Your "2011" Pet Gaming Projects

TheQuestionMan

Greetings Herophiles, it is once again time to begin Your "2011" Pet Gaming Projects. Do you remember:

Your "2003" Pet Gaming Projects

???

Your "2004" Pet Gaming Projects

http://herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10675

Your "2005" Pet Gaming Projects

http://herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31932

Your "2006" Pet Gaming Projects

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40094

Your "2007" Pet Gaming Projects

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52203

Your "2008" Pet Gaming Projects

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61922

Your "2009" Pet Gaming Projects

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/70945-Your-2009-Pet-Gaming-Project?

Your "2010" Pet Gaming Projects

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/77538-Your-2010-Pet-Gaming-Projects?

Your "2011" Pet Gaming Projects

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/83278-Your-quot-2010-quot-Pet-Gaming-Projects?p=2109026#post2109026

Champions

Dark Champions

Fantasy Hero

Campaign: Tesunden Isles by Nolgroth

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/81701-Tesunden-Isles?highlight=Gemini+Ascendant

Pulp Hero

Star Hero

Campaign: Gemini Ascendant by Nolgroth

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/48842-Gemini-Ascendant-Campaign

Other Hero

Other Games

Cheers

QM

Re: Your "2010" Pet Gaming Projects

Darn the bad luck. Mistyped the year it looks like.

Going back, my 2010 Gaming Projects were 1. Unnamed Fantasy Hero campaign and 2. Complete Gemini Ascendant.

Well I got 50% of it done twice over. I ran not just one Fantasy Hero campaign, but two. As to Gemini Ascendant, we have an official start date of the first Thursday in January. So while I didn't meet that goal last year, it only opened up the opportunity to resume the campaign.

So for my 2011 Gaming Projects, I think I am going to take it easy.

1. Run Gemini Ascendant
  2. Run Tesunden Isles from time to time.
  3. Work on refining a concept I had called Quick 'n' Dirty Hero, a stripping down of the Hero System in much the same way Instant Fuzion stripped down the Fuzion system. Still a work in progress, but I think the overall concept has been solidified.

And one project that I worked on pretty steadily during the last year, I am going to hang up. I am done trying to build a MapTool Campaign File for Hero 6E. The work I have done so far has shown me that it is just too complex a system to attempt a standardized Campaign File for. At least for me to try. I will update and maintain my own campaign file for use in my own games.

Re: Your "2011" Pet Gaming Projects

I love these threads but they make me sad at my inability to complete anything.

I'm with that guy. However, I will say that I really want to try running a Kerberos Club type setting. Boy, do I have ideas for a Victorian supers campaign! I keep waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the Hero version of KC to come out, but I may end up having to do this in the original Wild Talents rules. This makes me sad, but I do like learning new systems.

Currently, I am running a Deadlands campaign with a 13-year storyline involved. I'll definitely be continuing this!

I am planning to run a couple events at Gen Con, although as yet I am still putting together my ideas for that.

What else... More miniatures gaming! Malifaux, AE-WWII, Pulp City, Uncharted Seas, and more! I have my awesome new 10' by 4' gaming table and a real desire to create scenery and paint figs.

Richard

Champions - continue the Alcatraz Foundation Wardens campaign...

Champions - continue developing the websites for the Wardens campaign

Wardens Chronicles - Champions Campaign - http://wardens.angeva.com

Foundation Chronicles - The World of the Wardens - http://foundation.angeva.com

Foundation Redbook - Campaign Rules and Characters - http://redbook.angeva.com

Post-Apoc - continue the slow development of the Union Chronicles, a Gamma Worldish Post Apoc setting and website for said setting - http://union.angeva.com

It also is looking like I might get the chance to run something else, maybe a fantasy campaign, as some of the guys I work with want to revisit the days of their youth with some face-to-face gaming.

The Question Man has beat me to the punch.

I narrowed done my project list to just one project. I'm working on a heroic level Martial Arts one-shot game for my friends. The neat thing though of what I'm doing (at least to me) is I'm picking through all the rules and trying to understand them before I let them in, or feel that I might have to use a house-rule. (I really trying to kept it as close to RAW as possible.) Also the game is going to allow powers defined as skills to fill in any gap of the skills. Example of this would be allowing clinging defined as unthrowable since technically you can't use the root manuever to counteract a throw. This is the first time that I'm really looking at visualizing a game and going over the nuts and bolts to flesh out my vision. And I really am having fun with it.

