WWE Snark-Free Zone

Psybolt

Re: WWE Snark-Free Zone

Great article. I think the recent ratings issues with TNA are going to reveal even more. That all being said though, and I think it's just because of seeing a lot of the growth of the industry and such from various angles (aka, being an old fart), no one is really forced to work there, but yeah, they do what they do because that's what they do......

I don't see that changing though until you get another guy with as much smarts, drive, and money as Vince, to actually take a stab at it.

~Rex

• 1 month later...

According to the article, they had him checked out the Monday following Wrestlemania in Atlanta. He probably didn't want any bad news to spoil his Wrestlemania moment. Smackdown taping would have been Tuesday so they wouldn't have had results yet.

I think he went over because too many people were thinking Del Rio was going to win.

I do remember not long back he was saying he only had a couple of years left in him tops, and was looking to retire around 2012, preferably when a Wrestlemania got back up into Canada. Not happy to see him go, but being somewhat familiar with his kinds of injuries, I don't blame the guy. Better to walk away then Roll away. Shame though always liked Edge, but I'm sure Vince will still have some work for him in the company somewhere.

Heh, if it were TNA, they probably would have forced him into a few more matches until the screwes in the neck let loose, then scrapped him off the mat and tossed him in a dumpster somewhere.

Hat's off to Edge, that doesn't leave Smackdown with much of a line up though.

~Rex

A draft next week on Raw... which means someone will be moving to Smackdown. Randy Orton perhaps? John Morrison? I still hope Christian gets the main event push he deserves, but I get the feeling that Vince is not hugely over with him.

I just love the new Tough Enough. Stone Cold is great on this show. And there are a couple of the kids that I am starting to like. Tonight, the kid nicknamed "Skidmark" was in the bottom three but saved himself with a passionate promo. Really good. And surprising.

Tough Enough is actually more entertaining then either Raw or Smackdown. I think the having both the Rock and Stone Cold show up for promo work on both shows has really shown how weak those shows have gotten, because you REALLY notice when they aren't there.

Got my couple of favorites picked out on Tough Enough. Far better format then the NXT stuff; Bill Demott, needs to get back in the Ring and that's all I got to say about that.

~Rex

Got my couple of favorites picked out on Tough Enough. Far better format then the NXT stuff; Bill Demott, needs to get back in the Ring and that's all I got to say about that.

~Rex

The late ex-BF was always a fan of his work in WCW. He was pretty agile for a big man.

Yeah Demott was and still is one of the best workers in the business. Even though he's let himself go a bit, he could run rings around pretty much anyone out there right now, and a guy that big with a Moonsault that good, serious stuff to watch. :D

~Rex

The Laughing Man, The Man of Question, Hugh Morrus, Crash the Terminator, the Misfits in Action days where he was General Hugh G. Rection. DeMott is a hell of a wrestler. Went into the training gig to save his knees for a bit but started wrestling again after he left the farm league of training ville and is now back as a Trainer for the WWE on Tough Enough. You can find a lot of his stuff all over you tube. Basically a 300 pound power lifter guy that can move like a crusierweight. his last stint as a wrestler on WWE was handled badly, was really in the death of the attitude days and everyone was suffering from incredibly bad writing etc etc ......

If you put him back on either brand of the WWE right now he'd do nothing but add momentum. He is one of the best trainers in the business right now simply because he can do both the power house and the agile stuff.

~Rex.....the top 15 of Bill DeMott.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-tBWS-PDNo&feature=related

Just catching up on this thread after a while away. Yes, DeMott needs to get back in the ring. As for Edge's retirement, it sucks, but at least he stopped while he was still healthy. And I wonder how long Undertaker will be out this time. I miss the days when he was a regular part of the show. I fear we won't see him in the ring again until t6he night John Cena gets his roody-poo candy ass whipped by The People's Champion. And how much did THAT suck? Rock comes back, says he's back to stay, then makes a match for next years Wrestlemania, and I'll bet you money he disappears again until then. Dammit, we need guys like the Rock and Undertaker on TV every week, not on PPV once a year!

I think we'll see more of the Rock when the scheduling allows. He's supposedly going to be on about the same schedule as say, your typical TNA rouster guy, allowing him to wear multple hats so to speak. Same for Stone Cold, Demott and Stratus as long as Tough Enough continues to pan out. Ratings will dictate and they seem to be dictating.

~Rex