Funny locations for a Dark Champions game?

Ragitsu

Re: Funny locations for a Dark Champions game?

Funny Locations? Orlando: The Dark Side of Disney...

Death Comes to Downtown Disney.

Terror in Toon Town.

Kiss me in Kissime...a Vampire's Tale.

I actually live in Celebration... The town that Disney built. We ran a campaign a few years ago that included the Vampire Prince of Celebration (we use White-Wolf WoD clans in my various Horror Hero games.) It was a lot of fun and kinda funny in that, if you've ever been here (or, heck, seen pictures of it) it is so un-vampire like its kinda scary;)

Though to be fair for us this is not something to have right now. If you didn't hear, we had our first murder here about a month ago, followed not two days later by our first suicide by cop. I'm not making lite of this at all, but I was annoyed that we had news vans everywhere for almost 2 weeks, when you can go 3 miles up the street and ind all the street crime you want...

St. Louis comes to mind as a good example of a large city with no reputation for a crime problem.

St Louis is the murder captial of the us this year. It beat Detroit and Camden, who were murder capitals in the preceeding years and are still in the top five.

CES

How do you know you are in the Illinois part of St. Louis or the Kansas part of KC? Simple, you don't see police. ^^ But seriously, the most dangerous parts of those cities tends to be out side my great state of Missouri. ^^ St. Louis is always in the running for murder capital of the US because East St. Louis is so very dangerous (E.St.L being largely on the other side of the Mississippi and thus in IL.). I believe last year or two years ago the murder capital was Philadelphia by only a few dozen.

Word of Advice, only go to St. Louis in the daylight and only to the major tourist areas. Otherwise, find a better place to go to (and we have a lot!).

La Rose.

Speaking of interesting place to place a game, Columbia, Missouri comes to mind (Mid way between St. Louis and KC on I-70 - also home of the University of Missouri). It was the setting for a whitewolf game once. IIRC, the game information ended up having what used to be an old Burger king listed as being something else (abandoned building, I think) and was actually the hideout for a Vamp. nest. The funniest thing is that around the time this setting was contrived, Columbia had been voted best city to live in in the entire US. Talk about unlikely settings. : )

La Rose.

Are you speaking in terms of "in theory," or do you want actual stories?

St. Louis comes to mind as a good example of a large city with no reputation for a crime problem. I've even seen a couple of TV episodes (though I don't recall which series) where that city was chosen for something specifically because nothing exciting ever happens there -- it's a city of quiet cul-de-sac neighborhoods.

(In reality I'm sure St. Louis has no less of a crime problem, or at least not significantly less, than any other city of its approximate size. I'm speaking of its "story image" here.)

Actually, St. Louis was the single most violent city in the US last year, and has for decades ranked in the top 5 or 10 for most crime statistics. Pretty much ever since the "Great White Flight" of the early 80's and then the beginnings of the airline industry decline in the 90's (when TWA went to the great baggage claim in the sky.)

Trust me, St. Louis is a great town in a lot of ways, and definitely seems less dangerous than it is, but we have some major issues with crime, poverty, and urban decay.

That being said, Branson, MO would be a hilarious place for Dark Champions. Feature chases in go-carts, and random square dancing tour busses getting caught in the crossfire, throw in some of the local "celebrities" who have productions down there, and put the bad guy's base in the big lake.

Actually, St. Louis was the single most violent city in the US last year, and has for decades ranked in the top 5 or 10 for most crime statistics. Pretty much ever since the "Great White Flight" of the early 80's and then the beginnings of the airline industry decline in the 90's (when TWA went to the great baggage claim in the sky.)

Trust me, St. Louis is a great town in a lot of ways, and definitely seems less dangerous than it is, but we have some major issues with crime, poverty, and urban decay.

Are there any parts of it, at night, that you wouldn't go into?