Tron

Chris Goodwin

I was a major fanboy of the original, and will be seeing the sequel as soon as I possibly can. :D This thread is for statting out anything related to the movies and related media.

Identity Disc is its own 1-point Weapon Familiarity group.

Light Cycle is part of the Two-Wheeled Motorized Vehicles group (thus, a User who knows this group will be able to drive a Light Cycle). Light Jets may be treated similarly with their real-world counterparts. Tanks and Recognizers may take their own 1-point TFs (or at least may be part of their own in-System TF groups).

I have included my take on the Light Cycle, based on not particularly recent viewings of the original movie and numerous views of the new movie's trailers. I didn't buy the movement with No Turn Mode, as the lightning-fast 90-degree turns seemed to be an artifact of the lightcycle combat grid. As near as I can tell from the trailers, the cycles from Legacy seem to behave very similarly if not identically to those of the original film (though they may be faster, newer, etc.).

None of its powers are built with Foci, because they all seem to be an intrinsic part of the cycle itself.

The Light Cycle comes in the form of a baton. An application of energy (15 END) causes the cycle to rez up with the user seated inside.

[font="Arial"]77	[i]Light Cycle Baton:[/i] Summon 385-point Light Cycle, Slavishly Devoted (+1) 
(150 Active Points); OAF (-1) - END=15[/font]

Mike, feel free to host this writeup if you want.

(Light Cycle has been edited again; see file for details.)

Also added: a prefab containing the Light Cycle Baton and the Identity Disc.

Re: Tron

Updating the Light Cycle (check the initial post in this thread). It now has OCV 7; I'm now assuming things like "Take him into the maze" and that maneuver where two cycles that are running in parallel with an enemy between them move in close to cause the enemy to wreck. It's now 385 points, which I think means the summoning baton costs the same. Also I rewrote the Jet Wall slightly; it now has a BODY score and reduced PD/ED.

Also adding, to the initial post, a work in progress: a prefab. Tron Powers And Equipment.hdp. So far it includes the Light Cycle Baton and the Identity Disc. If it's not in the initial post in this thread, be patient. It will be updated as I add more to it.

Tron Legacy spoiler ahead.

The baton seems to be multi-purpose. On the ground it rezzes up a light cycle, while in the air it rezzes a light jet. It also turns into a sword, which Clu and his goons were using to slaughter their way through the End Of Line Club.

I'll figure out how to stat this up later.

• 2 weeks later...

User powers would be handled by either buying powers straight up (maybe with an Only In System Limitation) or through a VPP or MP.

They assume you're there. Back and forth would probably be EDM.

More soon, definitely. I've been away from my home System, so to speak.

Recognizers

What exactly do recognizers do? I mean, they're sort of flying sentries, but they don't seem to have any offensive capability in either film. They can capture programs by stomping on them (breaking whatever they're riding in). They can pop bubbles with the cats-cradle-like-thing between the legs. Anything else?

Here's the recognizer. I didn't give it any kind of ranged attack as we don't see one in the films. I'm assuming it's a lot lighter than it looks; the square shape is meant to give it an aura of size and power. It really is rather flimsy.

The Cat's Cradle attack is the "net" of energy they use over the Sea of Simulation to pop the "bubbles" that come at them.

Recognizer

VAL CHA Cost Notes

7 Size 35 Length 10.08m, Width 5.04m, Height 5.04m, Volume 256m^3 Mass 12.8 ton, OCV +4, KB -7

50 STR 5 HTH Damage 10d6 END [5]

10 DEX 0

5 OCV 10

3 DCV 0

2 SPD 0 Phases: 6, 12

12 PD 15 12 PD (12 rPD)

12 ED 15 12 ED (12 rED)

17 BODY 0

Movement Cost Meters Notes

FLIGHT 20m/80m

Characteristics Total: 64

Cost Powers

13 Stomp Attack: (Total: 13 Active Cost, 13 Real Cost) Extra Limb (1) (Real Cost: 5) plus +4 with Grab (Real Cost: 8) 0

-12 Lightly Armored: (Total: 0 Active Cost, -12 Real Cost) (0 Active Points); Ablative BODY Only (-1/2) applied to PD (Real Cost: -6) plus (0 Active Points); Ablative BODY Only (-1/2) applied to ED (Real Cost: -6) 0

25 Hovering Flight: Flight 20m, x4 Noncombat 0

19 Spotlight: Sight Group Images, +4 to PER Rolls, Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (38 Active Points); Only To Create Light (-1) 0

12 Comms Suite: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) 0

15 Radar: Radar (Radio Group) 0

30 Cat's Cradle: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (45 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 0

Powers Total: 102

Base Points: 400

Experience: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Total Character Cost: 166

Light Tanks look to be rather swift and agile and can be run by a single individual. The main gun fires a chevron of energy that can destroy a recognizer in a single shot. It also has a small blast radius, which is how it took out Flynn, Ram, and Tron in their light cycles.