(If anyone is curious, I could post up the abilities I have already.)

I'm gonna finish Terracide! Well, there's gonna be a finished manuscript, but I'll never actually be finished writing Terracide stuff. After the main sourcebook is done, I've got a huge list of ideas for expansions, adventures, continuation of the time-line, and maybe even another complete sourcebook, which would be set in the same universe but several centuries later....

I've got a Kamaranthin adventure to work on for Fantasy Hero.

And then there's yet another unfinished tale from the Shadows Angelus universe. I finally learned to quit saying "This is the last one" because it never is....

Inflict Masks of Nyarlathotep on my Cthulhu players. Expanded with the MoN Companion, Green & Pleasant Land, Unspeakable Oath, Fearful Passages, recurring villains from the existing campaign, and as much slow-cooking hints and surprises as I throw in there.

If any of my players are reading this, going out and reading copies of any of the above will do you no good at all. Indeed, will actively mislead you. BWAHAHA

*prepares more antiqued handouts for a home-brewed prologue to MoN that I intend to call Instruments Yet Stranger*

I have found some new gamers and we are putting togather the PACIFIC CRUSADERS, a west coast version of my CRUSADERS demo campaign based in Emerald City (Seattle).

CAPTAIN NEMO AND THE NAUTILUS NINE will make three stops at Origins this year as will the BRITISH AVENGERS for at least one event. SCREEN MACHINES will make at least two appearences. This new group consists of adventurers in high tech vehicles from the 1980's. These will include Knight Rider, the Blue Thunder unit, Street Hawk, and a heavily re-designed Thunder in Paradise.

THE VAN AMSTEL CHRONICLES will make at least four appearences at GenCon this year. The FORCE OF NINE and the SHADOWERS have one each while the LOST ONES will have two.

I'm putting together a game set in a school of magic. Drawing from the Harry Potter novels and throwing in elements from the mangas Negima and Night School. The player's will start with VPPs for magic and or martial arts powers and only be able to use powers related to the courses their studying in school.

Since my Traveller Hero campaign got derailed with personal issues last year' date=' the main focus for this year is to get that back on track.[/quote']

Working hard on my Traveller Hero Campaign. Using the wonderful (and sadly not available anymore) Traveller 1248 setting from Comstar/Avenger. I have all of the Traveller Hero Books and pretty much all of the Supplements. Hopefully will be starting sometime in February.

• 2 weeks later...

Working hard on my Traveller Hero Campaign. Using the wonderful (and sadly not available anymore) Traveller 1248 setting from Comstar/Avenger. I have all of the Traveller Hero Books and pretty much all of the Supplements. Hopefully will be starting sometime in February.

Update, still working on the Traveller campaign. Going to use Mongoose Traveller LBBs to create characters, then convert them to Hero. This way we get that Traveller feel of Char Gen, and the players get to keep playing the system they are comfortable with.

BTW the Comstar/Avenger Traveller Supplements that are generic (ie the New Era Adventures, and Sourcebooks) are available from Far Futures Enterprises, as part of the Traveller The New Era "Extended Canon" CD. http://www.farfuture.net/cdroms.html The CD's have a nice webpage interface, and a flat file architecture that makes things easy to find. The Comstar stuff is all very high quality PDF's that seem to have been made from the original print files (like the stuff here at Hero Games.com). Older stuff that was published by GDW and other companies are decent quality scans of the original book.

Unfortunately, the wonderful Traveller Hero stuff seems to be gone forever (prob. has to do with FFE + Hero licencing)

I have a couple things going on...

1. Running (and coordinating) a number of RPG one shots for the Meetup Group. We haver run Gamma World 1st ed, and scheduled are Fallout and RingWorld. I would like to also run Role Master (maybe even MERP), and Traveller. Hoping to get a guy to run Dogs in the Vineyard.

2. Am starting a new Fantasy Hero(ish) campaign. I am starting everybody as more or less DnDish characters in the World of Greyhawk. I am going to do a 2012 thing that instead of worlds ending, people shift from one world to another. In this campaign these people are going to land around Clinton, Illinois. I am planning on groups of people from Greyhawk coming to this world but will land in different places. I am going to give the orcs a head start in figuring out more rudimentary technology....like cars and guns. I am designing the magic system sort of like that of Role Master.

