The Big Blue Book? Anywhere?

Rerednaw

Struck by the Superhero RPG bug I started rummaging through my old books. I still have Champions I - III, Star Hero, Stronghold, Fantasy Hero, Adventurer's Club 1-20 ish, Mind Games, Mystic Masters, Neutral Ground, etc...and somehow Foxbat snuck in and made off with my BBB. I mean I easily found FRED but the BBB...nowhere to be found.

While I'm desperately turning my house upside down looking I am beginning to think I may have to buy it again.

Is there any chance it will ever be reprinted or it is available in PDF?

Tanks in advance!

Re: The Big Blue Book? Anywhere?

Struck by the Superhero RPG bug I started rummaging through my old books. I still have Champions I - III, Star Hero, Stronghold, Fantasy Hero, Adventurer's Club 1-20 ish, Mind Games, Mystic Masters, Neutral Ground, etc...and somehow Foxbat snuck in and made off with my BBB. I mean I easily found FRED but the BBB...nowhere to be found.

While I'm desperately turning my house upside down looking I am beginning to think I may have to buy it again.

Is there any chance it will ever be reprinted or it is available in PDF?

Tanks in advance!

Kinda doubt it, but I have seen copies of it at Cons for sale. And I bet you can find it on ebay.

Check out Noble Knights Games online. I just ordered one from them for like $15. They might have more. I'll try to remember to let you know what condition mine arrived in.

This is always the way to go. The Guys at Noble Knight have a great eye for condition and are probably the fairest people I've met in that kind of business. Reminds me I need to toss them some cash and reserve a copy of Heros System Equipment. They actually stock HERO stuff in their Store Front, and it moves quick, heh.

~Rex

IIRC there were 3 versions of the BBB--the original hardcover' date=' a softcover version, and a "deluxe" anniversary hardcover edition which included, IIRC, a heromaker disk with it. ebay or a random game store through drive through RPG or amazon are probably your best bets.[/quote']

I saw the deluxe one at GenCon for sale and yes, it did have Heromaker.

I got mine today. It is in really good shape considering its age. I bought the softcover. It's a nice jolt of nostalgia to see the book again after eighteen years.

There is nothing wrong with Seeker. He's a little Silver Age, but the write-up is clean once you get past that. The character art was actually pretty good all around, even in black and white.

It's funny to look at a heavy hitter like Mechanon in the old days. He only has 75 active points in his weapons array. Now it's a 112. Still, I think the exponential growth in the breadth of the system balances the much larger dice pools needed for genre simulation.

IIRC there were 3 versions of the BBB--the original hardcover' date=' a softcover version, and a "deluxe" anniversary hardcover edition which included, IIRC, a heromaker disk with it. ebay or a random game store through drive through RPG or amazon are probably your best bets.[/quote']

My original BBB was the hardcover and is now in a ring binder due to age. My deluxe BBB is on my special shelf along with FRED and the other special editon hardbacks.