 of the 4 pillars as I dont believe MJF was there from the start) and lesser knowns (Lucha Bros are one) a real shot at showing their stuff, but as they have gone on, I keep seeing older wrestlers being pushed as they left WWE (Christian, Jarrett, the Hardys, heck even Brian Danielson). I don't count Jericho, because tho older, he has been there from the beginning and actually has put a lot of younger guys over.

It's funny to me, as I think I said before, that the Women's division is having this exact storyline - Wrestlers who started and have grown with AEW vs Wrestlers coming in from WWE.

Honestly, given their current roster, if you weren't going to have one of those 3 take the belt from MJF, not sure who you would. They wasted Danielson with MJF (one of the reasons I find him tiring is he doesn't ever wrestle, from what I see), they literally have twice now had MJF beat Allin with a side headlock pin. I am hopeful they don't return to Perry vs Christian/Luchasaurus (who, like Big Bill, they have no idea what to do with). I will be curious to see with Perry what happens as i believe he is dating Anna Jay, so wonder if he will join them.

I would doubt it, only because Wardlow is just not good enough on the mic. One of the reasons I think they have Arn with him now. I have a sneaking suspicion they will have Jay White take it at some point, setting up White vs Omega - last 2 leaders of the Bullet Club, but we shall see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, death tribble said:

The card for Forbidden Door is all but complete.

Okada vs Danielson is the stand out match.

Jericho, Sammy Garcia and Minoru Suzuki will be fighting Sting, Darby Allin and a mystery partner from New Japan. The hint was it had to be someone who Jericho upset previously. I think it is Naito.

Naito would make sense as he seems to be the big name missing from the show. Especially as Ishii is now in the 5 on 5 match. not looking forward to Takahashe losing to MJF but they will have to offset Okada beating Danielson, which, given the 2 involved, I can't see not happening. Having Okada lose to Danielson, IMO, downgrades NJPW too much.

Yes, Naito is Sting and Darby Allin's partner.

He was not at last year's one and he and Jericho have history. He has history with Suzuki as well but we all knew that.

Money in the Bank is in London next Saturday but it clashes with the Tour, so if I was still in London and had money I might have gone to see it.

Who wants to put a theoretical bet on someone cashing in money in the bank at the show ?

The results from Forbidden Door are

Mogul Embassy beat Chaos

Los Ingobernables de Japon beat United Empire

MJF beat Tanahashi retaining his belt

CM Punk beat Kojima

Orange Cassidy retained the AEW international Championship

Sanada beat Jungle Jack Perry retaining his belt

The Elite beat the Blackpool Combat Club

Toni Storm retained the AEW Women's Belt

Will Osprey beat Kenny Omega to win the IWGP United States Championship (longest match of the night)

Sting, Darby Allin and Naito beat Le Suzuki Gods

Bryan Danielson beat Okada (2nd longest match of the night)

Okay, I am even more impressed by Danielson, but then it adds to my belief that it makes Okada look lesser. Basically, the MAN in the NJPW (and I know Sanada champion right now, but really, Okada is their headliner) lost to a guy from AEW who is not a champion, lost to our champion and had a broken arm. I am not trying to downplay the toughness or skill of Danielson, but from an appearance viewpoint, this looks bad.

No cash in at Money in the Bank. Consider me surprised

Damien Priest and Iyo Sky won Money in the Bank matches.

Liv Morgan is back from injury and won back the tag team titles with Raquel Rodriguez against Rousey and Bazler.

Roman Reigns was pinned for the first time since December 2019 in the Bloodline Civil War tag team match.

Bayley is now part of Judgement Day

Edited by death tribble