3. Will be running an off and on Champions campaign.

Since my list from last year was fairly complete, I'll just update that.

Champions

• Write two more modules for the Legacy of Champions convention campaign. I continue to be woefully far behind due to Real Life and other projects. 0% done. If it gets close to convention time, I may just steal somebody else's ideas, but I really hate to do that...

Dark Champions

• Port an organization I built for the Spycraft 2.0 RPG, the Disciples of the Word, into Hero terms. 0% done. Low priority anyway.

Fantasy Hero

• [postPONED] Complete work on my massive High Fantasy Hero campaign, In the Hands of Fate. It's about 75% done but the campaign was put on indefinite hold due to an upset in the player base. It might be too cerebral for a Tuesday night anyway; we're currently doing Dark Sun D&D 4E there, and that seems to be more at the mental level people can manage then.
  • Convert the magic of the DragonQuest RPG to Hero 6E in three flavors - pure Fantasy Hero, as-close-to-DQ-as-possible-in-Hero, and a comfortable mix in between. About 90% done. I had this on-hold due to other commitments, and it's about time I finished it off and posted it.

Pulp Hero

• Update my write-ups of Fu Manchu and his minions in the Si-Fan. 0% complete. I did take the books off the shelves and acquired one of the two follow-ups written by Cay Van Ash, so I have hopes it'll be even more complete and thorough than the 5E Hero version.

Star Hero

• Still haven't begun work on the next leg of my Traveller Hero campaign, Flight of a Thousand Years, currently in hiatus. I found some excellent third-party resources on the Trojan Reach, which the PCs had just entered at the break point, so it looks like most of my work will be of the "cut 'n' paste" variety.

Other Hero

• Convert World of Darkness RPG Vampire: The Masquerade into Hero 6E. Basic template is 100% done and posted. I don't think I'll convert the rest as it's not something I can use in any other current games.
  • Convert World of Darkness RPG Werewolf: The Apocalypse into Hero 6E. Basic template is 100% done and posted. I don't think I'll convert the rest as it's not something I can use in any other current games.
  • [postPONED] Convert World of Darkness RPG Mage: The Ascension into Hero 6E. Mostly the magic system. 0% done. Indefinitely on-hold as it's not something I can use in any other current games.
  • [postPONED] Convert World of Darkness RPG Changeling: The Dreaming into Hero 6E. 0% done. Indefinitely on-hold as it's not something I can use in any other current games.
  • Convert World of Darkness RPG Wraith: The Oblivion into Hero 6E. Basic template is about 95% done, everything else is 0% done. It's not something I can use in any other current games, but it's so close to finished that I might just finish it up to post it and be done.
  • Write-Up: Ham the Astrochimp. Completed today and posted.

Other Game

Unfortunately' date=' the wonderful Traveller Hero stuff seems to be gone forever (prob. has to do with FFE + Hero licencing)[/quote']I still curse myself that I was unable to acquire the hardcopy books in a timely manner, as now my chances seem remote. I'll be the unlucky boob paying through the nose for them on eBay (and considering myself lucky to do so).

I love these threads but they make me sad at my inability to complete anything.

So I'm gonna keep mum. At least for now.

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon. And if anybody wants to know what I'm working on, they can look at my post in the 2010 thread. :o

Actually, now that I've moved, my biggest gaming project is finding a new gaming group. :mad:

I hope to finally start up my long-planned Fantasy HERO campaign set in Hero's Atlantean Age world. It will revolve around my concept for a major evil cult of the Dragon in that era, the Flames of Varkolak. The cult will be based on the Atlantis-dominated continent of Pelasgar, which is entirely too stable and threat-free for my liking. :eg: I might post some of my campaign notes to the forums -- they should work as the basis for followers of an evil dragon-god in most fantasy settings. And who can't use some of those? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I had a crazy idea for something I'm loosely calling "Guitar Hero" that I've been kicking around... the characters are a world famous, globe trotting, crime fighting rock band with "magic" instruments... maybe not magic, per se, not sure about that yet, but each is capable of creating different effects or powers or something... part of each character's unique signature, so to speak... throw in some spooky mysteries, ninjas, beautiful jewel thieving femme fatales, etc etc and away we go!

I'd also kinda like to do an end of the world, Zombie Apocalypse scenario in a Fantasy setting.